Happy Anniversary

ecoli

To me and SFN... four years today and still going strong!

Seriously though, I'd like to thank everyone here for the past 4 years. It's been a long, strange journey. I've changed a lot over this time, due in no small part to SFN's influence and I am certainly better off because of it.

I can't even begin to point to individual members and express my appreciation for the interactions and friendships I've built with many of you. I am grateful to this community of scientists and critical thinkers who have helped me to continually challenge myself, whether that's related to scientific knowledge, political opinions or (back in the day) religious beliefs.

I'm sure many of you share these sentiments.

sorry about the mushiness, but this has been my longest and most stable relationship so far :D

I've never cared for lengthy speeches, so I'd just like to say that during these years it has become quite clear that SFN is built on, and supported by, its fine members, standing on an electrically heated foundation of epic win and awesome.

sorry about the mushiness, but this has been my longest and most stable relationship so far :D
That's because we don't get jealous when you post on other forums, we don't expect flowers, and we don't pout when you don't call us the next day.

And mostly because you remember *our* anniversary. ;)

Happy fourth anniversary! :D

Which actually is the flower anniversary. :mad:

Phi for All, you're on the news! Looks just like your avatar :)
I chose the Helix Nebula as my avatar 4 years ago (and haven't changed it since) for many reasons. It looks like an eye (I), it has many Phi (Golden Mean) ratios, it's there for All to see (but only if they know where to look), and being 690 light years away puts it in my favorite position. :D

And, of course, it's called The Eye of God. I never forget my galaxy-sized ego. ;)