UFO...

imatfaal

Crashed UFO in 1941...

Mann told Stringfield her grandfather got a call one spring night from police asking him to accompany them to the site of an airplane crash outside town in case the victims needed a clergyman.

"A car was sent to get him, but grandmother said it wasn't a police car," Mann said in Stingfield's recounting of the story.
"When Huffman got to the crash scene, Mann said, he noticed one piece of the wreckage that appeared to have a rounded shape with no edges or seams," and a "very shiny, metallic finish."
"Police officers, plainclothes men, and military officers were already at the scene sifting through the wreckage, Mann said. Laid to one side of the scene were "three bodies, not human," she recounted.
"It was hard for him to tell if they had on suits or if it was their skin, but they were covered head to foot in what looked like wrinkled aluminum foil," Mann said.
"He could see no hair on their bodies and they had no ears. They were small framed like a child, about 4 feet tall, but had larger heads and longer arms."
Their faces had large, oval-shaped eyes, no noses, just holes and no lips, just small slits for mouths," Mann said.
Huffman was told by one of the military officers at the scene not to tell anyone what he had witnessed for security reasons, Mann told Stringfield. Huffman told his wife, Floy, and their two sons what he had seen when he returned home from the crash site, but never spoke of it again, said Mann.

Picture at about 08:30 Story Starts @ 07:20 Picture at about 08:30...
Edited by Moontanman

I'm a reformed UFO believer, but it was fun stuff when I was young. The late 60's to early 70's was like the golden age of the UFO cultural phenomena. Plenty of material in the paperback book section of the local grocery store. Books, movies, T.V. it was like a drug to the hyperactive grade schooler that I was. It seemed so probable back then. If science didn't have the answer, it was aliens. Pyramids, Atlantis, Aztecs, Incas, they even mixed it with eastern and western religions, there was no limits, no boundaries. Even Bigfoot! True mass appeal was their goal, leave no stone un-turned except the truth. The sources were so one sided, with no objectivity to speak of.

Looking back it was high entertainment value, low educational content. Chariots of the Gods was a perfect example, when I watched an actual scientific examination of that movie's claims when I was around 12 or 13, it was game over. I wanted to be those guys that took these books and movies apart piece by piece, or at least be able to view everything I saw after that with as sharp of a "critical analysis" as I could muster within my limitations. It was the moment I realized I could be quite fooled with quite little effort on their part. They simply left out key information that would have made there claims invalid. So easy, just pick and choose, in this type of analysis less is definitely more. More hype = more money.

These UFOlogists have that over exposed appearance. If they were honest with themselves and us they would admit they are in to deep to see the evidence with any objectivity. It's like having a your bookkeeper perform their own audit of their work. "No surprises, everything looks legitimate".

I think the most obvious thing in all this is the lack of true whistle blowers in this supposed 70 year cover-up. No secrets are kept for so long by so many, it's not within the natural behavior of our species as current NSA and other recent and past revelations have shown.

I'm a reformed UFO believer, but it was fun stuff when I was young. The late 60's to early 70's was like the golden age of the UFO cultural phenomena. Plenty of material in the paperback book section of the local grocery store. Books, movies, T.V. it was like a drug to the hyperactive grade schooler that I was. It seemed so probable back then. If science didn't have the answer, it was aliens. Pyramids, Atlantis, Aztecs, Incas, they even mixed it with eastern and western religions, there was no limits, no boundaries. Even Bigfoot! True mass appeal was their goal, leave no stone un-turned except the truth. The sources were so one sided, with no objectivity to speak of.

Looking back it was high entertainment value, low educational content. Chariots of the Gods was a perfect example, when I watched an actual scientific examination of that movie's claims when I was around 12 or 13, it was game over. I wanted to be those guys that took these books and movies apart piece by piece, or at least be able to view everything I saw after that with as sharp of a "critical analysis" as I could muster within my limitations. It was the moment I realized I could be quite fooled with quite little effort on their part. They simply left out key information that would have made there claims invalid. So easy, just pick and choose, in this type of analysis less is definitely more. More hype = more money.

These UFOlogists have that over exposed appearance. If they were honest with themselves and us they would admit they are in to deep to see the evidence with any objectivity. It's like having a your bookkeeper perform their own audit of their work. "No surprises, everything looks legitimate".

I think the most obvious thing in all this is the lack of true whistle blowers in this supposed 70 year cover-up. No secrets are kept for so long by so many, it's not within the natural behavior of our species as current NSA and other recent and past revelations have shown.

I have traveled a very similar course, when I was young there was a huge number of paper back books that claimed all sorts of nonsense. I read them ravenously.

UFOs have not lost their wonder for me completely but I approach is much more cautiously than i did. I know the US Airforce has operated a disinformation campaign almost from the very first but it's difficult to tell if the disinformation was for national security or a cover up of something alien.

The sighting I posted has some interesting aspects but it also raises some questions, The first one that comes to mind is do baptist ministers give last rites? Twice told tales and death bed confessions are both interesting and suggestive but they are not proof of anything. I'd like to see the original picture of the dead alien but that seems unlikely.

To me part of the interest lies in figuring out what really happened, I have recently come to understand one of my favorite "unexplained" sightings, the Socorro sighting was a hoax, a kite of all things, specifically targeted toward the man who reported the sighting. In many ways I was relieved to find this out, besides being glad i wasn't wrong any more it shines a new light on other sightings and their veracity..

• 1 month later...

Here is an interesting short video...

In low light conditions and with low cloud a sky tracker search light (hireable for parties and controllable from a pc) would easily show up and look about the same. Especially as the spots disappear as the pass from low dark cloud to high white

If aliens are watching us, there is no reason they need to visit the Earth. They can learn all they need using telescopes from beyond the orbit of Pluto, or by sending undetectably small drones into our atmosphere. They can keep up with the news by watching television, get a blood sample with a drone mosquito, and learn anatomy, French cuisine, and military secrets from the internet. Sending things we can detect into the atmosphere makes no sense for intelligence gathering; alien spacecraft visiting us have no strategic or tactical purpose.

In low light conditions and with low cloud a sky tracker search light (hireable for parties and controllable from a pc) would easily show up and look about the same. Especially as the spots disappear as the pass from low dark cloud to high white

While I am sure there is an explanation if you watch closely they do disappear into dark clouds at least once around 00:10...

I have seen the search light effect many times, this just looked a bit different than the ones i've seen...

For me it's "I don't know so I need to investigate as much as possible", there are sightings that are inexplicable and not because of lack of data, I do know that doesn't mean aliens but it turned out rocks did fall from the sky and centuries of simply saying no it had to be something else didn't make it something else... ignoring puzzles never solves them and disinformation helps no one but those holding secrets...

I think the quote from Jefferson (it might have been someone else) went something like this...

"I would rather believe two Yankee professors would lie, than that stones have fallen from the heavens."

​It could be apocryphal, old quotes are hard to be completely sure about...

For me it's "I don't know so I need to investigate as much as possible", there are sightings that are inexplicable and not because of lack of data, I do know that doesn't mean aliens but it turned out rocks did fall from the sky and centuries of simply saying no it had to be something else didn't make it something else... ignoring puzzles never solves them and disinformation helps no one but those holding secrets...

I tend towards the side of caution, I dont deny their existence or perhaps their presence, but they certainly wont be seen unless they need to. This i imagine isnt in the form of 'general' sightings. Though i doubt their presence alot more than their existence on a 1 to 2^(9^(^9(etc))) sort of basis.