IRC Chat

Dave

Hmm. I think part of the problem is that people go on and then just don't wait for someone else to come on if nobody's in, so people just end up leaving.

I'll make a plea to the general community now: PLEASE get on IRC and stay put while you're online; that way we're bound to get more than a few people staying around at any one time. It doesn't waste hardly any bandwidth, and it's a fun way to chat in realtime to the other guys on the forum.

Maybe if nobody's there, just get a friend or two to come on or something, because I'd like to see the IRC room grow quite a bit.

Okay, #sfn is officially up: quartz is our little bot that sits and keeps the place open. Doesn't have many features, but he does have a google search facility.

In IRC, type "quartz google your phrase here" to display the first result from the google search of "your phrase here". Alternatively, use: "quartz google 7 your phrase here" to display the 7th result, and so on...

I'm going on holiday now, and I expect to see a full IRC room when I get back :P Hope you all enjoy the bot, see you in a couple weeks.

quartz is our little bot that sits and keeps the place open

lol!

I thought quartz was QuarkQuarkQuark2001

:embarass:

lol @ ||All the cool kids idle here

YT is so cool then:

*** YT-Away has been idle 2076 minutes, signed on at Fri Aug 20 09:42:13 2004

Even more so the bot

LOL

*** quartz has been idle 3319 minutes, signed on at Wed Aug 11 20:02:16 2004

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Dave, I`ve tried a few different clients, and they all do the same, and it`s only happening to me?

all other networks seem to work just fine (Undernet, Arcnet etc...)

is it a DOS attack maybe? like some some kind of ping flood?