Revelation 17 and 18.

sammy7

Nope, I generally prefer to use my brain while it's working properly. (I was at a beer festival yesterday- but not drinking beer).

Why would you imagine that it mattered?

Anyway, perhaps if you actually set out your point clearly you might get somewhere.

Nope, I generally prefer to use my brain while it's working properly. (I was at a beer festival yesterday- but not drinking beer).

Anyway, perhaps if you actually set out your point clearly you might get somewhere.

Well some of the verses i have underlined signify the city/nation being described is a city/nation of seemingly significant commerce. Pay close attention to them, then the stats on country/cities. Revelation 17:9 'And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.' What is the capital of the world essentially? It is underlined. What is the symbol of the capital of the world? Hmmm. Anymore and it makes it too easy for someone. Its all there if someone wants to go through it.

Well some of the verses i have underlined signify the city/nation being described is a city/nation of seemingly significant commerce. Pay close attention to them, then the stats on country/cities. Revelation 17:9 'And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.' What is the capital of the world essentially? It is underlined. What is the symbol of the capital of the world? Hmmm. Anymore and it makes it too easy for someone. Its all there if someone wants to go through it.

I've read it, in fact reading the bible is convinced me once and for that there is no evidence for any god or gods. So if you think you have some evidence that you have uncovered I would love to read it. Seriously I am very interested in your evidence...

I can take virtually any book and find correlations with modern society and then claim a pattern has formed. Oh look, Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice signifies the dealing between modern day Israel and Iran! If you substitute Islam for Christianity, it all becomes so clear!

My question was directed at the OP, but because of its uncharitable nature I've just reported myself.

I do find the OP's link to be quite incoherent. New York is the Whore of Babylon? That's some pretty far out stuff...

Edited by chilehed

My question was directed at the OP, but because of its uncharitable nature I've just reported myself.

I do find the OP's link to be quite incoherent. New York is the Whore of Babylon? That's some pretty far out stuff...

At least someone may see a correlation between Revelation 17 and 18 and what i believe to be NYC/USA.

At least someone may see a correlation between Revelation 17 and 18 and what i believe to be NYC/USA.

Some people saw a link between the Harry Potter books and Satanism.

People also saw the canals on Mars.

It doesn't mean any of these things are real.

Well everyone has to believe something, I believe I'll have another beer... Seriously sammy7 how does your belief translate into reality? I've read many explanations of the passages you site and most if not all indicate that the whore of babylon to be the catholic church, of course if you are not a fundy protestant your mileage on that may vary...

Oops, it would seem sammy7 is no longer among us...

Edited by Moontanman

Oops, it would seem sammy7 is no longer among us...

Rev 20:3

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Maybe he was right after all - Revelations is correctly predicting events.

!

Moderator Note

A-Wal

I have moved your messages (and Moontanman's reply) to the locked thread - which is remaining locked. Please don't post in threads that have nothing to do with the topic merely to subvert a mod locking the thread. Thanks