I missed my chance

ydoaPs

On my way to PCU George H W Bush, I drove by the Creation Museum. I seriously contemplated checking it out. I even had my digital camera(with video capabilities, so YouTube possibilities) in my pocket. Gah, I even had legitimate questions about their particular cdesign proponentsist model( such as "After the Flood, how did animals get to all of the continents?") in case I saw someone I recognized like Ken Ham.

Unfortunately, I decided to just drive past it.

Wouldn't it be amusing if science groups started leading tours of the Creation Museum, lead by archeologists pointing out the flaws in their reasoning and why evolution really does answer those questions?

It would be a great response to that story out of Colorado about creationists leading tours of a natural history museum out there.

Wouldn't it be amusing if science groups started leading tours of the Creation Museum, lead by archeologists pointing out the flaws in their reasoning and why evolution really does answer those questions?

It would be a great response to that story out of Colorado about creationists leading tours of a natural history museum out there.

That would be sweet. But I'm pretty sure they'd be "expelled" from the museum.

I've got 20 bucks that says such a group — not attempting stealth, mind you, and attempting to tour the whole thing — gets EXPELLED from the museum.

edit: D'oh. I didn't see Paranoia's post. Still, I'm ponying up cash, and have announced it

I've got 20 bucks that says such a group — not attempting stealth, mind you, and attempting to tour the whole thing — gets EXPELLED from the museum.

edit: D'oh. I didn't see Paranoia's post. Still, I'm ponying up cash, and have announced it

It is easy to get expelled from somewhere, just act inappropriately. Hey, how much is the entrance fee? Maybe I could come out ahead here :D

I might be willing to take that bet, but I need to put limitations on the behavior of the group (i.e. no inappropriate behavior)...and I suppose we would also want the questions to be probing of the flaws in this musuem as well. I don't know how we could verify the actions of anyone there. It would be a he said, she said situation if they did get expelled, and if they didn't I suppose one could argue they weren't critical enough.

The local softball news show (Live at Five, I'm sure you have similar) did a story of them fairly recently. From that I thought it was reasonably close, but its apparently in way up there northern Kentucky. Almost Ohio.

According to its Wikipedia article it's in Cincinnati, Ohio. Not exactly convenient, but surely SOMEONE is willing to shoot us a great video of evolutions leading a scientifically accurate tour of the place!

Come on, just think how much fun you could have with an exhibit like this:

Creation_Museum_10.png

Yah it looks like Cincinnati is right on the border of Kentucky.

Hey look, the Wikipedia has a list of Creationist Museums around the world. Find one in your area for neoAdamsian expulsion goodness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_creationist_museums

I found one in my area, but apparently it does tours by appointment only. Awwww.

Cincinnati is not on the border....unless they moved it since last month.
You didn't get the memo? Last month they decided to move the whole city next to the Ohio River, which just happens to provide a border between Ohio and Kentucky.