To the Members and Administrators here:

DocBill

Originally posted by CHRISCUNNINGHAM

Riiiiiigggghhhhhhhhht......

Really??? This happened AGAIN, and caused you to leave?!?!

mmmhmmmmm......

Chris, it is great to have you aboard. However, I must warn you that the same ridiculousness that was allowed there will not fly here. Here, a person won't be asked a couple dozen times to "PLEASE! play nice" but will have their psts deleted, their treads moved to "Posting Pergatory" and get themselves booted out.

Now, that being said, welcome aboard. As for any of what "Analog5" used to call the "Little Trolls"..... on this forum SCIENCE rules. We know how to deal with them.

Bill

PS:if this is all in y head (along with many recent former members of the other forum)..why are they here?

doctor bill, you can flame me for saying this, but i think it has to be said. this is all very childish and unnecessary.

i understand there is a growing rivalry between mkaku forums and scienceforums, and i will make it clear that i will continue to post on both, if that is a problem, delete my account. i dont need politics in my science.

thank you

That really is unnecessary.

I don't think it is a rivalry, more like an appreciation...

I have just posted an equal amount of posts on both forums; 5 posts!

And I think that I will be posting here, why? Because Bill is here, and if Bill sais this place is a good place then I respect that.

It wouldn't be very fair to 'delete' your account due to your partisipation on mkaku now would it?

I suppose that it is just an illusion of a rivalry...

Like stated earlyer in the thread, beter managment has made this forum great, something to strive towards at mkaku.

hey now, we'll have none of the flaming and anger management problems going on around here...

not that there is now mind you, just remember to keep it calm;) I hate forums where people seem to get mad over the stupidest little things... I don't think your preferances of posting here or posting there will get you anything more than a blank stare and a shrug of who cares from those of whom it truly matters

Chris, it is great to have you aboard. However, I must warn you that the same ridiculousness that was allowed there will not fly here. Here, a person won't be asked a couple dozen times to "PLEASE! play nice" but will have their psts deleted, their treads moved to "Posting Pergatory" and get themselves booted out.

I understand that, but what kind of got to me Dr. Bill is that you spoke of the MKAKU forum as if it were nothing but Fundamentalists, and Education Dissents... . I know there WAS that one problem with Douglas, but that was 3 months ago, why speak of it now as if it still happens. I think that problem is completely over and done with, and has been for quite some time.

To say "The other forum is great but I do not need emails to my home....."

Makes it seem as if that kind of stuff still goes on. Moreover when people reply with "I doubt Fafalone would let religous nuts and pseudoscientists get a foothold here." they show what their interpretation of The MKAKU Forum is, that being a forum where religous "nuts" and psuedoscientists have a foothold. This is NOT true about the Forum, and that is why I had a problem. Additonally, I am sincerely wondering who was been attacking you as a scienctists, teacher, etc., I think I can name a name, but still I am sure he doesn't do it on a regular basis, or go out of his way (i.e. emailing your work and home) to do so. Also I am sure he could be spoken with, IF he is still on the Forum. Becuase when you said the Brightest are leaving the Forum, the only people I can think of leaving the forum before your departure was Douglas, and also it is Malai5 and Pheonix whose presence has been infrequent lately. And they are the only two I can think of that were maybe a bit "out there" in opinions and Philosphy. Although, even Pheonix had much much more to say than just religous "ideas", and it was quite recently when he started going to the "Dark Side" (Fundamentalism).

PS:if this is all in y head (along with many recent former members of the other forum)..why are they here?

Well, you can give a big round of applause to YJS for that.....

Now I am sure you didn't put him up to this at all, and it was rather characteristic of him, but he made quite a show on MKAKU Forum. He made a post in General Science titled "New Forum". He then gave a link to this Science Forum.Net that said "the new hope" above it. This was ensued by a paragraph paraphrased ("if you're loyal to Dr. Bill"(his exact words by the way) you'll leave the MKAKU Forum) He then concluded with how every other moderator but CC knew what they were doing, and he in fact spoke of Cosmic quite condescendingly, and topped it off with "I'm tried of this Bull*i**, aren't you."

I had time to reply to it before it was deleted, but I doubt he had a chance to read it.

I am GUESSING, that his name on this Forum is YoungStrife, but that is only based on the fact that he had the same signature as YoungStrife on the MKAKU forum a little while back. But this is just a guess.

I didn't come here because I was UNHAPPY with The MKAKU Forum, I came because I am interested in how this forum compares to it, and also simply to hear what some others have to say about GUT, TOE, GR, etc., etc.

I plan on staying a member of BOTH forums. I mean, they're almost identical.

It is a good to see you again, but it isn't so good to see the MKAKU forum, being portrayed out of light, to people that maybe haven't been to it yet that's all.

Best Regards,

Chris Cunnigham

Originally posted by CHRISCUNNINGHAM

I understand that, but what kind of got to me Dr. Bill is that you spoke of the MKAKU forum as if it were nothing but Fundamentalists, and Education Dissents... . I know there WAS that one problem with Douglas, but that was 3 months ago, why speak of it now as if it still happens. I think that problem is completely over and done with, and has been for quite some time.

To say "The other forum is great but I do not need emails to my home....."

Best Regards,

Chris Cunnigham

Glad to hear that. Actually a member of another forum came here and made a liabelous post. It has been deleted, and I have spoken with Mike and Cory. AND have stated that I wanted no rivalry, and would keep this end free of bashings.

Read my "Forum Bashing" post

Bill

Originally posted by DocBill

The other forum is great, but I do not need personal attacks, e mails to my home and ofice telling me I will "Burn in Hell" because I understand Darwin, or that I am, in fact "Satan."

This forum is great, and I think that I will be very comfortable here. The other forum is a great forum as well. I miss being there, but to each his own.

Bill

The other forum is as bugged by it as I was..they are pulling in the reigns on these people. I am happy to hear that.

Bill

Ok, let me make something clear.

There is no rivalry between ScienceForums and mkaku. We (the administrators) do not know the administrators of mkaku, and we'd never even heard of the site before a few days ago.

Any conflict is a personal issue between members here and members of the other site. Keep it off this site. All mkaku members are welcome to post on both sites, we have no bias towards them and will not treat them any different from other new members.

Personally I'm already sick of hearing about this.

Originally posted by Sayonara³

So am I.

I honestly couldn't care less about petty rivalries on a site I've never heard of.

quite. i doubt the forums were set up so that we can all argue over which one is better.

Hmm.

Well let's address these issues:

1. Yes. As a matter of fact, it occurred 3 times. Cosmic dealt with them all.

2. That may have been your take, but I still chat with the fella's over at the other forum and all is cool so far as I know (was last night around 10:00pm EST)

3. Yes. You are right there. And mr YJS has gotten a lecture from me for what he said pon the other board, and I have spoken with him (not as a mod--as a friend) to please cease. To my knowledge he has.

4. There is no rivallry, or if there is it is a friendly one. Many members here are also members there.

So..was I pissed at the bashing I recieved by other people? Yes. Did I unfairly single out some? Yes. Did I appologize once I found the "culprits"? Yup.

Bill

PS: if you see any negative bs on the other forum by a member here (you know who) please pm me. That will only exacerbate the situation which, so far as I know, is "Kool."