Where does anti matter go?

Chuck Norris

That's one of the big unanswered questions of cosmology and particle physics. Antimatter can change into matter in some rare circumstances, called CP (charge+parity) violation, but the observed events (in Kaons and B mesons) do not happen often enough to account for the disparity.

• 1 month later...
You might find this useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baryon_asymmetry

I am actually writing a paper currently on this very topic.

REPLY: I read the article you linked to. One question that emerged in my mind was: If equal portions of matter and anti matter were created relatively shortly after the big bang would there not have been a REALLY BIG BANG when the two combined ? It seems if it were true that for every atom of matter an atom of antimater was created and there would be no reasn for them to have been at all dispersed from each other ,then they would have all met up and created the REALLY BIG BANG. I think the article may have said as much. Well then maybe what the Universe is now is the remnants of the REALLY BIG BANG.But how could that be because the only product of this reaction is supposed to be energy,electromagnetic energy,photons, however one wishes to word it. I think this also was alluded to in the article. So are there any explanations that can reconcile these seemingly reasonable assumptions ? ...Dr.Syntax

Edited by dr.syntax