i hate xp

blike

So I go to login to my windows XP account this morning and the userdata file is corrupt.

unfortunatly, i made the mistake of putting all my sensitive and important data on my desktop which is now corrupt and unretrievable. I had a project on there I've been working on for over a year. gone. I suppose thats what I get for not backing up.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sayonara³

That'll teach you to use XP.

Win2K or Linux. Don't compromise, don't sell out.

I have Win2000 It is dreadfull. I would love to run Linows (as I have friends who do and swear by it) UNIX or Apple OS X. Unfortuantelly, most of the software I need to run is windows based, and when people I know try to run windows on Macs--they crash. If I were much brighter I would use linux or unix. But alas, I am stuck in the Bill "Gates of hell."

Bill

Guest Decatur

Windows 98se is fairly stable. I tried WinXP once and didn't like it, never had it crash on me but it seemed too have a little too much eyecandy. I've never exactly explored WinXP's functionality much but I know in Win98 you can retrieve your desktop files by going to 'C:\Windows\Profiles\Username\Desktop' but I'm guessing you can't do that in WinXP?

Originally posted by Radical Edward

I had to swap to XP because 98 just wouldn't cope with my meaty 512Mb ram... it kept running out of memory... hah!

I started off by running it so it looked like 98, but made it far more fancy when I discovered stylexp

That reminds me. I am hearing a lot about "Lindows" OS. I am running an overclocked Pent 4, 1.2 G SDRAM; 128 M videocard, 32 bit soundcard. Will I get better "stability" from Lindows than Win 2K?

Thanks

Bill