Freedom

Divagating the Future

By my heritage freedom has high value.. I am Roma, a people second only to the Jews buried in mass un-named graves. Adolf Hitler took it upon himself to decide which group of people deserved to walk upon the earth and breathe its air.

Through cunning and good fortune my great grandparents narrowly escaped the atrocities of Hitler's Holocaust. They were warmly welcomed by a loving land; a land symbolizing hope,of freedom. Well,soon upon arriving, my great grandma found work as a house-cleaner; her husband left to join forces to defeat his oppressor. Two long years later and looking 20 years older he returned→mission complete.

Being poor but always working hard, they came to afford a humble apartment. That was quite a while ago, yeah.

Then a number of years after,upon a frosty night,one which by unusual chance the moon was bloody I came into this world. My birth-sack was still intact;I entered the world still veiled. Yeah, no teasing.

I never met my great grandad but the pictures of him were of a man with sharp features; his eyes always looked tearful. They were the eyes of one who saw what the price of freedom cost.

My family was poor yet I never knew that..Funny in a way, I think.

Being that the neighborhood we lived in was dangerous,my mom schooled me. Oh!..I mean it was seriouly dangerous..For real..! Was a place called Newark, New Jersey. Just remembering→ One could see the smoke from the 9/11 attack; even smell it. Ya know, the attack that gave the saying, "We'll never forget." Lol, doesn't seem many really give it much thought anymore. I do, my cousin is buried there.

Now for sure, it's a wonderful thing to have your momma teach you. She taught not only reading,writing and numbers; she taught me to always stand up for myself,do what was right,be kind to others. I vividly remember her telling me I am Gipsy,hold my head up,walk with confidence and to not be afraid to freely speak out what I felt. She told of how special it was and what the price of it was. I never forgot her words. My dad as had his dad before him took arms to defend such a precious gift. In a far-a-way place in a time many have forgotten he bravely held his ground. After nearly three years in a steaming jungle he came back home. Oh, he was garnished with ribbons and medals for his valour,his being shot and taken for dead as he risked all for the life of another. Yes,a man came home,but my father died the day he was shot. How many men without faces did he kill with his machine gun,flying low to the ground in that helicopter→dozens?..hundreds? My father never told. He did what he felt was right,what would keep freedom alive. He did as ordered and never really came home doing it. I loved my dad as much as I feared him. How could I ever forget those horrible nights. Dad would awake and while in a trance shouted and screamed. My dad paid the cost of freedom with his soul. Too many dead bodies,too many crying orphans killed my dad. And so he now sits very quietly, without expression. A needle feeding him medicine. A medicine to forget. To forget what freedom costs.

But I, will. I can never forget its price.

Things worked out well for me. You could say I am doing quite well.

But, I sensed "winds of change" in the air. Things just didn't seem right anymore.

The place,the town the country that welcomed my great grandparents just seemed to have become, well, different.

But me?

I have not changed. No. Maybe that's the problem; time has moved on and I have stayed put.

I don't live in that land anymore. I just couldn't. But I damn sure miss it..!

And, well sometimes I get thinking.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think so.

Hearing all these people that should kiss the flag that gave them that special,priceless gift are now bad-mouthing it. What happened? Where did it go? All these people bad-mouthing the land that was a land which was synonymous with freedom.

Things are looking pretty bad now for that land.. Sad thing is the people don't pay attention to what's really happening.

Me?

Oh I see it falling. Maybe cause I'm not there now and can see it more objectively. Like, wake up people! Get off your asses! Ya got a brain still, well, I think so, yeah.

Like ya all have thinking that China is going to do a better job keeping the world together?

Yeah..Right..Hot damn. Speak out while ya sill got some chance. Scream out! Cause if ya don't it's all going to fade away.

Hell, I can't even write a freaking poem on a forum without getting "chastised" on MY computer by some "computer policeman."

Imagine that grandpa? Oh! I wonder what all the brave boys and girls..men and women who KNOW what freedom costs would be a thinking? Cause I know one thing for sure. Once it's gone it's going to STAY gone. Like Joni Mitchel says, "Don't it always seem that you don't know what ya got till its gone." So true, Yeah, very true.

And,well,like the Kris Kristofferson song goes, "Freedom's just another word when there's nothing left to lose; freedom aien't worth nothing, but its free," I never really gave those words much thought

..Until recently...That is.

Grandpa, daddy, if ya can, do something,anything.

But then I come to thinking. Thinking about the computer policeman, oh I should be P.C→ Politically Correct I now suppose and include the computer policewomen too..Right?

I wonder who wrote the rules of "Political Correctness?"

Like is it something like the Ten Comandments? Ten rules, now that's just fine. Too damn many rules and regulations and this is right and that is wrong, Ya know?

Lol...Yogi Berra, he knew it a long time ago, right?

"The future aien't what it used to be."

Aien't it like "poetic justice."→ Oh, not sure there even exists any "political justice" anymore. I'm not sure.

"Hey, Yogi, hit a home-run for me."

Oh, right.

Yeah..

Yogi,he's done hitting home-runs. Too old now.

"Yogi, hey,give me the bat. Cause I aien't done swinging yet,

hell, I'll go down swinging.

Me?↓

I'm just warming up..!"

By my heritage freedom has high value.. I am Roma, a people second only to the Jews buried in mass un-named graves. Adolf Hitler took it upon himself to decide which group of people deserved to walk upon the earth and breathe its air.

Through cunning and good fortune my great grandparents narrowly escaped the atrocities of Hitler's Holocaust. They were warmly welcomed by a loving land; a land symbolizing hope,of freedom. Well,soon upon arriving, my great grandma found work as a house-cleaner; her husband left to join forces to defeat his oppressor. Two long years later and looking 20 years older he returned→mission complete.

Being poor but always working hard, they came to afford a humble apartment. That was quite a while ago, yeah.

Then a number of years after,upon a frosty night,one which by unusual chance the moon was bloody I came into this world. My birth-sack was still intact;I entered the world still veiled. Yeah, no teasing.

I never met my great grandad but the pictures of him were of a man with sharp features; his eyes always looked tearful. They were the eyes of one who saw what the price of freedom cost.

My family was poor yet I never knew that..Funny in a way, I think.

Being that the neighborhood we lived in was dangerous,my mom schooled me. Oh!..I mean it was seriouly dangerous..For real..! Was a place called Newark, New Jersey. Just remembering→ One could see the smoke from the 9/11 attack; even smell it. Ya know, the attack that gave the saying, "We'll never forget." Lol, doesn't seem many really give it much thought anymore. I do, my cousin is buried there.

Now for sure, it's a wonderful thing to have your momma teach you. She taught not only reading,writing and numbers; she taught me to always stand up for myself,do what was right,be kind to others. I vividly remember her telling me I am Gipsy,hold my head up,walk with confidence and to not be afraid to freely speak out what I felt. She told of how special it was and what the price of it was. I never forgot her words. My dad as had his dad before him took arms to defend such a precious gift. In a far-a-way place in a time many have forgotten he bravely held his ground. After nearly three years in a steaming jungle he came back home. Oh, he was garnished with ribbons and medals for his valour,his being shot and taken for dead as he risked all for the life of another. Yes,a man came home,but my father died the day he was shot. How many men without faces did he kill with his machine gun,flying low to the ground in that helicopter→dozens?..hundreds? My father never told. He did what he felt was right,what would keep freedom alive. He did as ordered and never really came home doing it. I loved my dad as much as I feared him. How could I ever forget those horrible nights. Dad would awake and while in a trance shouted and screamed. My dad paid the cost of freedom with his soul. Too many dead bodies,too many crying orphans killed my dad. And so he now sits very quietly, without expression. A needle feeding him medicine. A medicine to forget. To forget what freedom costs.

But I, will. I can never forget its price.

Things worked out well for me. You could say I am doing quite well.

But, I sensed "winds of change" in the air. Things just didn't seem right anymore.

The place,the town the country that welcomed my great grandparents just seemed to have become, well, different.

But me?

I have not changed. No. Maybe that's the problem; time has moved on and I have stayed put.

Hearing all these people that should kiss the flag that gave them that special,priceless gift are now bad-mouthing it. What happened? Where did it go? All these people bad-mouthing the land that was a land which was synonymous with freedom.

Things are looking pretty bad now for that land.. Sad thing is the people don't pay attention to what's really happening.

Me?

Oh I see it falling. Maybe cause I'm not there now and can see it more objectively. Like, wake up people! Get off your asses! Ya got a brain still, well, I think so, yeah.

Like ya all have thinking that China is going to do a better job keeping the world together?

Yeah..Right..Hot damn. Speak out while ya sill got some chance. Scream out! Cause if ya don't it's all going to fade away.

Hell, I can't even write a freaking poem on a forum without getting "chastised" on MY computer by some "computer policeman."

Imagine that grandpa? Oh! I wonder what all the brave boys and girls..men and women who KNOW what freedom costs would be a thinking? Cause I know one thing for sure. Once it's gone it's going to STAY gone. Like Joni Mitchel says, "Don't it always seem that you don't know what ya got till its gone." So true, Yeah, very true.

And,well,like the Kris Kristofferson song goes, "Freedom's just another word when there's nothing left to lose; freedom aien't worth nothing, but its free," I never really gave those words much thought

..Until recently...That is.

Grandpa, daddy, if ya can, do something,anything.

But then I come to thinking. Thinking about the computer policeman, oh I should be P.C→ Politically Correct I now suppose and include the computer policewomen too..Right?

I wonder who wrote the rules of "Political Correctness?"

Like is it something like the Ten Comandments? Ten rules, now that's just fine. Too damn many rules and regulations and this is right and that is wrong, Ya know?

Lol...Yogi Berra, he knew it a long time ago, right?

"The future aien't what it used to be."

Aien't it like "poetic justice."→ Oh, not sure there even exists any "political justice" anymore. I'm not sure.

"Hey, Yogi, hit a home-run for me."

Oh, right.

Yeah..

Yogi,he's done hitting home-runs. Too old now.

"Yogi, hey,give me the bat. Cause I aien't done swinging yet,

hell, I'll go down swinging.

Me?↓

I'm just warming up..!"

It will likely be hard getting replies to something so heart wrenching. Most folks are too busy keeping their cell phones, I-Pods and TV remotes in proper working condition to either read or listen. Thanks for that brief Bio. At least you got it off your chest.

The founding fathers of the USA already warned their fellow countrymen... but nobody is listening.

To quote Franklin: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

The core of the problem is that people courageously pick up arms to defend freedom, but do not understand when they give up that liberty that they fought for.

The enemy is a clear concept. They're the other guys who are trying to kill you. But the freedom is taken away by your own countrymen. They hollow out your freedom and liberty from the inside, like a parasite. How can you fight that, except by education and understanding.

You must first see the problem before you can act... and I fear that most people - in the USA, but also everywhere else in the world - simply don't understand it.

The founding fathers of the USA already warned their fellow countrymen... but nobody is listening.

To quote Franklin: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

The core of the problem is that people courageously pick up arms to defend freedom, but do not understand when they give up that liberty that they fought for.

The enemy is a clear concept. They're the other guys who are trying to kill you. But the freedom is taken away by your own countrymen. They hollow out your freedom and liberty from the inside, like a parasite. How can you fight that, except by education and understanding.

You must first see the problem before you can act... and I fear that most people - in the USA, but also everywhere else in the world - simply don't understand it.

The wording couldn't have been better, either ftom a Harvard, Yale or Rhodes Scholor. I believe Kristofferson hit it right on the head with: Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose, nothing ain't worth nothing, but it's free! When we finally lose the simple concept and resolve of what freedom really is, and means; we will never get it back.

Thomas Jeffereson, too, touched on this theme when he said: "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

And also Dwight Eisenhower said, "History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" as well as, "How far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?"

... Some of us are listening, it's just that some of the loudest voices in this country right now are the ones in crazy peoples heads.

Very profound Captain.

Can I use that?

It will likely be hard getting replies to something so heart wrenching. Most folks are too busy keeping their cell phones, I-Pods and TV remotes in proper working condition to either read or listen. Thanks for that brief Bio. At least you got it off your chest.

Just take the look at my profile.

Just because I posture views that are controversial, I have been prosecuted.

A forum should have converse, not complicity.

That's the whole point of having a forum..

True?

YES!!!! I, ..See the problem..

Haven't you read my story???????

BUT, I SENSED A "WINDS OF CHANGE" IN THE AIR. THINGS JUST DID'T SEEM RIGHT ANYMORE. Things just didn't seem RIGHT anymore.

The place,the town the country that welcomed my great grandparents just seemed to HAVE BECOME . WELL, DIFFERENT.

But me?

Hearing ALL THESE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD KISS THE FLAG THAT GAVE THEM THAT SPECIAL,PRICELESS GIFT ARE NOW BAD-MOUTHING IT.

WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE DID IT GO? All these people bad-mouthing the land that was a land which was synonymous with FREEDOM..

THINGS ARE LOOKING PRETTY BAD FOR THAT LAND NOW..

SAD THING IS...

the PEOPLE..

DON"T PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT'S HAPPENING.

Me?

OH I SEE IT FALLING.

Maybe cause I'm not there now and can see it more objectively.

LIKE WAKE UP PEOPLE !

GET OFF YOUR ASSES ! Ya got a brain still, well, I think so, yeah.

Like ya all have thinking that CHINA is going to do a better job keeping the world together?

Yeah..Right..Hot damn.

SPEAK OUT WHILE YA STILL GOT SOME CHANCE.

SCREAM OUT.!

CAUSE IF YA DON"T..

IT'S ALL GOING TO FADE AWAY.

AND ONCE IT'S GONE,

IT'S GONNA STAY GONE.!

YES!!!! I, ..See the problem..

Haven't you read my story???????

BUT, I SENSED A "WINDS OF CHANGE" IN THE AIR. THINGS JUST DID'T SEEM RIGHT ANYMORE. Things just didn't seem RIGHT anymore.

The place,the town the country that welcomed my great grandparents just seemed to HAVE BECOME . WELL, DIFFERENT.

But me?

Hearing ALL THESE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD KISS THE FLAG THAT GAVE THEM THAT SPECIAL,PRICELESS GIFT ARE NOW BAD-MOUTHING IT.

WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE DID IT GO? All these people bad-mouthing the land that was a land which was synonymous with FREEDOM..

THINGS ARE LOOKING PRETTY BAD FOR THAT LAND NOW..

SAD THING IS...

the PEOPLE..

DON"T PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT'S HAPPENING.

Me?

OH I SEE IT FALLING.

Maybe cause I'm not there now and can see it more objectively.

LIKE WAKE UP PEOPLE !

GET OFF YOUR ASSES ! Ya got a brain still, well, I think so, yeah.

Like ya all have thinking that CHINA is going to do a better job keeping the world together?

Yeah..Right..Hot damn.

SPEAK OUT WHILE YA STILL GOT SOME CHANCE.

SCREAM OUT.!

CAUSE IF YA DON"T..

IT'S ALL GOING TO FADE AWAY.

AND ONCE IT'S GONE,

IT'S GONNA STAY GONE.!

Queen of Wands,

Most people are wth you in your fight for freedom - or at least most people will fight against oppression. And that includes myself.

But I struggle with your posts. You write like you're on speed and way too much coffee! Can you please write sentences without all the CAPS? And do you mind writing normal sentences, instead of just some snippets and screams?

Freedom of speech is # 1

Ability to preserve it is # 2

2s6ufkm.jpg

Bah... simplified American thinking. That quote from George Washington might have been true 2 centuries ago, but it's hopelessly obsolete now.

Weapons with which you can keep your freedom and liberty in the 21st century are information, information and information.

The quote is from before even the invention of the telegraph. We have internet now. Your shotgun in your gun closet is totally irrelevant. Hell, you could have a tank, or a B2 stealth bomber, and still give up your liberty with a few mouse clicks. This is what I am so sad about. People just don't understand.

Bah... simplified American thinking. That quote from George Washington might have been true 2 centuries ago, but it's hopelessly obsolete now.

Weapons with which you can keep your freedom and liberty in the 21st century are information, information and information.

The quote is from before even the invention of the telegraph. We have internet now. Your shotgun in your gun closet is totally irrelevant. Hell, you could have a tank, or a B2 stealth bomber, and still give up your liberty with a few mouse clicks. This is what I am so sad about. People just don't understand.

Touché! No one can serve two masters or causes equally. Edited by rigney

Your shotgun in your gun closet is totally irrelevant. Hell, you could have a tank, or a B2 stealth bomber, and still give up your liberty with a few mouse clicks. This is what I am so sad about. People just don't understand.

I can imagine any group who would seriously want to compromise the liberty of Americans would just love it if citizens started protecting their rights with their closet guns. Citizens + guns + media spin = terrorists threatening national security.