What would a man need to learn...

Markus F.

A young man has a dream. A dream of being able to create a biological, fully functioning humanoid body, and to then be able to transfer a consciousness from a person into that body. He is prepared to make this dream come true, no matter what the costs in time, money or effort. He is ready to dedicate his life to learning the necessary sciences, finding the needed funds and leading the project himself.

What does this man need to do? What sciences does he need to weild? How would he be able to find the funds? I´d like to hear anything and everything you can think of.

I believe that you have to figure out what consciousness is, and no science has figured that out. Building up a body from scratch (including designing the genes) seems like something that's around the corner (next couple of decades).

So, biology or microbiology would be needed to build a humanoid body. Ethics will be an integral part of your study. And I really don't know what else - but the main problem isn't solved yet.

Decades would be extremely optimistic. That is roughly the timeline for (hopefully) getting a working model of a simple cell.

Nah we'll just do what we alway's do........build it bigger remember how big a simple computer used to be? occupying an entire room and 56 mb was a gigantic amount of combuting power? we now fit gigabytes into a key chain. Your cell phone can do more than the first huge computers could.

Nah we'll just do what we alway's do........build it bigger remember how big a simple computer used to be? occupying an entire room and 56 mb was a gigantic amount of combuting power? we now fit gigabytes into a key chain. Your cell phone can do more than the first huge computers could.

Bad comparison. At least we know how a computer works. In terms of cells we do not even know what we need to make one (much less a whole organism).

You're better off attempting to become a cyborg and slowly change your biological neuroanatomy into a hardware brain. That find a way to maintain your current brain. Both might not hurt.

But if you would like to remain physical, my guess is that you would have to find a way to route the input/output from your brain to the other brain, perhaps share the other brain along with your brain and attempt to slowly use the other brain more and more until it can become independent of your current brain.

How would he find the funds? Convincing people to do it with him, I guess.

Maybe you could do experimentation with Hydra, inject a neural net processor into them, cause them to become super-intelligent, and convince them to build a time machine, come back to make you into your ideal humanoid self, and then destroy themselves.

I often consider that if the world contained more die-hard transhumanists, then there would be a lot more progress going on in terms of biomedical advancements. So, become the next great revolutionary.

Bad comparison. At least we know how a computer works. In terms of cells we do not even know what we need to make one (much less a whole organism).

I'll agree with you, CharonY. Nonetheless, there seems to be a direction people are heading toward and a rate at which they are heading toward that goal. If a mathematical description could be generated, it might give some hints as to how long it will take. Technological progress has greatly expanded in the past 60 years. But then again, with people finally shaking out of naivety and choosing to more fully examine homological similarities between organisms in the past 20 years means there is still little progress going on. At the current rate, it would appear that it would take maybe 200 years for people with cyborg brains to come about.

We got more scientists walking around. We have more experts and oldguys walking around. We have a lot more creative thinkers, and so on. We have more people than before working on stuff. So, at least it's a step forward.

I think if we were willing enlist the human race into transhumanist goals, sacrifice human persons, and so forth, that progress might be made in the next 60 years. But yeah, people aren't going to be game for that. Our world would radically change if people were to jump on all of this tomorrow. It would more than likely fix the economy, too.

Edited by Genecks