Favorite computer/console games?

Cap'n Refsmmat

What type of game do you like most?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What type of game do you like most?

• First Person Shooter
    • City Builder
    • Flight Sim
    • War/Nation Making (rise of nations type)
    • RPG
    • Sports Sim
    • Party Game (Bomberman etc)
    • Driving
    • Other (please state)

Hey what about neverwinter nights? Nobody seems to like neverwinter nights as much as the others...
Hey, Lance, some of my buddies want to get set up to play Neverwinter Nights online this winter when we may not be able to get together due to bad weather. Right now we either struggle through the new D&D 3.5 rules (been playing D&D since it first started, almost), or we play Heroes on my buddy's X-Box.

How do you like it? Do you ever play it online with friends?

Hey' date=' Lance, some of my buddies want to get set up to play Neverwinter Nights online this winter when we may not be able to get together due to bad weather. Right now we either struggle through the new D&D 3.5 rules (been playing D&D since it first started, almost), or we play [i']Heroes[/i] on my buddy's X-Box.

How do you like it? Do you ever play it online with friends?

Yea, I love it. Unfortunately none of my friends have decent computer so they all play x-box, which I don’t have. The online play is great because of so many user made modules. You could also play the single-player campaign online with friends and save the game so you could come back to it the next to you guys decide to play.

The thing about the never winter nights is you don’t necessarily have to know the D&D rule set. You could go through the entire game without knowing any of the rules. Although, I think, it adds to the game. If you just read the users manual that comes with the game you should be alright.

Also I don’t know if I mentioned this before But Neverwinter nights also has a really cool toolset. I think I have had almost as much fun with the tool set as the actual game.

Yea, I love it. Unfortunately none of my friends have decent computer so they all play x-box, which I don’t have. The online play is great because of so many user made modules. You could also play the single-player campaign online with friends and save the game so you could come back to it the next to you guys decide to play.
Saving and picking up where we left off is a must. I've heard the user-made modules are actually better than anything WotC came up with. Can you play with them and still save your campaign?

The thing about the never winter nights is you don’t necessarily have to know the D&D rule set. You could go through the entire game without knowing any of the rules. Although, I think, it adds to the game. If you just read the users manual that comes with the game you should be alright.
I just don't have the time any more to sit down and write up missions, especially with the new 3.5 rules. It just gets more and more complicated, though I totally love the new revamp. They really fixed a lot that needed fixing. But it's so different! Heroes on the X-box is cool and there's lots of action with no setup work on my part, but I like a little more plot and I miss that part of designing dungeons and campaigns.

Also I don’t know if I mentioned this before But Neverwinter nights also has a really cool toolset. I think I have had almost as much fun with the tool set as the actual game.
I need to download the demo to see how it plays on my comp. I don't have a game graphics setup (hard to expense on a business computer). I'll check out the toolset. Thanks!