Favourite stand-up

Royston

The title speaks for itself.

So please share your favourite stand-up comedian / comedienne, and a few words (if you like) why they're your particular favourite. If available (which is an almost guarantee with youtube), share some clips.

My all time favourite, is possibly the late Bill Hicks, mainly for his tenacity and opinions which define his act. I'm also a massive fan of Bill Bailey (being a musician myself) I love the amalgamation of music and comedy, as well as his style.

However, my current favourite (probably more suitable to a British audience) is Michael McIntyre, who's delivery is amazing IMO, and for me, has rebranded observational comedy, and doesn't rely on sniping, like so many acts do these days. Here he his 'Live at the Apollo.'...it's in three parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd--6cWBIVU&feature=related

Edited by Snail
Links

I used to like Michael McIntyre on Mock the Week but have never seen his stand-up. My favourites are probably Eddie Izzard (who I am finally going to see this year!), Bill Bailey, Bill Hicks (RIP), and Ricky Gervais. Quite like Frankie Boyle and Ed Byrnes too.

Kaeroll

I forgot about Eddie Izzard, incidentally (we seem to be watching a lot of stand-up in our house recently) my housematess recently bought the Bill Bailey compilation. He's now reached the dizzy heights of Wembley, and rightly so, 'Tinselworm', if you havn't seen it.

George Carlin and Bill Hicks are definitely my favorites on the RIP list. Loved their opinionated indictment of the human race. Eddie Izzard is a recent discovery for me. Really enjoyed his Dress to Kill special, especially the world history related stuff.

One of my favorites has always been Lewis Black. I guess I just really like the "angry" comedian because most of my favorites are doing comedy dressed in a rant. There's tons of Lewis Black stuff, here's a teaspoon full.

Lewis Black on Starbucks (a classic):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9iMgSNrwv4

Lewis Black on hunting (Dick Cheney slam included!):

"These people are watching the Flinestones, as if it were a documentary" - Lewis on people who believe the dinosaurs and man lived together.

Edited by ParanoiA