What electricity is really made of

antiaging

What Electricity Is Really Made Of

Theories of Ed Leedskalnin, inventor of coral castle in Florida.

Backed up by experiments. You can buy his books and research his experiments

yourself. They are real elementary physics experiments.

I'll summarize what he found out by experimenting with magnets. Just like

physics considers an electron or proton to be the smallest unit of electric

charge, there is a smallest unit of magnetism which he calls north and south

pole individual magnets. They are free to flow in metals, in the air and in

other things. The iron shavings around a bar magnet trace their path. From

the North end of a magnet, there are many north pole magnets flowing out and

going around the outside of the magnet and coming into the south pole of the

magnet and then running in the metal and returning to the North pole. From

the South pole of the magnet, there are many south pole magnets flowing out

and going around the outside of the magnet and going into the North pole and

flowing through the metal and returing to the South pole. Some flow straight

out from the poles and don't return, but are replaced by others from the

air.

This is an experiment that proves magnetic monopoles exist.

Mineral, Vegetable and Animal Life, Copyright October 1945 By Edward

Leedskalnin Quote:

"The North pole magnets come out of the battery's positive terminal and

South pole magnets come out of car battery's negative terminal. To be sure

it is so, you get two pieces of soft steel welding rod four inches long, put

them in clips and connect them with the car battery. Put those two loose rod

ends together until the rod gets hot. Now test each of those rod ends you

were putting together with a small needle-like horizontally hanging magnet.

Then you will see the one which is connected with positive terminal is North

pole magnet, and the one which is connected with negative terminal is South

pole magnet (Like poles repulses, and unlike poles attract). You can change

the rod peices, but every time the one is connected with positive terminal

will be North pole magnet, and the one connected with negative terminal will

be South pole magnet".

Modern physics about magnetism and electricity would say that those welding

rods, after being disconnected, should not turn a compass needle.

Leedskalnin shows that they do and each of them is a monopole.

That experiment shows that modern physics is wrong to think that there is no

such thing as a magnetic monopole.

That false assumption by science is what led to the invention of the

electron. If there are no magnetic monopoles, then what is coming off the

cathode in a cathode ray cannot be magnetic. So, J J thompson invented the

electron to explain it. He should not have. Leedskalnin proves that

monopoles exist with that experiment and what is coming off the cathode can

be magnetic.

Leedskanlnin's experiments showed that it is all magnetic, even what is

flowing through the wire. He said, It is all magnetic, so where do these

mysterious electron's come from?

Electrons do exist, but they are really south magnetic pole units. [smallest

unit of south magnetic magnetism.]

Leedskalnin would call an electron a south pole magnet.

Experimenting with small magnets hung over a wire carring a current he

concludes this: Electricity is really north pole magnets flowing out from

the + terminal of a battery and flowing through the wire with a right hand

twist and there is an opposite flow of south pole magnets coming out of

the - terminal of a battery and flowing in the wire with a right hand twist.

Modern electronics developed with the theoretical notion of a positive

current flowing through a wire, but this is only a way of thinking about

electricity to describe and quantify its effects. There is no real positive

current flowing through the wire, because protons will not flow through a

wire like electricity. Free electrons in the wire only have a slow drift

speed, so negative charge cannot flow through a wire like electricity

either. This idea of opposing north and south pole magnetic units flowing

through a wire might be what is really happening in an electric current.

Summary: Electromagnetic theory needs to be reduced to just magnetism. It

will always have contradictions until it is.

Electron is really a south magnetic pole unit.

Electron is really a south magnetic pole unit.

Maxwell's Equations say this is an impossibility. And they've been verified millions of times over, so what extraordinary proof is there that Maxwell's Equations are incorrect? This proof should be good enough that it should be able to be publishable in any physics journal -- at the very least it should be on something like arvix.

And, just to nip it off at the forefront, I'm not going to pay to buy someone's book. If the proof is so good, it should be available for free. If the proof is convincing, it is the kind of thing that should win someone a Nobel prize, and will have to be made public anyway.

They are free to flow in metals, in the air and in other things.

This is false. They do not freely move through air.

Modern physics about magnetism and electricity would say that those welding

rods, after being disconnected, should not turn a compass needle.

Leedskalnin shows that they do and each of them is a monopole.

That experiment shows that modern physics is wrong to think that there is no

such thing as a magnetic monopole.

Completely wrong. The key is here is getting the rods hot enough so that the atoms can align to form a magnetic. Simpler and safer to bang rods with a hammer to get the atoms to align. And the magnets so formed are not monopoles as claimed here.

inventor of coral castle in Florida.

This has to be the dopiest part of this silly post. The correct word is builder. Coral as a building material is common in many parts of the world including East Africa and the tabby buildings of the US Southeast.

Leedskalnin would call an electron a south pole magnet.

And Leedskalnin would be wrong. Electrons have a dipole moment, and moving charges create fields. This is all well-established physics. Pick up a textbook and read it.

Completely wrong. The key is here is getting the rods hot enough so that the atoms can align to form a magnetic. Simpler and safer to bang rods with a hammer to get the atoms to align. And the magnets so formed are not monopoles as claimed here.

This has to be the dopiest part of this silly post. The correct word is builder. Coral as a building material is common in many parts of the world including East Africa and the tabby buildings of the US Southeast.

The correct Word is inventor. Coral Castle was built of stones weighing as much as 28 tons. Leedskalnin's equipment could only lift, [not move horizontally] about 10 tons maximum. Scientists don't know how he built it. He did everything in secret, and mostly at night. People spying on him with binoculars at a distance, signed sworn affidavits, that they saw stones weighing tons, floating like helium balloons, in the air. That is why Leedskalnin and coral castle was featured on the old TV series, "In Search Of" with Leornard Nimoy, as being a scientific mystery.

I read his books and experimented with what I thought was his method of lifting the stones, with electricity. It is based on his understanding of charge and electricity; not what I was taught in physics. [i have a B. S. Physics degree.] This is what happened:

He also detected South pole magnetic units flowing upward and North pole

magnetic units flowing downward in the northern hemisphere, by hanging a

long magnet in the middle and the south pole end would always hang upward. To

make it level, the south pole end needed to be longer. -- magnetic

declination of compass needles.

My best guess is: He put a strong negative electric charge on them, (at

night to avoid the photo electric effect) and the Earth's magnetic field

pushed up on them and they floated.

According to him, a strong negative charge is really filling it with south

magnetic pole units and the whole stone becomes a south magnetic monopole.

I experimented and made a cement brick weighing 15 pounds, to weigh 13

pounds. Did it twice and never tried it again.

Here:

Cement brick weighing 15 pounds on bathroom scale. Check bathroom scale to

see that it will weigh the same if taken off and put back on the scale.

Car battery charger rated at 20 amps.

Experiment must be done on a dark night, to avoid the photoelectric effect

of light knocking the electrons (south pole magnets as E. L calls them) off

of the cement. I did it on a cold night. The colder temperature might help

keep resistance lower. I used a flashlight; don't point it at the brick. Use

it to see the scale reading. [Leedskalnin did his work at night.]

Experiment done on cement pavement in my back yard.

+ terminal connected to a large metal T shaped pole stuck in the concrete

pavement. (I reasoned that I should channel away plus charge to allow a good

amount of negative charge to get on the brick; so I connected to the pole.

Cement brick is sitting on the scale. Soak the cement brick and cement

pavement (between brick and pole and under scale) with water to help

conductivity of the current.

The negative terminal is connected to the brick on the scale. Battery

charger has clamps. Run the charger for 6 or 7 minutes or longer or shorter

vary it to get results. Run the charger at the highest power it will go if

you have power settings.

This is the important part. How you break the connection. The current is

going from the plus terminal down the pole through cement pavement up

through scale and through brick to the negative clamp that is on the brick.

Break the connection by taking the cement brick off the scale. Turn off

current and take off clamp from brick. Put brick back on scale. Check the

weight and see if it decreased any.

I did this about 9 years ago, and am telling you this from memory.

It must be done at night, to avoid the photo-electric effect knocking off the electrons, (south pole magnets). I did that on a cold dark night. Coldness decreases, resistance.

Note: Leedskalnin got beat up by tough guys. So he moved the whole castle to another area. [about 2 million pounds of heavy coral stones weighing tons.] A guy with a flat bed truck was told to wait around the corner. In a few minutes he heard a loud noise. He ran around the corner. He saw a stone weighing tons in the back of his truck. No lifting equipment was near the truck. This was repeated again and again till the whole 2 million pounds of coral was moved.

I looked at his well documented experiments with compasses, wire and electricity and it looked like basic physics to me. I did the above experiment thinking of electricity and magnetism the way that he thought about it.

Edited by antiaging

You may be correct about that. Looking more closely at the way that he wrote that experiment, he says test the rod ends. I was assuming he was talking about the whole rods. They might not be monopoles. Nevertheless, he has demonstrated that electricity is a flow of magnetic particles.

Look up electricity on the internet, in science books, etc. They still don't know what electricity really is. They tell you about its effects, how it is produced, and then off beat theories which can't be proven about virtual photons and the like. It is not electrons flowing, nor is it protons flowing. They don't know what is flowing.

I may be wrong about the monopoles, but Leedskalnin's experiment does show it to be a flow of magnetic particles. Your idea about the magnets in the rods alligning would only work in the presence of a magnetic field that is parallel to the rods when they get hot or the earth's magnetic field being parallel to the rods when they get hot. Leedskalnin does not say allign the rods with the earth's magnetic field. Evidently it will work no matter what the orientation of the rods. That shows that the cause of the magnetism in the rods is coming from the electric current and not from the allignment of small magnets in the metal with an external magnetic field, like physics books would say. Physics books would say only a coiled current would produce the magnetism. Leedskalnin does not use a coil. Physics would still say that those rods should not turn a compas needle, if the orientation of the rods was not alligned with the earth's magnetic field. Leedskalnin is showing they will turn a compas needle no matter if the rods are oriented parallel to the earth's magnetic field or not.

What you said about banging it with a hammer also requires the rods to be alligned parallel with the Earth's magnetic field.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
I this is all as easy as you say -- objective unbiased proof should be very, very easy to provide.

So provide it already.

I remember 9 years ago when I read Leedskalnin's ideas and experiments that he said it is all magnetic. He also explained electrostatic force as being magnetic. I remember charging up a plastic comb with electrostatic charge by rubbing it on a blanket or something. Then I moved it close to small pieces of paper. They would be attracted to the comb and stick to it as expected. But when one piece of paper would stick to the comb, and then another piece of paper would stick to that piece of paper---so there was two pieces of paper hanging like a chain, from the comb. If I would bring a small magnet close to the second peice of paper that was hanging, it would be pulled toward the magnet. That is a little experiment you can try to see if electrostatic force is really magnetic. Physics would say the magnet should not pull on those pieces of paper at all. Physics has separated electrostatic force from magnetic force, but Leedskalnin says they are both the same magnetic force.

Edited by antiaging

Physics has separated electrostatic force from magnetic force

I have a hard time reconciling this statement with the claim that you have a degree in physics. Surely someone who has a degree in physics has learned that electrostatics and magnetics are related in Maxwell's equations and through relativity.

I have a hard time reconciling this statement with the claim that you have a degree in physics. Surely someone who has a degree in physics has learned that electrostatics and magnetics are related in Maxwell's equations and through relativity.

Related by motion maybe. Move the charge and you get a magnetic field circuling it. Paper hanging from a comb with electrostatic charge is stationary. Where is the magnetic force, if the charge is stationary? Do you really expect paper to be pulled toward a magnet. I saw it happen with my own eyes. I brought the magnet near slowly. Paper is an insulator, no current should have been induced in it. So why did it move toward the magnet?

I posted this explanation of electricity on a pay for forum years ago. One guy said, If it were all reduced to magnetism then maxwell's equations would have more symmetry. He said he always suspected something to be wrong with electromagnetic theory. I looked on the internet for contradictions in electromagnetic theory. I found a whole page full of mathematical contradictions in electromagnetic theory. Get on google and enter contradictions in electromagnetic theory or words similar to that. It is not hard to find. Mutually exclusive explanations for light. Photon particles versus transverse waves. ---that is a glaring example of contradiction.

Like I said in the OP; electromagnetic theory is going to have contradictions in it until it is reduced to just magnetism.

Leedskalnin was not in the scientific click of his day. He had only a small education. He was self educated. His ideas were not accepted against a man like J J Thompson. Leedsakalnin seems to have gotten intellectual revenge for being rejected, however. He put about 2 million pounds of heavy coral stone in Florida, for all to see, and the scientific community cannot explain how it got there. His equipment could not lift and move nearly that much. I had to search his experiments and ideas to find a clue as to what he did. He would not tell anyone how he did it.

Related by motion maybe. Move the charge and you get a magnetic field circuling it. Paper hanging from a comb with electrostatic charge is stationary. Where is the magnetic force, if the charge is stationary? Do you really expect paper to be pulled toward a magnet. I saw it happen with my own eyes. I brought the magnet near slowly. Paper is an insulator, no current should have been induced in it. So why did it move toward the magnet?

I don't know. I wasn't there, doing the experiment, so I have no idea what rigorous tests were done and if it was repeatable. For all I know it was air currents.

I posted this explanation of electricity on a pay for forum years ago. One guy said, If it were all reduced to magnetism then maxwell's equations would have more symmetry. He said he always suspected something to be wrong with electromagnetic theory. I looked on the internet for contradictions in electromagnetic theory. I found a whole page full of mathematical contradictions in electromagnetic theory. Get on google and enter contradictions in electromagnetic theory or words similar to that. It is not hard to find. Mutually exclusive explanations for light. Photon particles versus transverse waves. ---that is a glaring example of contradiction.

Like I said in the OP; electromagnetic theory is going to have contradictions in it until it is reduced to just magnetism.

Photons are an example of classical vs. quantum. Not a contradiction, per se, but a restriction the applicability of classical theory. Of course, anyone with a BS in physics already knows this.

The internet falls under Sturgeon's Law: 90% of anything is crud. Don't believe it just because someone posted it on a website.

Paper hanging from a comb with electrostatic charge is stationary. Where is the magnetic force, if the charge is stationary? Do you really expect paper to be pulled toward a magnet. I saw it happen with my own eyes. I brought the magnet near slowly. Paper is an insulator, no current should have been induced in it. So why did it move toward the magnet?

And if the electrons are magnetic monopoles, then the other end of the magnet should have repelled them. Did that happen?

And if the electrons are magnetic monopoles, then the other end of the magnet should have repelled them. Did that happen?

Right. And there are several more things one might investigate if one wanted to have this be a rigorous test. As it is, it's just an anecdote.

I don't understand this experiment. :confused:

People spying on Leedskalnin with binoculars signed sworn affidavits that they saw coral stones weighing tons floating in the air. Leedskalnin seemed to have electricity to make that happen. I was trying to reproduce what he did, using the welding rod experiment as a model for that. The only thing is his books that gave an upward push was the magnetic declination of compas needles. A compas needle [or long magnet hung by a string] would have the south pole end pushed upward by the earth's magnetic field in the northern hemiphere. Get a needle compass and see that the south pole end is upward a little bit.

According to Leedskalnin, putting a negative charge on something is really the same as filling it up with south magnetic pole units. So putting a negative charge on something should turn it into a south magnetic monopole. My experiment was trying to put a negative charge on the cement brick and see if the Earth's magnetic field would push up on it, and make it lighter. [it had to be done in the dark because light photons will knock electrons [whic Leedskalnin calls south pole magnets] off of the brick and so light would interfere with the experiment. I tried to disconnect it the using the way that he disconnected the welding rods as a model.

Leedskalnin worked with coral stones. I once had a coral stone and it was filled with many little cavities. This should incresed the surface area of the stone greatly, so coral stones could probably hold much more electric charge than a cement birck.

Leedskalnin claimed he knew how the Egyptians built the pyramids. It is interesting that many small ceramic jars were found near pyramids, in Egypt, which had two compartments. They were set up in such a way that if a mild acid like vinegar were put in them, they would be an electric battery producing electricity. Many of these connected together could produce some sizeable electric current. So did the Egyptians use Leedskalnin's method to build the pyramids. I don't know.

There is an egyptian writing saying the great pyramid was built in 20 years by a certain pharoah, but this must be a lie. It would take one stone set every two minutes to do that in 20 years.

Then there is this statement from antiquity that I read in a book.

"true it was, that the priests of On levitated the great stones, and they flew through the air about the distance of a bow shot"

Now, I don't know how true that was, but it is interesting to me that there is such a statement in view of what Leedskalnin did.

The issue I have with that story is that photons are everywhere, day or night. They are the force carrier particle for all electro-magnetic forces. Heck, even if you want to just reduce this to magnetic (I am unconvinced still, but whatever) -- you still need photons to be the force carrier particle. If photons "knock off electrons", how can the carrier particles do their thing? Once the force is transmitted, using the carrier particle, wouldn't that just knock the electron off, and then there would be no force?

Besides, like I wrote above, there are photons everywhere, day or night. Photons range over the entire EM spectrum. From Radio, to UV, to visible light, to IR, to gamma rays. At night, there are photons from radio and TV and satellite signals, there is cosmic background radiation. Even more simply, at night, the Earth radiates the heat the crust absorbed from the sun during the day -- these are all photons. People radiate heat, too, again photons. So, just because there aren't as many photons in the visible light spectrum at night, in no way whatsoever means that there aren't photons. Because there are plenty -- and they should be "knocking" off electrons, too. So, this whole rationale behind the story is highly, highly suspect.

Visible light is only a tiny, tiny portion of the EM spectrum which is all photons!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/EM_spectrum.svg

The issue I have with that story is that photons are everywhere, day or night. They are the force carrier particle for all electro-magnetic forces. Heck, even if you want to just reduce this to magnetic (I am unconvinced still, but whatever) -- you still need photons to be the force carrier particle. If photons "knock off electrons", how can the carrier particles do their thing? Once the force is transmitted, using the carrier particle, wouldn't that just knock the electron off, and then there would be no force?

Besides, like I wrote above, there are photons everywhere, day or night. Photons range over the entire EM spectrum. From Radio, to UV, to visible light, to IR, to gamma rays. At night, there are photons from radio and TV and satellite signals, there is cosmic background radiation. Even more simply, at night, the Earth radiates the heat the crust absorbed from the sun during the day -- these are all photons. People radiate heat, too, again photons. So, just because there aren't as many photons in the visible light spectrum at night, in no way whatsoever means that there aren't photons. Because there are plenty -- and they should be "knocking" off electrons, too. So, this whole rationale behind the story is highly, highly suspect.

Visible light is only a tiny, tiny portion of the EM spectrum which is all photons!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/EM_spectrum.svg

The difference between light and dark is many orders of magnitude in photon flux. A light bulb is spewing forth perhaps 10^18 visible photons every second, and if the photoelectric effect were truly an issue this would be important because IR photons don't have enough energy to ionize most atoms or molecules. But for excess electrons deposited from static electricity, it's not the photoelectric effect, and it's quite possible that thermal IR photons are important.

Photons as force carriers are virtual, and are not going to knock electrons off other than in the context of an electromagnetic field being present, from some other charges, exerting that force.

——

It's also quite possible that Leedskalnin did his work at night because he was an eccentric. If the described effect is real, this is just one more thing to test. But the seclusion of Leedskalnin is one reason why it's not scientific, since you need repeatability of the phenomenon in order to test it. But nobody else sees monopoles, which is bad news for supporting this contention.

My experiment was trying to put a negative charge on the cement brick and see if the Earth's magnetic field would push up on it, and make it lighter. [it had to be done in the dark because light photons will knock electrons [whic Leedskalnin calls south pole magnets] off of the brick and so light would interfere with the experiment. I tried to disconnect it the using the way that he disconnected the welding rods as a model.

I assume what you mean by a “cement brick” is really a concrete brick or block. I’m having trouble visualizing this setup. There must be some reason why a T pole is embedded into the concrete pavement in the first place. Could you tell me what the diameter of the pole is? Does the “cement brick” weigh 15 pounds before or after it has been soaked? If before, then how much did it weigh after it was soaked? Did you dry the brick and then weigh it after the experiment? Or was it still soaking wet? Or did the scale just say – 13 pounds? Was there some indication on the ammeter of the battery charger to tell you how much current was going through the circuit? How did you hook the alligator clamp of the battery charger to the “cement brick”? How old was the battery charger at the time of the experiment? Did the battery charger have a non-polarized AC plug or a newer style polarized plug, or a grounded plug? Do you know what the voltage is of the battery charger?

Answering these questions will give me a better idea of how this experiment was conducted.

I assume what you mean by a “cement brick” is really a concrete brick or block. I’m having trouble visualizing this setup. There must be some reason why a T pole is embedded into the concrete pavement in the first place. Could you tell me what the diameter of the pole is? Does the “cement brick” weigh 15 pounds before or after it has been soaked? If before, then how much did it weigh after it was soaked? Did you dry the brick and then weigh it after the experiment? Or was it still soaking wet? Or did the scale just say – 13 pounds? Was there some indication on the ammeter of the battery charger to tell you how much current was going through the circuit? How did you hook the alligator clamp of the battery charger to the “cement brick”? How old was the battery charger at the time of the experiment? Did the battery charger have a non-polarized AC plug or a newer style polarized plug, or a grounded plug? Do you know what the voltage is of the battery charger?

Answering these questions will give me a better idea of how this experiment was conducted.

I had alot of spare time in the year 2000. I got Leedskalnin's books to see if I could determine what he did. Proper scientific method is --start with the experiment and the experiment shows you what the theory is. [False scientific method is ---start with a theory then find an experiment to prove it.] Leedskalnin was using proper scientific method in his books. His ideas came from experiments first. He was testing current using compass needles. What the needles showed him, that is what he believed.

Leedskalnin describes electric current as north pole magnetic units flowing from the positive terminal of the battery with a corkscrew right hand twist in the flow, and an equal and opposite flow of south pole magnetic units flowing from the negative terminal of the battery with a corkscrew right hand twist n the flow.

The pole was a clothesline pole for drying clothes; it would have wires hooked on it. It was about 6 inches in dieameter, 7 ft. high with two poles coming from the center pole like a T shape. I hooked the positive aligator clamp from the charger on the pole because of Leedskalnin's description of current. I was trying to put a negative charge on the brick. I reasoned that I must run positive charge off in another direction to do that. So I connected the positive clamp to the pole, to run positive charge into the pole. The negative clamp was connected to a top corner of the brick. The brick was a standard H shaped cement block, brick. I put the brick on the scale to observe weight. Dry cement is not a good conductor so I soaked the brick with water and the cement ground from the pole to the scale with water and maybe the bathroom scale got soaked to. The weight of the water has no effect on the scale. Current ran from the positive clamp, into pole, down pole across wet concrete floor and up through scale to bottom of brick and through brick to negative clamp.

Done on a cold dark night with a flashlight. Coldness probably helped greatly as wet pavement is not a good conductor. Coldness reduces resistance a lot. Amps is what is important as you are trying to build up charge. It pushed 20 amps through the clamps, but I don't know how many amps actually flowed over the wet pavement.

The brick weighed 15 pounds. Tested--still weighed 15 pounds. I turned on the current for about 10 minutes. Picked brick up off scale; I think I put in down quickly on dry pavement; took the negative clamp off and put it back on the scale. It weighed 13 pounds. Science reqires repeatability in experimenst. So I did it again. It weighed 13 pounds again after being disconnected and put back on the scale.

I did that to satisfy my curiosity as to how Leedskalnin could levitate stones using electricity. I have no reason to doubt the signed affidavits of people that said they saw stones floating in the air because there is about 2 million pounds of heavy coral stone sitting there in Florida and science does not know how it got there.

Since negative charge is what Leedskalnin described as filling it up with south magnetic pole units, then a negatively charged brick should be a south magnetic monopole. The Earth's magnetic field pushes upward on the south pole end of a compass needle in the northern hemisphere. So the negativiely charged brick should have gotten lighter because of being pushed upward by the Earth's magnetic field, if Leedskalnin was right about charge really being magnetic. My experiment showed to me he is right.

You could play around with this and come up with a better setup to push many more amps and get a greater charge on the brick. That would make it lighter still and maybe even float.

Try positive clamp to one brick. Negative clamp to another brick, and a battery jumper cable connecting the two bricks. The negative clamped brick on a scale and sitting on an insulator on top the scale. Disconnect by taking the jumper cable off of the negative clamped brick. It is important how you disonnect because you don't want the charge to run off of the negatively charged brick. It should not want to run back into the direction of the negative clamp when you take off the jumper cable. You could play around with it if you want to. I don't have any interest right now in doing that. I am working now and have other things to do.

Hey, make a brick float on the Earth's magnetic field at night and get the news media out there to film it. You should be famous shortly as a notable scientist.

As for me, I just wanted to satisfy my curiousity as to how he did that. I have satisfied it.

I really have to say here that the Earths magnetic field is too weak to levitate a sewing needle much less a chuck of coral stone weighing several tons. If indeed this guy levitated these huge stones it was not by using the Earths magnetic field........

I really have to say here that the Earths magnetic field is too weak to levitate a sewing needle much less a chuck of coral stone weighing several tons. If indeed this guy levitated these huge stones it was not by using the Earths magnetic field........

I really have to say here that you must not understand the situation.

A sewing needle, magnetized, as much as you can, will have the south pole hanging upward as the earth's magnetic field pushes up on it, if you hang it from a thread in the middle. The more metal you have, the stronger the magnet can be made. Suppose you made the needle to be 20 feet long and weigh 150 pounds, and you magnetized it as much as you could. The magnetic field around the needle would be much stronger because you have much more metal. Hang that in the middle by a strong rope, and the south end is going to still be pushed upward; it will hang with the same angle upward as the small needle. The difference is, it now takes much more force to make it hang slanted and much more force to make it hang level against the upward push on the south end. How much force the magnetic field can exert is going to depend on how strong the magnet is. The earth's magnetic field will lift a strong magnet even weighing tons, if it is magnetized strong enough. Leedskalnin designed his own powerful direct current generator; I think he powered it with a strap to the axle of a car. It pushed a lot of amps.

You think the earth's magnetic field is not strong. It is extensive, very large, that makes it strong. The Nasa tether experiment hung a conductor tether 12 miles long from the space shuttle. It traveled through the earth's magnetic field as the shuttle orbited. The magnetic field of the earth is much weaker way up there. It generated enough electric current, traveling through the earth's weaker magnetic field to provide enough electrical power to run the space shuttle.

The Earths magnetic field will not lift a sewing needle, it will not lift a 150 pound magnet or a 150 ton magnet no matter how strongly magnetized it is. Your idea of magnetic fields is not connected with reality. The Earth's magnetic field is very weak, compared to it's gravity. I see no way possible to use the Earths magnetic field to levitate huge stones.

The Earths magnetic field will not lift a sewing needle, it will not lift a 150 pound magnet or a 150 ton magnet no matter how strongly magnetized it is. Your idea of magnetic fields is not connected with reality. The Earth's magnetic field is very weak, compared to it's gravity. I see no way possible to use the Earths magnetic field to levitate huge stones.

Well here is a simple little experiment you can do to see if my idea of magnetic fields is connected with reality. Get two magnets of equal strength and put north pole to north pole. Feel the strength of the magnetic repulsion between the two. Now get a stronger magnet, and hold that on the left, and put them north pole to north pole. See if the repulsion between the two increases because the magnet on the left is now stronger than the one on the right. Get a stronger magnet still and put in on the left and put them north pole to north pole. See if the repulsion between the two increased further because the one on the left is now a stronger magnet still.

If increasing the strength of only one of the magnets will increase the repulsion between the two, then my idea should be correct. Increasing the strengh of the magnetic field on the stone should increase the repulsion force between it and the earth's magnetic field. Increase the repulsion force enough and the stone will lift. --Because of how strong the magnetic field is on the stone.

If the earth's magnetic field in this situation is as weak as you say, then how come the brick I charged up lost two pounds in weight? I am like Leedskalnin. I let the experiment show me what to believe.

Well here is a simple little experiment you can do to see if my idea of magnetic fields is connected with reality.

1. Few does not mean none. You need to find one, otherwise the theory is moot.
  2. Why would there be few? You're not talking about some force we can't recognize, or a force that is hard to detect. We have accurate detection methods for magnetic fields. So accurate, in fact, that we have instruments that can identify minute changes in the gravitational force on the surface of the Earth.

If your idea is valid, checking it should not be a problem.

Get two magnets of equal strength and put north pole to north pole. Feel the strength of the magnetic repulsion between the two. Now get a stronger magnet, and hold that on the left, and put them north pole to north pole. See if the repulsion between the two increases because the magnet on the left is now stronger than the one on the right. Get a stronger magnet still and put in on the left and put them north pole to north pole. See if the repulsion between the two increased further because the one on the left is now a stronger magnet still.

If increasing the strength of only one of the magnets will increase the repulsion between the two, then my idea should be correct. Increasing the strengh of the magnetic field on the stone should increase the repulsion force between it and the earth's magnetic field. Increase the repulsion force enough and the stone will lift. --Because of how strong the magnetic field is on the stone.

These type of experiments were done 100 years ago, with quite clear cut results, antiaging. On top of that, those are the type of experiments you can do yourself. The only problem you might find is measuring accurately, but that too can be resolved quite easily.

Go ahead then. Test this. And then tell us: Are your results any different than Maxwell's and his peers?

If the earth's magnetic field in this situation is as weak as you say, then how come the brick I charged up lost two pounds in weight? I am like Leedskalnin. I let the experiment show me what to believe.

I don't know how a brick you charge up lost two pounds in weight, it makes no sense it did. To be perfectly frank: I don't think it did.

I'm not accusing you of a lie, I'm just being skeptical, as I should be in science. If you want your experiment to be accepted, it needs to be repeated by third parties and the same result found. That means you need to provide the process of your experiment so we can all repeat it.

Then, we can test the experiment *itself* (IE: did you perhaps forget something? Was your brick affected by anything other than gravity that might've caused it to 'lose' weight? etc). Then, we will test it ourselves and see if we get the same result. If we don't, that's the end of it.

~moo