What the hell is wrong with google?!

Moontanman

Google is driving me nuts ( I know short trip for me) when I try to type in a search before i can get more than 3 or 4 letters typed in it goes with what it "thinks" I am going to type and gives me suggestions that have nothing to do with what I am typing and google more often than not takes me to some topic that has nothing to do with what I want to look up! What gives? has bing driven google over the edge?

For years now my wife has been interrupting me in the middle of my sentences to finish them for me, and every single time she anticipates incorrectly what I'm about to say, so I have to double back, explain the misconception, and attempt to finish them again, thus wasting a lot of time. But still, she keeps doing it. I can only assume she must be having an affair with the guys who run Google and has had a bad influence on them.

I thought these were symptoms of my computer showing its age , the cursor was blinking weird , pardon the pun and what I was typing into the search engine wasn't appearing in the textbox until a few seconds later .

I find no problem with Google. You can ignore its suggestions and continue typing until you have completed your intended entry. If what you want appears early so that you can click on it before completing your entry then I see that as a bonus. If you misspell something it will give you choices using the correct spelling. If your word(s) was unusual but in fact spelt correctly you can tell it to search the word(s) you entered. I must admit that in my case I do quite often spell words incorrectly and so quite like this feature. Long Live Google!

To disable Google Instant click on the cog icon in the top right corner of the Google page and scroll down to the Instant section and choose the option not to use it. If you clear your cookies later the operation will have to be repeated unless you use something like Ccleaner to clear your cookies which gives the option to ignore chosen cookies.

I find no problem with Google. You can ignore its suggestions and continue typing until you have completed your intended entry. If what you want appears early so that you can click on it before completing your entry then I see that as a bonus. If you misspell something it will give you choices using the correct spelling. If your word(s) was unusual but in fact spelt correctly you can tell it to search the word(s) you entered. I must admit that in my case I do quite often spell words incorrectly and so quite like this feature. Long Live Google!

The feature wasn't working quite that way for me, it would assume what I was looking for, go there and then refuse to let me continue to type what I really wanted to see. I like the spell check part (with out speal cheek i looks like the idzot I relly iz, lol) and even the suggestions of what I might want but going there and refusing to let me type anything else was a bit annoying, thanks Stringjunky for letting me know how to disable this wonderful feature. I have to admit I do like google and even though face book is the biggest social network to date I think google's youtube will eventually rule the world! (by the way marat, my wife does me the same way)

The feature wasn't working quite that way for me, it would assume what I was looking for, go there and then refuse to let me continue to type what I really wanted to see.

That is because you have been targeted by the Illuminati as part of a vast conspircacy to corner the market on hush puppies. You nknow to muc, its just that so far you don't know that and they are trying to prevent you finding out. Now that I've told you I shall have to kill my peahc trees, or something like that. (Did you know that the orignal hardcopy instructions for Google use was an anagram of The Ancient Mariner by Samuel Coleridge?)

The feature wasn't working quite that way for me, it would assume what I was looking for, go there and then refuse to let me continue to type what I really wanted to see. I like the spell check part (with out speal cheek i looks like the idzot I relly iz, lol) and even the suggestions of what I might want but going there and refusing to let me type anything else was a bit annoying, thanks Stringjunky for letting me know how to disable this wonderful feature. I have to admit I do like google and even though face book is the biggest social network to date I think google's youtube will eventually rule the world! (by the way marat, my wife does me the same way)

I think what you might be experiencing is an excessive lag caused by a too slow internet connection...if this happens a lot I would disable Instant.

So that you don't have to keep disabling it repeatedly after you've cleaned your computer crap and cookies download Ccleaner and after using Google a few times go into Ccleaner's Options > Cookies section and move the Google cookies into the Cookies To Keep section.