Can we harness energy from gravity?

Really? Patented? Infringement? You're sueing me!?! lol

The specifics on it though, I don't quite understand. Like, how long would the string have to be? And how heavy is the weight? And how long is the pole which attatches to the string? etc., etc...

Well, can we?

I believe that it is possible with the right technology.

And some claim to already have done something close to it.

Unlimited clean energy from the vacuum

No dependence on foreign oil from politically unstable areas

No pollution

No degradation of the biosphere

No dependence on strategically vulnerable centralized power and distribution systems

No radioactive waste disposal problems

The Motionless Electromagnetic Generator (MEG)

Has produced up to 100 times more power than was input, by extracting free energy from the vacuum. The MEG has been independently constructed, and its overunity performance independently replicated, by other researchers. US Patent awarded March 26, 2002. Invented by Tom Bearden and four colleagues.

More here: http://www.cheniere.org/

I believe that it is possible with the right technology.

The Motionless Electromagnetic Generator (MEG)

Has produced up to 100 times more power than was input' date=' by extracting free energy from the vacuum. The MEG has been independently constructed, and its overunity performance independently replicated, by other researchers. US Patent awarded March 26, 2002. Invented by Tom Bearden and four colleagues.

More here: http://www.cheniere.org/[/quote']

Point me to the results where they plugged the unit into itself, and ran a load from it, for an extended period of time. Then I'll be interested.

Until they do that, it's just quantum snake oil.

Point me to the results where they plugged the unit into itself' date=' and ran a load from it, for an extended period of time. Then I'll be interested.

Until they do that, it's just quantum snake oil.[/quote']

Next time do yourself a favour and make sure that you actually read ALL of a post, such as the line directly below the one that starts your quote, before demanding that a person defends something that you have taken out of context to make into a straw man, unless your intention was to create a straw man, in which case, I apologize. Resume.

And some claim to already have done something close to it.

Don't try to turn what I may believe is possible about the subject into an assertation that I endorse their claims as being proven.

And on a lighter note, does that quantum snake oil come in tropical flavours?

Next time do yourself a favour and make sure that you actually read ALL of a post' date=' such as the line directly below the one that starts your quote, before demanding that a person defends something that you have taken out of context to make into a straw man, unless your intention was to create a straw man, in which case, I apologize. Resume.

[b']And some claim to already have done something close to it.[/b]

Don't try to turn what I may believe is possible about the subject into an assertation that I endorse their claims as being proven.

And on a lighter note, does that quantum snake oil come in tropical flavours?

I wasn't asking you defend it, I was asking for a direct link to results of a test I had described, without having to wade through the marketing and publicity garbage.

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Quantum snake oil will do whatever you want it to. Tropical flavors? Not a problem. :)

I wasn't asking you defend it' date=' I was asking for a direct link to results of a test I had described, without having to wade through the marketing and publicity garbage.

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Quantum snake oil will do whatever you want it to. Tropical flavors? Not a problem. :)[/quote']

I'm just a little touchy today is all.

No TV and No Beer Make PerpetualYnquisitive go something, something.

Quote from Tom Bearden:

"There are many ways to extract energy from the seething vacuum. Unfortunately, at present our scientific community takes a bizarre stance. In particle physics it is well known that the active vacuum is incredibly energetic. Calculations by leading physicists such as Wheeler show that a cubic centimeter of vacuum (about the tip of one's little finger in volume) has so much raw energy in it that, if condensed into matter, there would be more matter than is observable in the universe through the largest telescope! So even a tiny efficiency of tapping could and will extract all the energy anyone could wish."

Seething vacuum? Condensing energy? Hmmm...

While the idea is interesting the site seems to be one of the perpetual motion/predict the future/discover the power of backwards speak ilk.

If Tom had approached this in a more scientific manner then I might be prepared to read more on the subject. Add to that the fact that most of the links on the home page go on about how wonderful this source of energy is as an alternative to buying oil and disposing of radioactive waste and I'm afraid this does smack of snake oil.

I would also like to get a direct link to a more trustworthy source and see those words by Wheeler for myself...

Note that he's not quoting Wheeler, just a calculation Wheeler did. If you solve the "particle-in-a-box" for the Universe, you get an infinite number of EM radiation modes, each frequency w with an energy of (n+ 1/2)hbar*w, where n is the occupation number. Since there are an infinite number of modes, even if n is zero, the equation show infinite energy. But that just an artifact of the model - that energy isn't available to us.

Cell

Typically the generation of a hydrogen plasma with the emission of extreme ultraviolet light from hydrogen gas is achieved via a discharge at high voltage, a high power inductively coupled plasma, or a plasma created and heated to extreme temperatures by RF coupling (e.g. 106 K) with confinement provided by a toroidal magnetic field. We report the generation of an intense hydrogen plasma and the observation of intense EUV emission at low temperatures (e.g. 103 K) from atomic hydrogen and certain atomized pure elements or certain gaseous ions which ionize at integer multiples of the potential energy of atomic hydrogen. NO PLASMA OR EUV EMISSION IS OBSERVED WITHOUT THE CATALYST. The power density was extremely high such that it melted the stainless steel leads to a filament which dissociated molecular hydrogen to atomic hydrogen, heated the cell to 700 °C, and heated the catalysts to provide a gaseous vapor pressure of about 100 mtorr.

http://www.blacklightpower.com/images/display/cell4.jpg

More info: http://www.blacklightpower.com/cell.shtml

• 2 weeks later...

Not posting this to make a claim. :D But to address the issue of patents. Patents do not mean something works.

Here is a link to my first patent.

http://my.voyager.net/~jrrandall/McCoinPatent.html

I have changed the valve to use electrorehological and/or ferro-fluids and to be thicker than the width of the spheres such that the sphere never feels the differential pressure across the valve and moves through by gravity and controlled timing in causing the valve to form a pressure barrier at the top and/or bottom of the valve. The bottom has an elastomeric membrane with a stretchable hole which in theory would hold back the fluid (like a wiper) as the sphere drops through the bottom by gravity while the top is forming the barrier and allowing the lower pressure to be applied through the fluid to the entire surface of the sphere.

It is not considered practical by any means (even if it worked) because the amount of energy per mass of the system just isn't a viable source. However, it does present some rather interesting academic questions.

I know from contact over the years that infact my patent has been used in some colleges in physics quizes.

1 - Does it work? If so explain how.

2 - Does it not work? If not why not?.

I have been interested in gravity for over 50 years and have done some actual testing which shows that gravity is not what they currently think it is.

It is a product of energy transfer. See:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4934

Have fun.

Dan K. McCoin