Japanese nuclear reactor problems??

dragonstar57

So, could this possibly be the next chernobyl? The damage and effects are becoming increasingly more dangerous. But to that extent? And if so would that effect the entire japaneese islands? And one more thing, does the bomb dropped on heroshama still have radioactive effects in japan?

You would have to be living under a rock to not get that sarcasm.

sarcasm is usually can only be identified by a tone of voice we can't hear your tone so we have to assume that you are being serious because there is no indication otherwise

So, could this possibly be the next chernobyl? The damage and effects are becoming increasingly more dangerous. But to that extent? And if so would that effect the entire japaneese islands? And one more thing, does the bomb dropped on heroshama still have radioactive effects in japan?

*from what i have read about it....*

depends what u mean by "next Chernobyl" do you mean will this be as serious as Chernobyl probable not as it seems they have kept the fuel in the reactor and there is a containment building (i have heard rumors that there is a large crack in the containment but not verified yet)

but it is imposable (i think) for the exact same thing to happen in japan with these reactors

idk why they don't just do what the Russians did about the Chernobyl and build a concrete dome around it after all there is no hope of ever using the reactors again right?

Edited by dragonstar57

I agree with Michel. Let's remember that Fukushima Daiichi was Level 7 weeks ago, and they failed to tell us. Does Japan continue to withhold "uncomfortable" facts? Besides, why close *any* thread, especially one concerning an ongoing global threat?

I'm not so sure. The characterization as level 7 is based on the amount of radioactivity released, and that's an ongoing issue which has been reported continually. What, exactly, was being withheld?

If you go by the scant data released by TEPCO, then you can't really know anything about what is actually happened, or is happening there. So by the evidence there is no scientific basis for any conclusions yet.

IMHO it is already the "next Chernobyl".

Japanese dislike any comparison, because Chernobyl is associated with obsolete technology, bad conception, staff incompetence, governmental covering, disinformation, and panic imposing a sarcophage solution that looks like 5000 years old technology. IOW it was supposed that could happen only in Russia, other countries were safe.

In japan, things ought to be completely different.

But

_obsolete technology appeared, since Fukushima is 40 years old. (1981)

_bad conception appeared also. see here an article from International Business Times:

_staff incompetence has appeared here and there in the press under the form of "mistakes" see here an article from The New York Times.

_governmental covering is appearing right now IMO.

_disinformation has been argued, everywhere, and even here on this Forum.

_panic happened, the world is waiting for the sarcophage solution.

Now we know that the impact is worlwide (level 7).

The only remaining difference is the cause.

Edited by michel123456

http://therealnewsjournal.com/?p=6359

The link is about the effects of the Chernobyl melt down many years later. There is a book claiming at least a million were killed, it we look at the longer term effects.

With the high rate of radiation in US milk, I am concerned about the long term effects of radiation from Japan. I live in Oregon and I am sure we got plenty of radiation in our rain. That means my garden may not be as safe as it was a year ago? The alternative to not eating what I grew is starvation, so I will eat what I grow, but I would be happier if I had no reason to be concerned.

Well it only took 15 years to find out the truth about TMI. I would say in thirty years we might know what happened in Fukushima

Because of a coverup or because of technology issues?

With the high rate of radiation in US milk, I am concerned about the long term effects of radiation from Japan. I live in Oregon and I am sure we got plenty of radiation in our rain. That means my garden may not be as safe as it was a year ago? The alternative to not eating what I grew is starvation, so I will eat what I grow, but I would be happier if I had no reason to be concerned.

What high rate of radiation? Where are you getting that information? The reason US scientists can measure any contamination/fallout is because their equipment is really, really sensitive.

• 5 years later...

Because of a coverup or because of technology issues?

I would say both. It only took about 5 years to hear TEPCO apologize for covering up the meltdowns they knew had happened.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/asia/tepco-fukushima-meltdown/

The technical issues are so great, none of us alive may ever know the state of the ruined reactors.

Edited by FX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.