What does "the land of Nod" mean ?

Externet

Perhaps they were suggesting a retail outlet for kids clothes and furniture of the Land's End variety?

Kidding aside:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Nod

The Land of Nod (Hebrew: eretz-Nod‎, ארץ נוד) is a place in the Book of Genesis of the Hebrew Bible, located "on the east of Eden" (qidmat-‘Eden), to which Cain chose to flee after murdering his brother Abel. According to Genesis 4:16:

And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

"Nod" (נוד) is the Hebrew root of the verb "to wander" (לנדוד) and is possibly an etymological etiology intended to explain the nomadic lifestyle of Cain and his putative descendants, the Kenites. One interpretation of Genesis 4:16 is that Cain was cursed to wander the land forever, not that he was exiled to a "Land of Wanderers" otherwise absent from the Old Testament. Genesis 4:17 relates that after arriving in the Land of Nod, Cain's wife bore him a son, Enoch, in whose name he built the first city.

• 2 weeks later...

What does "the land of Nod" mean as mentioned on Genesis 4.16 ?

lol i posted this before but why does it keep getting deleted please mod? to the original poster i personally find it interesting that in the game command and conquer "kains" side has the "hand of nod" comment please

lol i posted this before but why does it keep getting deleted please mod? to the original poster i personally find it interesting that in the game command and conquer "kains" side has the "hand of nod" comment please

!

Moderator Note

sammy7, this thread is not about computer games, so your comments are off-topic. We had hoped you would get the hint with the deletions. Please stop trying to derail the thread.

!

Moderator Note

sammy7, this thread is not about computer games, so your comments are off-topic. We had hoped you would get the hint with the deletions. Please stop trying to derail the thread.

hi they are directly related to the question though?oh sorry i should say in the bible it is cain that is mentioned and the land of nod thats why there is a correlation between the two...

Edited by sammy7