I'd Vote for him, Allen West; in a Heartbeat

rigney

Talking politics is a ticklish subject under the best of conditions. To be engaged in them, even more challenging. This guy Allen West doesn't seem to come from a pampered background and has spent most of his adult life in the military. So, as a right wing leaning middle of the roader; this is the type of person I'd vote for, regardless of their political views.

Edited by rigney

Talking politics is a ticklish subject under the best of conditions. To be engaged in them, even more challenging. This guy Allen West doesn't seem to come from a pampered background and has spent most of his adult life in the military. So, as a right wing leaning middle of the roader; this is the type of person I'd vote for, regardless of their political views. The link I am trying to use won't attach, so i used it as the topic description.

Seriously rigney, you would vote for some one regardless of their political views?

here ya go

Seriously rigney, you would vote for some one regardless of their political views?

here ya go

We've talked on this before Moon and you know my right wing leanings. However, I have never voted a straight Republican or Democratic ticket. Dennis Kucinich can vouch for that. This guy Allen West has been up front on just about everything I've ever heard him speak. But then, the way you lean; I suppose you don't care much for Rubio either? Edited by rigney

We've talked on this before Moon and you know my right wing leanings. However, I have never voted a straight Republican or Democratic ticket. Dennis Kucinich can vouch for that. This guy Allen West has been up front on just about everything I've ever heard him speak. But then, the way you lean; I suppose you don't care much for Rubio either?

You said regardless, what if he was a communist?

I tried to send you a Pm to show you how to clean up that you tube link but i forgot all you would get is the video, eliminate the & and everything to the right of it...

You said regardless, what if he was a communist?

I tried to send you a Pm to show you how to clean up that you tube link but i forgot all you would get is the video, eliminate the & and everything to the right of it...

That's alright, I'm not too keen at computers either. On the other thing though, I try living in a real world Moon. I'm not, as I have stated before, the sharpest nail in the keg; but I don't have a head on both ends. To personally blame Obama for this "bottom out economic situation" we are in, would be rediculous. I just don't espouse his remedy as a cureall. There are those who woud devour this country ASAP. And unless we get our shit together as a nation of mutual understanding, it will eventually happen whether we like the idea or not..

That's alright, I'm not too keen at computers either. On the other thing though, I try living in a real world Moon. I'm not, as I have stated before, the sharpest nail in the keg; but I don't have a head on both ends. To personally blame Obama for this "bottom out economic situation" we are in, would be rediculous. I just don't espouse his remedy as a cureall. There are those who woud devour this country ASAP. And unless we get our shit together as a nation of mutual understanding, it will eventually happen whether we like the idea or not..

I don't know rigney, the two we currently have to choose from are not much of a choice, the main difference is that one is pretending to be stupid to please his constituents and wants to be president and the other is pretending to be liberal and is president...

Both are owned by the major corporations...

Do you have a better solution?

What problem is he the solution to?

Do you have a better solution?

I asked what conservatives like so much about him... I did not say I had an alternative. Please don't answer a question with a question. Now, are you able to address my question at even a remedial level?

I don't know rigney, the two we currently have to choose from are not much of a choice, the main difference is that one is pretending to be stupid to please his constituents and wants to be president and the other, pretending to be liberal and is president... Both are owned by the major corporations.

What is the solution? Where are the answers to such a conundrum? Damn! What we realy need is another couple hundred years of abstract stupitidy and greed. Hell! By then even I might be able to figure it out.

I asked what conservatives like so much about him... I did not say I had an alternative. Please don't answer a question with a question. Now, are you able to address my question at even a remedial level?

Remedial? You sound like a professor I once had, and he didn't make much sense by questioning my allegory either. Edited by rigney

Look. I am seeking to understand what qualities make him so attractive to the conservative mindset. Maybe I am missing something, and maybe I should support him, too. That's all I'm curious about.

Look. I am seeking to understand what qualities make him so attractive to the conservative mindset. Maybe I am missing something, and maybe I should support him, too. That's all I'm curious about.

Then I suggest you look at Mr. West's Bio. i'm not trying to make a federal case of this, it's only my opinion. Edited by rigney

Then I suggest you look at Mr. West's Bio. i'm not trying to make a federal case of this, it's only my opinion.

Rigney, you make a bald faced assertion about something and then just back away as though your opinion is self evidently true and refuse to explain, why do you bother?

Allen West had his time in the sun and he was judged unfit by the American people, any further assertion of his fitness to be president either needs to be supported by something significant... or ignored as baseless assertion...

Rigney, you make a bald faced assertion about something and then just back away as though your opinion is self evidently true and refuse to explain, why do you bother?

Allen West had his time in the sun and he was judged unfit by the American people, any further assertion of his fitness to be president either needs to be supported by something significant... or ignored as baseless assertion...

There was no need to explain my thoughts. And who mentioned "President", other than you? Some nerdy malcontents read too much into a statement. The man is in congress, not the white house. Now, if you would like to discuss the "?" who at present considers himself president, that would be another story, and a new post entirely. And can you justify your statement:
Allen West had his time in the sun and he was judged unfit by the American people,
Edited by rigney

There was no need to explain my thoughts. And who mentioned "President", other than you? Some nerdy malcontents read too much into a statement. The man is in congress, not the white house. Now, if you would like to discuss the "?" who at present considers himself president, that would be another story, and a new post entirely. And can you justify your statement:

my mistake, he was at one time running for president, since he is not representing my state he is now a non issue for me...

my mistake, he was at one time running for president, since he is not representing my state he is now a non issue for me...

I hope Jackson and Sharpton fit into the same category? Edited by rigney

I hope Jackson and Sharpton fit into the same catagfory?

Not even close, they are at the bottom of my list to ignore completely as actual players in politics, at least West has some real world experience, at least i looked at West when he was running, the others are not even players... more like not funny parodies of actual players...

Edited by Moontanman

Okay. Done. Now, what specifically in that bio makes him so attractive to conservatives, like he's the best thing since ice in tea?

Noyhing! Other than the fact he follows a regimen of honesty, decency, intellect and what America is all about. Edited by rigney

I'd appreciate it if you could direct me to a link offering such information. This is the first I've heard about it.

Edit: Rigney, I am embarrassed, I totally, totally, got this wrong, I owe both you and Allen West an apology, it was Herman Cain that was accused of sexual assault, not Allen West, I am very sorry for my mistake, my mind is evidently turning to mush much quicker than i thought in my old age. Again I apologize. I don't know how I could hake that mistake, it is indeed embarrassing.. :embarass:

Edited by Moontanman

Rigney, it's the reason he is no longer running for president.... Several woman came out and said that he had used his position of power to coerce them into having sex and a couple said he had used actual physical force to try and make them perform various sex acts.

The main thing is that he used his position of power to prey on vulnerable women.... It was all over the national news for weeks...

When did all of this happen? I don't fool with the news much and tried looking on the internet, but only found charges about him firing a gun close to a prisoners head during interrogation. That got him tossed from the military. I can't find a thing about him assulting women.

Edit: Rigney, I am embarrassed, I totally, totally, got this wrong, I owe both you and Allen West an apology, it was Herman Cain that was accused of sexual assault, not Allen West, I am very sorry for my mistake, my mind is evidently turning to mush much quicker than i thought in my old age. Again I apologize. I don't know how I could hake that mistake, it is indeed embarrassing.. :embarass:

I've already questioned you in the followingt post, and glad it's all figured out. But since I didn't post that post, no problem. Edited by rigney

iNow, it probably is as simple as he is (or seems to be) a straight shooter. In the bit with the reporter or whoever it was questioning him, he dismissed the stupid question as stupid. (Of course you can't find "Attack America" in a book written in the 8th Century. If you could even you would be considering conversion. :D ) He was able to follow up with dates and places.

He was just doing what people do when someone claims Christianity is a religion of peace. The only logical response is "Since when?"

The incident in Iraq (I remember reading about it at the time) has both good and bad points. It probably was the wrong thing to do, but if you are short on time and the lives of your men are at risk..... Right or wrong, the incident shows that when the chips are down he values the lives and safety of his men above rules or his own advancement. Sort of indirectly saying that he'd rather risk a court martial than lead his men into an ambush that he could have avoided. Noblesse oblige is something that conservatives respond to.

Consider the stereotypes of the "Leaders" of the two sides. The right wing leader is depicted as "Gung Ho" and all "Follow me men, let's get them!" while the left wing leader is depicted as saying "Onwards comrades! Viva la revolution!" while crouching behind a rock wearing the only really arrow proof helmet.

The more somebody resembles the first stereotype, for want of a better term, the "John Wayne" type, the more conservatives like them. I don't know a good term for it, "style" maybe? But it's the difference between a leader that says "You are hereby ordered to invade Hell and capture Satan" and the one who says "I'm going to Hell to kick Satans butt. Who's coming with me?" Only one of those statements works in the Dukes trademark drawl. :D