First cloned baby born

Matzi

I suppose you all have heard that some sect in the US announced that the first cloned human has been born.

1. Do think that the baby was really born?

2. What do you think about the first cloned human? Do you see any ethical problems?

It is possible with existing technology but is not anywhere near perfected. The ethics of intentionally creating a shorter living and handicapped baby into the world just because we can is frowned against by me at least. If it happens naturally, so be it, but intentionally is cruel.

No clone so far has been as good as the original and it starts to really show as time passes.

Just aman

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by aman

No clone so far has been as good as the original and it starts to really show as time passes.

That remains to be seen; there could be some secret class of superpeople being used as an army or somewhere along those lines being developed by a government somewhere...:rolleyes:

Guest lilbabynushi

Hey, i heard that the mother of the cloned baby was in Amsterdam.But i really don't think the baby has been born.The genetic research firms have been spreading false tales in order to get media's attention.There's a precadement going on between Catholics and these scientists about whether or not cloning is against human morals and ethics.

Blatant hoax.

I vote for a constitutional amendant to establish the separation between between state and science, even though it should be already covered with church and state, since the state is the church when it comes to science.

Can we please have a "1 strike and you're out" rule for the use of the phrase "..I heard that..." anywhere on the boards?

People who can't use Google to demonstrate a point are clearly subhuman and have no rights.

(j/k lilbabynushi - welcome to the boards :P)

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Matzi

I suppose you all have heard that some sect in the US announced that the first cloned human has been born.

1. Do think that the baby was really born?

2. What do you think about the first cloned human? Do you see any ethical problems?

Actually in was a sect in in Canada, to be specific in Quebec. There called the Realiens leaded by ofcource Real. And no the baby was not born, it is just a scam for attention. Unless the one that was "cloned" just gave birth to twins. (It's the same thing)

• 1 year later...

This sect has a book too. "....after reading this book......you will see how paradise can be acheived through human cloning......."

I don't believe it. They didn't back their claims up by any evidence, and if you really wanted to "protect the mother" you wouldn't announce the fact that you'd cloned a human!

It is a matter of opinion, weather cloning is a good or bad idea. We have cloned other animals, sometimes with devistating efftects on them. It woud make no difference if you cloned a human and killed it. YOU MAY TRY to argue that this is all wrong, but killing a human occurs much every day. It maked no difference other than an advance in science to kill a human while cloning it. The world will still spin. Even if we fail, we shall know what not to do. Emotion cannot stop us!

We should invent some sort of biological stemcell machine using almost human DNA.

That is one thing I don't understand: people not backing stem cell research. It is the single most viable source for most cures to ailments that impact us greatly right now. Cancer, alsheimers, and indeed baldness, will be cured 10-15 years from now through the use of stem cells. I back stem cell research 100%, and if cloning technology contributes to that in the near future, so much the better.