Frontal Lobes being 'blown out'

ed84c

There was an instance of an individual blowing out a large part of his prefrontal cortex, but it was nothing to do with hayfever. He was a railway worker and he was using a tamping rod when the charge went off. It blew the rod up under his zygomatic arch and out through his skull (temporal region). It took much of his prefrontal cortex with it. He survived, but suffered a personality change and became 'frontal' (as nurses call it). That is to say, he suffered poor impulse control, poor social judgement etc.. If you want to look it up, his name was Phineas Gage.

I've tried sneezing with my eyes open before, and, I cannot do it.

as to blowing brain stuff out your nose, reminds me of a kid who told me his motorcycle blew up, and shot the piston right out the tailpipe.

Never mind that the piston was perhaps 3 times wider then the tailpipe, which, I would also tend to believe is the case with frontal lobes size compared to the nasal passages they'd have to go through.

I've heard of someone litertally blowing their brains into their kleenex....

Apparently she fell down the stairs, bonking her head on each one on the way down. Miraculously nothing broke.

For the next week or two her nose was constantly (literally) running. Finally she went to the doctor. They did a series of tests, and it was determined that it wasn't allergies or whatever: it was the lining of fluid around her brain leaking out.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeew