Freaky dreams

When I was 7 or 8 years old I had a dream: it was the assasination of John F. Kennedy. I dreamed it in black'n'white and it was detailed. After a few years I see at Discovery a broadcast with footage of this assasination. I freaked out remembering that dream. How on Earth did I had that dream then, not even knowing about JFK?

Well, I think the most obvious explanation would be that you didn’t really have the dream. Maybe you just think you had the dream.

It happens all the time. You go to a place and it looks/ feels familiar so you assume you dreamt it lat night.

No, I had this dream. I am absolutely sure of it. I don't dream often, that is why this one remains in my memory! Oh yeah, and I didn't dreamt it the nightbefore I saw that footage, it was 2 or 3 years before that.

This has happened to me before--- not with something so large. Its usually random things, so i don't remember until it is triggered by the experience i dreamed about. I admit it might be some kind of glorified deja vu---- but it IS about more than assumptions (the assuptions aren't under conscious control anyway), cause really do remember it. So i donno, could be either. depends on if you believe in seeing the future

happens to me too, but you can blame that on an incredible biological clock, rather than future seeing. Along those lines though --- for about a month i would always look at the clock at exactly 11:34 (upside down 'hell'). Didn't matter where i was, some how there was a clock around, i happened to glance at at just the right time. Don't know what started triggering it but it kept happening everyday for quite a while. Wasn't even thinking about it the rest of the day, but somehow my bioclock took control just in time.

that always happens to me. i always end up waking up exactly 15 minutes before my lecture starts in the morning. EXACTLY all the time. unless someone wakes me up first. and then i have to leg it to uni

I Can vouch for that too- usually when i get up for an F1 Grand Prix not in europe i wake up around 5 mins before my alarm goes off.

As to your dream; mabye you had the radio on at night?, many a time have i woken up on a saturday morning dreaming about jonathon ross........

or mabye you saw a picture of the film footage and your brain filled in the gaps.

When I was 7 or 8 years old I had a dream: it was the assasination of John F. Kennedy. I dreamed it in black'n'white and it was detailed. After a few years I see at Discovery a broadcast with footage of this assasination. I freaked out remembering that dream. How on Earth did I had that dream then, not even knowing about JFK?

Chances are it wasn't actually exactly like the actual events (or footage). Rather your brain told you it was during the dream, and since you don't remember the dream exactly you don't have anything else to really go on.

Or some words to that effect that sound more... psychological.

Déja Vu has a lot to do with this I think. See something on TV....vaguely remember it....it's almost as though you can see a second into the future....can't quite put your finger on how you remember it....must have been a dream, right?

Other things like that, such as always seeing the same time on a clock, are most likely our love of seeing patterns in random distributions. You look at a clock and see 12:34 - "Wow, I looked up at exactly 1,2,3,4. Amazing! 3 days later, 12:34 again - "Oh my god, am I psychic?" Memory filters out all the times you look at the clock when it's not an interesting or repeated time - it's too boring. Let's face it we look at a clock an awful lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I frequently have dreams that take place about a hundred years ago. No cars - horses and buggies - cobbledstoned streets, gas lamps, women wearing bustles. I live in a historic area - Southeast Virginia. Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Hampton, and I dream about the area as it might have been at that time. I am not "me" in my dreams. I do not know the person I am, nor do I know any of the characters. Sometimes I dream in the third person - I am an observer, like watching a play.

I guess some people would have a heyday with shades of Bridey Murphy and Edgar Cayce, more likely, it was all those romance novels I read, and all that Virginia History that was crammed down my throat during my early years - doncha think?

Something like that has happened to me before. I dreamed about a time when I was little, and my uncle was there. The thing is, before that dream I could remember nothing about my uncle. But after the dream I can recall that scene so clearly that I think it must've been a memory. But, why couldn't I remember it before the dream?

Ok people why are we trying to say that him dreaming up the future isnt possible, why cause we cant prove it yet, theres alot of things we cant prove yet but it doesnt make them impossible either. What he had is called a prophetic dream just like some people dreamnt the 911 plane crash before it happened, but they didnt say anything cause was just a dream. I myself have had expiriences similar to that. I dreamnt I talked to a dead relative that I had never heard off and didnt know existed until I confronted her brother(my grandfather). I didnt even know he had a sister.

What he had is called a prophetic dream just like some people dreamnt the 911 plane crash before it happened, but they didnt say anything cause was just a dream.

How may billion people are there in the world? Minus from the people who will be lying, and the people who are very susceptible to suggestive ideas then you have maybe a handful from billions that had a dream involving planes and buildings. Shpookey.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HaReLdNkUmAr

I read a story about a man who could predict crimes some very serious like terrorist attacks and others less, who is assisting the police to this day and visions these graphic crimes in his dreams which later occur in the future.