PDAs and Handhelds

Fellowes

I started this thread because I have been doing some research on a lot of different PDAs and different handheld computers. I really like the Mac iPods even though it is not technically a nahdheld computer. I have found that Mac only ships to U.S. and that really pisses me off. But anyways I was wondering what type of PDA or handheld some people would reccomend with these features: Task List, Pocket Word, Internet Browser, E-mail, mp3 capability, good amount of max memory, color screen,pocket excel,calender,world clock or just normal clock and alarm,no less then 8 hours of average battery life,contact list and decent processor. Thats about it for now until I think of some more things. Price doesn't matter right now just looking for some suggestions. Anything's helpful.

Thanks, Fellowes.

I don't know much about them because tbh I don't find them that useful.
Same here. If I need a calendar I'll get it for my calculator. I can make a program that lets me make "virtual post-it notes" so I can take it home and read them. Plus it's the best calculator you can get.

on my calc, i can play Asteroids. (best game ever)

you can get calander programs and take notes.

mine is a TI83+

edit: my friend made a game for it called "rape." the object of the game is to walk around and rape people.(duh)

This should be in this thread: http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2786

But anyways... One of my friends and I made a sort of team, and we constantly make new BASIC programs as we want. Then the other person would review it and improve it, and we also give each other all of the new utilities and commands that are useful. It's fun.

I have a Tungsten T3 now. I used to have T2, but it blew up (well, corrupted and failed to run any word processor). The T3 has DocumentsToGo v6.0.2 bundled in the flash ROM so is a lot more stable overall. Bloody useful bit of kit (to me anyway). Some people have whinged about the battery life on the T3, but they are usually the people who want to listen to MP3 for hours on end, or play games. To them I would say, get an iPOD, or a gameboy.

to be honest, the thing i find, in general, so long as you're sensible is that the more you pay for these the better you get. most makes do something good; looking at the first post, he/she doesnt seem to want something specific i.e. a certain task such as image editing or a certain game! its just all general stuff, so i say, there's not much of a difference in most of them, but the more you pay the better you get. most people will say that there's are good, and they probably are!

Cap'n you said something about making BASIC programs and stuff with some friends right? Where'd you learn to program stuff like that, I think it awesome to be able to make simple programs to suit your own needs or the needs of others. Plus if you get good at it you could makes ome money some day.

• 5 weeks later...