Science Fiction must haves

mrsemmapeel

I guess there are some people on here who enjoy science fiction as much as science fact, so I was wondering what item or person from science fiction would you most like to have/be?

I'd like a tardis please, with the Doctor.....maybe I could be his assistant? Yes that sounds good.

How about you?:D

Items:

-A vacuum collapser from the game Weird Worlds

-The Heart of Gold spaceship from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-Some photon torpedos from Star Trek

-That weird spontaneous combustion thing the alien bounty hunter used in X-Files

-A lightsaber from Star Wars. And possibly a Death Star

-Some of those glowing (and low resolution) glowing crystals from Space Quest III

-A necron gauss gun from Warhammer 40k

-A BFG 9000 from Doom. The chainsaw seemed somehow especially cool too

-A rocket launcher from any of the Quake games. Rockets seemingly unaffected by gravity? Count me in!

-The TAC gun from Crysis (nuclear grenade launcher)

-Any robot from One Must Fall 2097. Nova or Pyros preferred

-A few of those ridiculously large swords from Final Fantasy 7. I wouldn't say no to some Summon materia or mako cannons either

So uh, I've had my share of scifi. I'll list more items and possibly some characters later.

Definitely a TARDIS

- the vision system from Predator

- a Goa`uld invincibility shield

- a Phase shifter for invisibility

- Mystique from the X-Men as a sidekick

- Captain Jacks wrist teleporter

I don`t much care for weapons (of any sort), but a Light Saber would be cool for getting out of awkward places.

The Delorian from Back to the Future - complete with Mr Fusion Upgrade of course.

A light saber (with thin beam setting - useful for boring holes when your hammer drill is not man enough for the job)

Kira and Dax from Deep Space 9.

basically, its a ribbon of an ultrastrong material(called scrith) around a star that is able to support life on the inside surface due to it having massive mountains at the edges to hold the air in and spinning at some 700km/sec for gravity.

it also has the ability to shoot x-ray laser beams from the sun.

I don't mean to point out the obvious, but did anybody else even look at this article? The beginning was hilarity...

I'm gonna say some of the weaponry, sniper rifles and such from 'Mass Effect' because they were sweet. Also, whoever threw in the holodeck, you rock and bring me back one too! - Really if possible, I'd forgo anything else if I could get the Starship enterprise intact~ I'm not a trekkie by any means, but they had some sweet tech!

I'm gonna say some of the weaponry, sniper rifles and such from 'Mass Effect' because they were sweet. Also, whoever threw in the holodeck, you rock and bring me back one too! - Really if possible, I'd forgo anything else if I could get the Starship enterprise intact~ I'm not a trekkie by any means, but they had some sweet tech!

I found Mass Effect's weapons rather boring, especially due to the lack of variety inside a category. The point of getting better weapons in games is that they eventually look incredibly cool/absolutely ridiculous and have all sorts of awesome names like Antimatter Megablaster of Doom, instead of stuff like Striker VIII. :(

I don't mean to point out the obvious, but did anybody else even look at this article? The beginning was hilarity...

I noticed. Considering her past career, it is amusing.

As for the rest, hmmm.

For a base of operations, if I_A doesn't mind, I'll take the area spinward of "Fist of God".

For a ship, the "White Star", with a TARDIS in the hanger deck. (See Avatar) Not the biggest, meanest ship out there but fast and manouverable. Second choice the "Andromeda Ascendent" or a Vorlon Planet Killer. (There's something cool about a ship so big it causes an eclipse.>:D Lets the people below know they're in trouble.)

Other tech. Complete sets of MI armour from "Starship Troopers" (the book, not the movie) each fitted with Goa'uld personal force fields and phase shifters.

Mind you, a "Skylark of Valeron" might come in handy one day, say when there's a galaxy that's p*ssed you off.

I found Mass Effect's weapons rather boring, especially due to the lack of variety inside a category. The point of getting better weapons in games is that they eventually look incredibly cool/absolutely ridiculous and have all sorts of awesome names like Antimatter Megablaster of Doom, instead of stuff like Striker VIII. :(

Completely agreed, but they took small slivers of a big block of metal inside and used it to fire, so we don't have to reload!

-though again, the starship enterprise, holodecks and transporters