Global Warming ??

JHAQ

But BEFORE the Carbon emissions there was an expnential decrease in earth temperature. If governemnts fund reserach and tax funds government and the use of and oil based economy provides the taxes, I shouldnt pay much attenttion to 'scientific resarch'

But BEFORE the Carbon emissions there was an expnential decrease in earth temperature. If governemnts fund reserach and tax funds government and the use of and oil based economy provides the taxes, I shouldnt pay much attenttion to 'scientific resarch'

When was there a decrease in the Earths temperature? It's been increasing fairly consistently since the end of the Pleistocene.

And it seems a bit unfair to decry all scientific research.

• 2 weeks later...
actually the film only exagerated the speed of it all

Did it? We seem to have been conditioned to believe that changes in climate occur very slowly, they may have been faster.

Take the ending of the last Ice Age. I, and probably others were taught that between 12,000 and 8,000 years ago the "ice gradually receded". The impression has always been that it was a slow process.

Why is it that modern thought, with the exception of asteroid impact, always excludes catastrophic events?

• 4 years later...
Has any authority made a calculation re the levels of atmospheric CO2 which would come about if ALL carboniferous fossil fuel ( coal , oil etc ) left in the world was combusted ? Also any predicted effect on climate . All such fuel is a product of photosynthesis millenia ago & that required CO2 which means CO2 must have been much higher then & perhaps climate much hotter . I know it was but how much hotter ------

The answer is 5000 Gigatons of carbon as published here:

http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~archer/reprints/archer.2005.fate_co2.pdf