18th amendment

ydoaPs

Prohibition: good or bad?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Prohibition: good or bad?

I don't drink, but I don't think it's up to the government to set up laws which ban one poison while allowing others, especially if it sets up criminal black markets in so doing.

that's how the kennedys got rich.

Drugs in moderation are fine. The problem is when people become addicted or use the drugs heavily.

Alcohol in moderation is actually beneficial to health, not to mention relaxing.

Mary Jane may actually have benefits also.

Other drugs that have no benefit and are highly addictive - keep them illegal.

I enjoy having a couple every now and then. Dont care for beer that much, if I do drink beer, it is Michalobe Light usually, if not, I like the Mikes Hard Lemonade. I live and die buy Ohms law working as a telephone cable repairman. Its hard physical work at time, and a couple of drinks with supper, sit in my confortable chair, get on the net, and its a good evening. Used to live with my exgf, but thats over now. So now the weekends are geared towards looking for a new women.

Mary Jane may actually have benefits also.

it:

lowers eye pressure

induces hunger

opens bronchial passages

eases pain

and a few more things that i cant remember at this time.

edit: Mad Mardigan, if you are in favor of the right to drink, why did you vote that prohibition is a good thing?

Alcohol, drugs, nicotine, it's all poison to the body, and the only thing that matters is your tolerance of it. People with a low tolerance tend to stop before it becomes anywhere near lethal. Thankfully, most people have a low to moderate tolerance level for most poisons. A few drinks or the occasional joint is not going to hurt you and may help if you relax and stop stressing whilst imbibing.

If you notice that you have a particularly high tolerance level to any of it, you are in grave danger, because you will consume more than the body can handle to reach your tolerance point. And your tolerance only gets bigger over time the more you consume.

Addiction is usually a matter of very high tolerance levels. The body is funny that way, since it doesn't want you to stop consuming the poison even though it could be killing you.

it:

lowers eye pressure

induces hunger

opens bronchial passages

eases pain

and a few more things that i cant remember at this time.

edit: Mad Mardigan' date=' if you are in favor of the right to drink, why did you vote that prohibition is a good thing?[/quote']

I could make millions man.

AlcoholStill.jpg

Alcohol' date=' drugs, nicotine, it's all poison to the body, and the only thing that matters is your tolerance of it. People with a low tolerance tend to stop before it becomes anywhere near lethal. Thankfully, most people have a low to moderate tolerance level for most poisons. A few drinks or the occasional joint is not going to hurt you and may help if you relax and stop stressing whilst imbibing.

If you notice that you have a particularly high tolerance level to any of it, you are in grave danger, because you will consume more than the body can handle to reach your tolerance point. And your tolerance only gets bigger over time the more you consume.

Addiction is usually a matter of very high tolerance levels. The body is funny that way, since it doesn't want you to stop consuming the poison even though it could be killing you.[/quote']

Phi.....good insight, I agree with you about the tolerance levels, and that a high tolerance level can be lethal.

smoking is a different matter all togather. i don't think that people have the right to smoke, because they are not only poisening themselves. there are more toxins in sidestream smoke than in mainstream smoke. secondhand smoke causes just as many cases of cancer as it does in the people that actually smoke.

actually, it is true. look it up. just because some idiot syas it doesn't bother him, doesn't mean it doesn't kill people.

That 'idiot' is the scientist responsible for a vast paper based on extensive research on passive smoking.

Your views are pointless and inane in comparison. I'd go so far as to say you are actually talking ill-informed pious garbage and you really aught to be quiet.