voting

fireminded

If you vote a as b, a becomes b. This bother anyone else?:) also, 0 doesn't have any volume does it?

Also, I got to thinking, since zero doesn't exist can't it not actually be used for any sort of measurement? You would have to use only quantatitive values to measure right?

pho_vaalserberg1103_01.JPG

It has Mount (!) Vaals

My first thought on seeing that was ... Arbuckle Mountains! Here's a gorgeous panoramic view of Ardmore, Oklahoma which lies but 16 kilometers from the Arbuckle Mountains:

800px-Ardmore_ok_p1.jpg

Gorgeous!

Here's a beautiful mountain lake in the foothills of the Arbuckle Mountains:

Shiloh-Morning-Inn-Luxury-Bed-and-Breakf

I vote for flat.

Has anyone read Asimov's "The Relativity of Wrong"?

While the article is about something else, he does bring up the point of Earth being flat.

Another way of looking at it is to ask what is the "curvature" of the earth's surface Over a considerable length, how much does the surface deviate (on the average) from perfect flatness. The flat-earth theory would make it seem that the surface doesn't deviate from flatness at all, that its curvature is 0 to the mile.

Nowadays, of course, we are taught that the flat-earth theory is wrong; that it is all wrong, terribly wrong, absolutely. But it isn't. The curvature of the earth is nearly 0 per mile, so that although the flat-earth theory is wrong, it happens to be nearly right. That's why the theory lasted so long.

(...)

The curvature of such a sphere is about 0.000126 per mile, a quantity very close to 0 per mile, as you can see, and one not easily measured by the techniques at the disposal of the ancients. The tiny difference between 0 and 0.000126 accounts for the fact that it took so long to pass from the flat earth to the spherical earth.

Despite the imperial units, it's a very interesting and recommended read. But please don't vote for a flat Earth. My GPS is working poorly enough as it is.

http://chem.tufts.edu/answersinscience/relativityofwrong.htm