To teach the world to sing?

rigney

Conflict and violence go hand in hand.

There is a conflict in my decision on where to spend my paycheck. Should I buy a stereo or some groceries? There is a conflict about with whom I hang out... my wife or my buddies? There is a conflict in my garden between planting tomatoes or planting peppers, and with how I spend my time... Should I do the dishes or ride the motorcycle? These are all conflicts, but none of them are violent. There is often overlap between conflict and violence, but they do not go "hand in hand."

Edited by iNow

Conflict and violence go hand in hand.

I would also add that while most violence is due to conflicts, it's not always so. Some violence against people has nothing to do with conflicts against those people, like the recent cinema shootings.

There is a conflict in my decision on where to spend my paycheck. Should I buy a stereo or some groceries? There is a conflict about with whom I hang out... my wife or my buddies? There is a conflict in my garden between planting tomatoes or planting peppers, and with how I spend my time... Should I do the dishes or ride the motorcycle? These are all conflicts, but none of them are violent. There is often overlap between conflict and violence, but they do not go "hand in hand."

Those are only decisions of which you should make a rational choice.

I would also add that while most violence is due to conflicts, it's not always so. Some violence against people has nothing to do with conflicts against those people, like the recent cinema shootings.

Yes, you are right. His conflict was coming to grips with reality, not the ensuing violence of his mayhem. Edited by rigney