Marie Curie

Guest BHorseMath

Guest BHorseMath

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about Marie Curie. I am quite interested in her and would like to find out anything anyone knows about her.

btw if this is in the wrong forum my apologies I am new.

Guest BHorseMath

whichever....though I would like it if u could tell me some stuff. like what she did and stuff.

She invented leukemia...?Who would want to do that? :D

Maybe she had an antisocial streak? LOL.

I know I for one wouldn`t sit in a shed all day sifting through a ton of pitch blende to get less than a gram of Radium from it! BOOORING! Zzzzz....

Maybe she had an antisocial streak? LOL.

I know I for one wouldn`t sit in a shed all day sifting through a ton of pitch blende to get less than a gram of Radium from it! BOOORING! Zzzzz....

me nither. I might get someone else to do it though. depends on whether I like them or not :P

Awwww :)

I don`t think I could do that to anyone really, radiation aside, it would be so mind numbingly tedious and repetative I think even a robot would fake a broken servo to get out of it :)

in Europe during the 40`s Radium water was made regularly for drinking in the morning, it was like a wire mesh sphere that contained a lump of Radium, that was then encapsulated in a metal container with holes in it, that was then dropped into a jug of ordinary tap water overnight and drunk in the morning. My Nan (Grandmother) used to have one and my Mother used to play with it as a child!!!!

scary huh!

well I`ve no idea what it tasted like in all honesty, but I should imagine pretty much just like ordinary water, although I`m not 100% sure of the thinking behind the idea in the 1`st place, I can only assume it was considered a way to Sterilise water during the War without having to boil it and use valuable fuel? I`m only guessing tho` :)

Hello,

This is a link that can help you to know more about curie and her husband

http://www.orcbs.msu.edu/radiation/radhistory/pierremariecurie.html

Really, I'm very interesting on marie curie and her life story

She is one of the great scientists in the 20th century and she did a revolution in the scientific field I wish to be like she in one day

Thanks to you and I wish this link help you

http://www.orcbs.msu.edu/radiation/radhistory/pierremariecurie.html

thanks

Doctor Asmaa

Guest Enigma'07

I did a project on her recently. It depends on what kind of information you need; biographical, accomplishment, or both.