Christian Men are "Easy Targets"?

ku

Another way is to downplay your wealth and worth. Pretend it is less or you got hit hard in the stock market. There will still be woman who will like you anyway, even with a moderate worth. If flashing the cash is your lure, than you are going to attract barracuda. This is high maintenance and can be more risky in terms of your concerns. The nice girls interpret the flash differently. Either she will think you are a player or she doesn't have a chance. This is what you are looking for. She will be lower maintenance and your sharing will make her a mate for life.

Foreign women, who are beautiful and intelligent are looking for husbands. There are Christian countries like Russia, Rumania, Hungary where the gals are foxes. Many are old fashion women in modern bodies. These countries are only beginning to develop and many women are still in a time warp. If you like old world charm and women seeking the basics of family. Play down the wealth to find someone you can trust and love.

To Mr Skeptic

I tend to agree. The point of similarity is that they both deal with disasters. Firemen get called to disasters. Lawyers, like vultures, seek them. However, when shit happens, someone has to clean it up. When legal shit happens, it may be necessary to get a little legal help for the clean up. Lawyers as shit shovellers.

I spoke to my pastor and he told me that indeed a Christian cannot ask for a prenup and that if I get married I'd have to accept the risks.
I call BULLSHIT on the pastor. He's cherry-picking from doctrine that supports his stance. Before pre-nups, a Christian man had other recourse for an unfaithful wife. Since today he can't legally cast her out into the desert naked, a Christian man has every right to draw up a legal agreement that does the same thing.

And look at it this way, if a wife is unfaithful to the marriage (in any way that causes its dissolution), any offspring that ensue might need the strength of that pre-nup for their continued survival. It's all well and good to enter into marriage with the faith that it will hold true but can you take chances with your progeny? Surely a Christian pastor would recognize the needs of children.

Well, there's a bit of variety in what being a "good Christian" means - I know some who will not touch a drop of alcohol, and others that drink in moderation, and those that drink in excess in moderation.

You come across as being pretty strong in your faith, so I doubt you'd "rethink your views" in a self serving manner, though its always a possibility (with any human being). Ultimately we all are confronted with situations that do force us to examine our beliefs and make decisions based on our values that can branch in very different ways.

To set yourself up to be scammed and give money to people who will use it to do further ill probably doesn't feel right - but the obvious solution also doesn't feel right.

I think there are strong philosophical arguments for both sides - on the one hand, Christians did have other means to protect themselves when a marriage went bad, and on the other, the question of whether you are truly entering a marriage of "complete trust" if you protect yourself in advance.

Its hard to come to a definitive answer: which is why we have lots of different Christians with differing views, each taking a slightly different leap of faith in the direction that is most at peace with them and how they view their relationship with God.

A lot more than money is at stake in a marriage - you invest many years of your life and often have children in a marriage... all that come with far more painful possibilities than loosing half your money. Personally, I would consider a marriage even with a prenuptial to still be "in full trust" as I doubt you'd ever consider a marriage if you thought there was any chance of the prenuptial having to come into play later. You don't build a house somewhere you expect a flood to wash it away within your lifetime - but you may still buy flood insurance. Your assets may end up needed to take care of ailing family or children, so its hardly selfish to take that responsibility seriously.

But that's just my opinion - and I am certainly no expert in Christianity.

Best of luck in your pursuit.

Let me just start by saying that if you are contemplating a prenup then you should not be getting married yet. I would never consider a prenup because it cause trust issues because your wife wouldn't think that you trust her, and that's not the feeling that you want her to have.

Second...listen to God and let him guide you to the right person. If your relationship is centered around Jesus, your relationship will not fail because of the grace of God. If you are a Christian, you should be looking for a genuine Christian woman with the same values as you.

It is hard to find the right woman, but if you let the Holy Spirit guide you, you will not fail.

When I read the thread title, I thought immediately about how they eat all of those crackers/wafers and gain weight, hence becoming more visible in the rifle's sights. Who knew you all were talking about marriage and prenups. :)