The Dangers of Staphylococcus Epidermidis

S.epidermidis is a gram-positive pathogen that eats away connective tissues and walls of blood vessels from the outside and then inward.

Wounds caused by S.epidermidis do not coagulate, clot or harden.

S.epidermidis dissolves connective tissues and the walls of blood vessels instantly. S.epidermidis is also a lethal anticoagulant. It does not prevent clotting initially but liquefies any clots that have formed. Platelets in the wounds are allowed to go through the chemical reaction that would clot blood, however these clots dissolve right after they are formed.

Here are the characteristics of a wound caused by S.epidermidis:

1. The epidermal, papillary-dermal, and reticular-dermal tissues are dissolved and the portions of capillaries supplying them are also liquefied.

2. Profuse bleeding from the wound [due to damage of the capillary walls and the anti-coagulant affects of S.epidermidis].

Fatalities associated with S.epidermidis wounds are a result of massive hemorrhaging from those wounds.

Enzymes produced by the S.epidermidis prevent blood from oxidizing, losing oxygen or decomposing to bilirubin or other substances that would normally cause blood to get stale and turn brown. Hence the blood at the site of injury always remains bright red and liquid.

S.epidermidis has an affinity for scar tissues and inflamed areas. Hence S.epidermidis easily dissolves scar tissue and un-roofs blisters making it impossible for the infected regions to swell.

S.epidermidis's coagulase enzyme breaks down any coagulated tissue -- including blood clots.

In addition, S.epidermidis liquefies and consumes any keratin it can find -- this causes hair, nails and any remaining epidermis to be extremely soft, smooth, tender and elastic.

I'm glad to see you're softening a bit on this particular microorganism, Green Xenon. When pasting your description here, you left out some of the vitriolic language you used at other sites, such as:

"S.epidermidis is a sadistic gram-positive pathogen...."

"S.epidermidis is the most flesh-ripping gram-positive pathogen...."

"S.epidermidis is a cruel gram-positive pathogen...."

Are you becoming fonder as the Google hits become greater?

S. Epidermidis is clearly an extremely dangerous microorganism since it can live in environments containing the most horrible toxins. The key example of this is that it positively thrives in areas with high concentrations of dihydrogen monoxide, which we all know is a leading cause of death in humans.

• 2 years later...

My testicles got swollen and painful. The result of the Ultrasound is highly suggestive of an Acute Bilateral Epididymo-Orchitis. My doctor gave me Ciprobay but it got worst. While waiting for my Urine Bacterial Culture and Sensitivity Test, my doctor gave me AMIKACIN and CEFTRIAXONE for 3 days. I feel a little relieved from pain. When the bacterial culture was out, they were able to isolate the culprit: Staphylococcus Epidermidis. However, the bacteria was resistant to most antibiotics specially Rifampicin and Vancomycin. There are only 7 kinds of antibiotics the bacteria is sensitive, and they are: 1.)AMIKACIN 2.)CEFACLOR 3.) CEFEPIME 4.)CLARITHROMYCIN 5.)ERYTHROMYCIN 6.)IMIPINEM and 7.)MEROPENEM. Today I am taking CEFACLOR and ERYTHROMYCIN, but I feel very little improvement. Question: What do you think is the best antibiotics for me? What do I do? Do I have alternatives? Anybody out there who can help me?, share what they know about it? Thank you.