Digestive transit time ?

Hello.

As our lives are highly ruled by 24 hour periods, meals at mostly regular intervals and sitting on the throne is also periodical, the intestinal transit should be a multiple of 24 hours; if am thinking well.

How long does it take a 'normal' routine meal to evacuate ?

Miguel

Well, it just so happens that I very recently (last week in fact) had a medical procedure in which I had to fast and drink 4 liters of laxative and PEG solution so that all my intestinal contents were..... completely....quote "evacuated" unquote..... before the procedure was performed.

After the procedure, first meal to exit was just about 48 hours. I made note of this because it was of some morbid scientific curiosity for me.

That said, I believe that the norm is anywhere from 24 to 36 hours.

PS: If (when) you have the opportunity to have a camera shoved up your ass, be sure they give you plenty of Demerol and Benzos......so that the experience is nothing like dropping soap in the shower in prison.....

With the proper medication, you won't remember a thing and the rest of the day can be quite pleasurable actually.

I think a lot of that depends on what it is that you ate. Consider that the time for a laxative to work is far less than 24 hours... Also, some foods are easier to digest than others, and some produce more bulk than others, etc.

27 hours for me. accidentally swallowed some lead pellets. they chink against the bowl when the come out the other end.

You hunt, I assume?

Uhhmmmm....how do you "accidently swallow lead pellets"?

This reminds me of a kid I grew up with that would swallow BBs just so he could observe them when they magically appeared out the other end.....