Firefox vs Internet Explorer

inamorata

anyway. the tabbed browsing in firefox seems to take too much of the visual space. If you used safari on the mac. you will know what i mean.

Use a different skin. No big deal.

and i have to install all those plugins again. like flash player .etc

I seem to recall Firefox running on XP supports Flash natively. Even if it doesn't, that's what? Two minutes inconvenience for months or years of superior browsing?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway. the tabbed browsing in firefox seems to take too much of the visual space. If you used safari on the mac. you will know what i mean.
Rubbish. I've got both of them sat in front of me. Disable the favourites bar in firefox and you're set. The tabs use a few pixels more, but it's really not noticeable.

any. not that i am defending IE or anything. I am sure once Firefox gets popular there will be more an more security holes found . once everyone turns their magnifying glasses on the source (its open for god's sake), and then we will have to migrate to another less known but more secure browser.

Another baffling thing is that tabbed browsing i think is off by default. which makes having it a bit pointless,

it is true, as many have said before, it is almost impossible to make a complex program such as an operating system without finding flaws in it, such as windows

and the same goes for IE,

with most computers in the world running both of the above mentioned software, it is inevitable that hackers will try to find loop holes in such software.

hurray. changed three of our computers in our house to firefox. It just hit me how good firefox is compared to IE. anyway
"The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned." Isaiah 9:2

"And they did browse in prosperity and splendor unto the end of their days." Mozilla 3:18

any. not that i am defending IE or anything. I am sure once Firefox gets popular there will be more an more security holes found .

True, but the difference here is that Mozilla will close the holes instead of randomly ignoring them or patching them after the attacks are underway.

Don't forget to get the essential extensions listed in one of these ff threads! AdBlocker is essential.

AdBlocker?

Is it a seperate ad-blocking program or the default one with ff?

In any note, the default one is sufficient for me.

One more thing: is the upgrade to Version 1.0 of ff good?

AdBlocker?

Is it a seperate ad-blocking program or the default one with ff?

In any note' date=' the default one is sufficient for me.

One more thing: is the upgrade to Version 1.0 of ff good?[/quote']The default is a pop-up blocker. AdBlocker is better. Go to Tools > Extensions > Get More Extensions and download it there.

I upgraded to 1.0 and haven't had any problems. There are a few extensions that aren't compatible (yet) like the Picture Zoom extension, but they'll get there.