The Brain Speaks

Ringer

I doubt it would be worth the effort or money to try to pay to have this done to people to read their minds. It's still far and away from perfect and the most they've been able to do is single words. Using this as a lie detector would be possible but not very cost effective. Especially when you consider lawsuits from innocent people who may have had it done.

I doubt it would be worth the effort or money to try to pay to have this done to people to read their minds. It's still far and away from perfect and the most they've been able to do is single words. Using this as a lie detector would be possible but not very cost effective. Especially when you consider lawsuits from innocent people who may have had it done.

Yeah, it's a long way off yet but the first step in that direction. Great medical advance though and I'm sure it will help those locked-in inaccessible people previously mentioned.

twin-towers.jpgI do not think the government will worry about the money. This device would be paid for the first time it's used. They would use it to interogate us and manipulate our minds, for you to say that its not worth the time or money is misleading considering the conspiracies of the govt. Edited by DubOfDank

like almost any other type of brain research that involves brain scans, this one is flawed too! it seems the universal mistake correlation=causation is unbelievable irresistible! And such claims can be very dangerous, because some may claim that they know better what a person thinks than the person in question - all based on a totally flawed theory, just as it is with the classical polygraph... and some people seem very eager to use new pseudo-scientific tools in order to serve pseudo-justice:

Can Bad Science Be Good Evidence: Neuroscience, Lie-Detection, and Beyond

http://legalworkshop.org/2010/08/13/can-bad-science-be-good-evidence-neuroscience-lie-detection-and-beyond

Edited by ccdan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.