masking of hidden camera lens

Ivan Tuzikov

Hello everybody. There are so-called camera lens detectors. Link for reference: (the example of camera lens detector)

The question is this: is it possible to construct a smart and intelligent hidden camera (with the respective hardware and software means) which will be able to detect such detectors, recognize theirs presence and automatically mask lens system, effectively preventing its detection?

You see, a friend of mine wants to buy such thing to use for example in hotels, but I believe that such purchase is unnecessary.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

Hello everybody. There are so-called camera lens detectors. Link for reference: (the example of camera lens detector)

The question is this: is it possible to construct a smart and intelligent hidden camera (with the respective hardware and software means) which will be able to detect such detectors, recognize theirs presence and automatically mask lens system, effectively preventing its detection?

You see, a friend of mine wants to buy such thing to use for example in hotels, but I believe that such purchase is unnecessary.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

If they are detected by reflecting red light off the lens then covering the lens with a blue or green color filter would thwart the detector. Let me demonstrate what I mean...

redDot.png

...cover the red dot with the blue side of color 3d glasses and it will go away. The downside would of course be the camera recording in blue.

If they are detected by reflecting red light off the lens then covering the lens with a blue or green color filter would thwart the detector. Let me demonstrate what I mean...

redDot.png

...cover the red dot with the blue side of color 3d glasses and it will go away. The downside would of course be the camera recording in blue.

Well, then one can use the detector with light source or lamp which generates light of different colours, and the said filter will be bypassed, right?

Well, then one can use the detector with light source or lamp which generates light of different colours, and the said filter will be bypassed, right?

Blue light would bypass a blue filter, but I don't know if blue light would work for a lens detector. All the ones I see on the first two pages of google search results are red.

It is very possible that the blue end of the spectrum doesn't work well for detecting lenses. Maybe because blue light has more diffraction from a glass lens. I don't know.