My Latest Security Invention :)

YT2095

Thanks YT2095,just goes to show how good you Midland softies get it:-)

Up here cos we're hard as nails, when collecting your keys,your issued with a machete and free skip once a year up to 400m from your plot.

Hell some of the old geezers actually live on theirs,like grizzly adams lol.

Anyway thanks for clarification.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some "Not so OLD geezers" do also, Me for instance :)

I`ve spent many a night there either asleep in my shed or a tent (esp in summer).

a few good mates a "camp fire" and BBQ a crate of beer and you`re all set :)

sometimes I take the telescope there and spend the night, the shed`s NOT as harsh or rough as it sounds though, there`s Radio, TV, Laptop, calor gas heater, stove, pots `n` pans, even a spice rack!

coupled with the peace and quiet, what more could a "Geezer" ask for? :)))

i think i would recieve a few expletives for my troubles.Ok thanks:-)

not before "SHED" popped up on my mobile fone you wouldn`t :)))

seriously, anyone out there with something of value to protect and with an old mobile fone can easily do this!

I recon it would be ideal for a House or a Car (as a most likely use than a shed).

and it saves having to pay for an alarm with dialer and monitoring staff on a yearly basis.

you`de have to be crazy NOT to.

it`s a 10x7 18 inch thick concrete apron, Naah :)

although it does a 120db Klaxon, and claymore Chemical irritant/Dye charges (non lethal).

I`ve modified the Microphone on the hands free kit for it to pick up voices prior to the Klaxon and charge detonation also, so any chat before entry gets logged.

I think I`m faily well covered :)

• 1 month later...
Guest xirxious

A friend was asking me about something similiar that he could wire into his car. He already has a laptop mounted in there to play MP3's. If you ask me he spent too much on his stereo, but wants to wire a minicam (probably to the domelight switches in the door) up to record the image of whoever is swiping his stuff. Last time they took his stuff, the insurance company were jerks about giving him his money back. They only pay for stuff bolted down and they didn't believe his box and amps were. Anyhow...I didn't know how to make something to flip on the laptop. A bigger problm is if they actually take it! Its hidden well with only a small seam to put in CD's. The screen is hooked up to a monitor in the back of the seat...I have no idea why that's there either.

• 1 month later...

if you can insulate the shed handles you could also hook up some hot wire.

my dad has one for horses that runs on 4 d-cell batteries and it shocks the hell outa you.

just wire it in the same circut as the send button and put a nice sponge or some other type of moisture holding matwhere the victim will be standing

then you get to listen too them scream when they touch it :)

of course its non leathel though

if your really hardcore buy a tazer and do the same thing ehehehe.

a Tazer`s really quite docile, use a flyback transformer from a simple B/W portable 12V TV. simple as that.

well it WOULD BE if it wasn`t ilegal!

anyway, this is somewhat off topic again, back to the OP, a silent alarm that phones you up is what it`s about :)

• 1 month later...

it really was only a matter of time :(

I had a phone call last night just after 9pm, from my "Shed".

I`de been broken into and had things stollen, I dialed 999 imediately then packed the baby in the car and drove down to it, the police were already there. I arrived to open the gates and was told "We`ve caught one of them" !!!

thanx to my Invention, they got there in time to catch them at it, 2 got away but one was caught, he spent the night in a cell AND he`s 17+ years of age so prosecution and court is a certainty :)

some of my things were recovered also.

the rest is a matter of time and patience now.

I`de advise Anyone that can, to make one of these babies! and take seriously this idea, it`s Proven Technology now! :)

keep the thread on Track will ya!

this Anus that was caught will be named when it goes to court as will his address, from there I need only tell the Italians (they`ve had their stuff broken into and stolen in the past by kids too young to be named, we caught an Adult this time!) they want Revenge, and so, no stupid bear traps or garbage will be needed, just the legal proccess, and a little Time :)

this device also prevented another 70+ sheds being broken into also, as they were busted before they could move on to another like they did all the other times, so it`s saved a good many others from being unhappy as I am. it`s a bitter sweet thing really, but it WORKED!

and for that I`m gratefull :)

I arrived to open the gates and was told "We`ve caught one of them" !!!

thanx to my Invention' date=' they got there in time to catch them at it, 2 got away but one was caught, he spent the night in a cell AND he`s 17+ years of age so prosecution and court is a certainty :)

some of my things were recovered also.

the rest is a matter of time and patience now.[/quote']Chalk one up for The Resourceful One! Way to go, YT!

u could always put a big foot trap for like a bear or somthin in front of the door :D .......after they step in that they wont come back i garruntee it
You'd go to prison for a longer stay than they would. A trap like that is illegal. Read the whole thread and try to keep up, please.

I like the idea of hooking up a hidden camera on the same circuit. If you wanted to get really, really stealthy with it, you could either use a night-vision camera or one with an uber-high film number - 1600 plus could do the trick - and they'd never know that any picture was taken.

Sorry 'bout having your shed broken into, but congrats about catching the guy! As they say, there's no honor among theives - perhaps he'll turn in his 2 buddies for a reduced sentence.

there was a siren AND a dummy camera (that oscilates side to side and with a red flashing LED on it) they smashed the siren and stole the camera (the cam cost 99 pence from a warehouse the 2x AA batteries were worth more!).

I hope he rolls over like an old dog on his mates, but they won`t around here, he`de be just as "dead" doing it that way as he will be when the Italians find out.

eitherway he`s screwed BIG TIME now!

it`ll be a couple of month at least before it goes to court, but I`m a patient man, he`ll keep, so will his buddies :)

the SOC team will be there as soon as available to take prints and stuff, the reason it`s taken so seriously is that there is a Gun Involved (Mine) it`s been stolen too from there. so they REALLY want these fools! :)

and Thnx Phi :)

a vote of confidence and Support is kinda nice right about now, I`m happy it`s worked, but am still a little upset that it happened (if that makes sense). can`t wait to see the Ba$t nailed to a wall!

Yt, heres an idea - you said they used bolt cutters. What about a lock that has no bolts? You said your shed is steel reinforced; I'm assuming you did this yourself. There's any number of ways you could rig up a boltless lock - you could place a magnetic bolt within the door that could only be moved with a magnetic key, or you could get a keypad (you could even take the one off the cellphone) and have the bolt electrically / magnetically open with some circuitry. Add a dummy lock, and put a sensor in it - a simple wire would work - so that as soon as it's cut, your phone dials.

Then you get the best of both worlds - no break in, and caught vandals.

it`s worth a doing, I`m already ahead of you on the magnetic solenoid bolt, internal design :)

I have the plans here with me now, and they TRIED to break the Key loch to the alarm AND thought that samshing the LED that shows alarm ON would work, FFS! it only a light and will NOT dissable it, nor if they manage to smash the lock to the alarm (they couldn`t as it was 2" deep in 2 layers of 7ply wood sheeting).

that`s why it worked, there`s not TOO many plases to hide stuff on a 8x6 rectangular shed, so most of the critical stuff was between sheets of Ply wood specialy hollowed out.

THATS why it worked as long as it did :)

I`ll still employ the key to the alarm again, as it`s only the facia pannel that was broken and the LED indicator (that`s easily sorted, a perspex Rod to fit the hole and a DEEP SUNK high bright LED inside next time).

this time I`ll find a particularly notable Knot in the wood, and mount a reed switch behind it, activated by a magnet on my keyring, an Invisible Lock :)

I have CS gas canistors and electric actuators, I`ll use them this time, jail or not!

Nice. You didn't, by chance, do the thing with the dummy lock? Alternatively, you could get it to call / take a picture when they touch the handle. There's any number of possibilities.

Out of curiosity, are you building the solenoid bolt yourself or did you buy it?