What if time went backwards?

Dean Mullen

If time went backwards then would it even exist because from the moment time first ticked it wouldn't have ticked because it wouldn't be going forward so it wouldn't even reach its first tick yet if time had always went backwards then it wouldn't even exist, I know time doesn't go backwards but just imagine in a hypothetical universe time traveled backwards if that was true then time wouldn't even exist at all.

If time went backwards then would it even exist because from the moment time first ticked it wouldn't have ticked because it wouldn't be going forward so it wouldn't even reach its first tick yet if time had always went backwards then it wouldn't even exist, I know time doesn't go backwards but just imagine in a hypothetical universe time traveled backwards if that was true then time wouldn't even exist at all.

!

Moderator Note

You have GOT to stop posting this what-if crap in physics.

i would assume that if everything in that universe moved backwards in time there would be no difference

does this person do that often?

Edited by dragonstar57

If time went backward then somewhere, i have no idea where, there is a plot of soil that 6 feet under all the elements of my body (and casket) leached out of the ground came together to form a corpse, then someone dug up the corpse took it to a morgue where they took out the embalming fluid, put back blood then took the body back to the hospital where it reanimated and left to go home to slowly get younger and healthier and smaller, eventually becoming a child and being inserted back into my momma's womb to slowly be taken back up by her body and disapear.... the whole always moving backward part would be rather freaky, going to the bathroom is kind of freaky too... my motorcycle going backward on the rear wheel at 120 mph would be a site to see, lol We would in effect be remembering our future (now our past) and not remembering the past (our now future)

If time went backward then somewhere, i have no idea where, there is a plot of soil that 6 feet under all the elements of my body (and casket) leached out of the ground came together to form a corpse, then someone dug up the corpse took it to a morgue where they took out the embalming fluid, put back blood then took the body back to the hospital where it reanimated and left to go home to slowly get younger and healthier and smaller, eventually becoming a child and being inserted back into my momma's womb to slowly be taken back up by her body and disapear.... the whole always moving backward part would be rather freaky, going to the bathroom is kind of freaky too... my motorcycle going backward on the rear wheel at 120 mph would be a site to see, lol We would in effect be remembering our future (now our past) and not remembering the past (our now future)

"WOW, DAMN", That's weird as hell. But then, I suppose the smarter you are; the nuttier you can be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWDHyAct4w

Edited by rigney

!

Moderator Note

I don't understand what is the point of a forum if people don't ask questions? where will I post this? should I post it the philosophy section instead? sorry but I thought that was the point but sorry if it's not I didn't mean to cause any distress.

I don't understand what is the point of a forum if people don't ask questions? where will I post this? should I post it the philosophy section instead? sorry but I thought that was the point but sorry if it's not I didn't mean to cause any distress.

You need to ask them in the appropriate area.

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly there.

Without point of reference we'd call the bit we remembered (when we were younger and the universe was more ordered) the past, and the other one the future. If everything was in the state it's in right now, then we'd call the end where things looked all scrunched up the beginning.

So in short, if we reversed time, NOTHING would happen.

If we flipped it right now, we wouldn't notice as long as it was flipped back eventually (well it might come out differently, assuming quantum things are truly random), but even if we didn't we wouldn't notice as noticing is contingent on time.