Ever heard of conservapedia.com?

Reaper

I don't know why people come here to talk and never listen. Seems counter to the purpose of "discussion". And yet we see time and time again people who come in here and immediately start setting everyone straight on some issue or another. No sense of community, no sense of communication, no interest in common ground, just "shut up and listen".

Agenda.

Pangloss

I think we have a new official troll to sic iNow on.

I noticed your little pun. Aren’t you the clever one. It’s just like whining, ‘Mommies mean’, help daddy, help, we don’t want to think, we want to spend’.

I don't know why people come here to talk and never listen. Seems counter to the purpose of "discussion". And yet we see time and time again people who come in here and immediately start setting everyone straight on some issue or another. No sense of community, no sense of communication, no interest in common ground, just "shut up and listen".

Desperate times call for desperate measures? While you were fiddling around with the mathematics of a snow balls chance in hell......................splat? School of hard knocks?

It reminds me of the verse, ‘I stand at the door and knock’.

Keep the little natives busy and they are not so apt to question authority? As such there will be no argument from authority because there is no argument with authority?

Splat!

DrDNA

Agenda.

You are probably more right then not, wouldn’t that be normal? We all have one, correct? What is your’s? Spending? George Bush will love ya!

Seven8s

Does he like marvin Gaye?

Ecoli

I don't know... does she?

Yes. Now, can you tell me ‘What’s Going On’? I will even behave and not post a link. how's that for community participation?

Now, I know you have been looking into those economics books, I am hoping by now that you have figured something out, if you haven’t I will expound. But then you should know by now that once the door is opened I am walking in, and so................

An old adage, ‘God helps those who help themselves’ begs a question; to what?

iNow

... A special form of retarded ...

A special form of retarded is school boy tactics. If you don’t have an answer, throw sticks and stones? Argument from ignorance, or busy?

Perhaps I have strayed too far off topic, the topic being the conservapedia site. Is the site trash? Does like attract like? Do we just trash the site with no insight?

One mans trash is another man's treasure.

Agenda.

You are probably more right then not, wouldn’t that be normal? We all have one, correct? What is your’s? Spending? George Bush will love ya!

What do my shopping habits or George Bush have to do with anything?

And why must you turn a general statement, that you admittedly at least partially agree with (I think that's what you meant), into a personal attack?

Did it ever occur to you that someone might actually agree with you on some points? I'm not saying that I or anyone does but they might (there's actually a good chance believe it or not) if you give them a chance before you go on the attack.

Regarding verses: remember the one about the log in the eye?

Yes. Now, can you tell me ‘What’s Going On’? I will even behave and not post a link. how's that for community participation?

Now, I know you have been looking into those economics books, I am hoping by now that you have figured something out, if you haven’t I will expound. But then you should know by now that once the door is opened I am walking in, and so................

An old adage, ‘God helps those who help themselves’ begs a question; to what?

Is it just me or does none of this make any sense? :doh:

seven8 - what points are you trying to make, or are you just trying to confuse everyone by posting nonsense and pretending it has a point?

Is it just me or does none of this make any sense? :doh:

seven8 - what points are you trying to make, or are you just trying to confuse everyone by posting nonsense and pretending it has a point?

It does make sense, but only if you are on crack AND a student of Sun Tzu. I happen to be both, so permit me to translate for you.....

For example:

1. When you sally forth to meet the enemy, show your contempt for him by the haughtiness of your prance.

2. Confuse your enemy with mixed metaphors. Be like the wind beneath his keel.

3. All warfare is based on deception. When the enemy draws near to you, cry out, "Look out behind you." When he turns to look behind him, attack.

4. Always keep the blades of your weapons sharp. It is the way of the ginsu.

5. Always keep the hair of your men shorn close to the scalp. Nobody likes hippies.

6. All warfare is based on deception. When the enemy draws near to you, cry out, "You spilled soup all down the front of your tunic." When he looks down at the front of his tunic, attack.

7. Never lend money to your men just before a battle.

8. Demoralize your enemy by whispering and giggling and then suddenly going silent as he draws near. When he asks what you were talking about, say, "Oh, nothing."

9. Never allow your men to paint flowers or colorful swirls on the sides of their chariots. Nobody likes hippies.

10. Confound your enemy with precepts that sound profound but actually make little or no sense. Be to him as the stallion is to the necktie.

Taken from "Ten Precepts From The Art of War That Never Made It Past Sun Tzu's Editor"

BY JOHN KEARNEY

... A special form of retarded ... :rolleyes:

No, not quite. This guy doesn't quite make it there. I don't think anybody can match the other guy in sheer stupidity.

This message is hidden because seven8s is on your ignore list.

Sorry seven8s, I can't see a single thing you are saying! You are going to have to speak up :D .

How so? The examples Conservapedia uses to support that view are all ridiculous (They allow British spelling! They treat evolution as established fact! They claim the Democratic Party has historical influences of some kind!), so I'm curious to hear why you think it's the case.

I'm afraid I can't think of any off-hand. Since most of the ones I can think of have since been changed. I suppose my gripe lies with how long it takes for said articles to be properly edited (I'm a terrible editor myself, so I cannot contribute). That and some of the elitist bias that comes with their mathematics articles.

However, my claim of liberal bias was not one of evolution or similar facts. It was in how their discussions take place, and how articles are treated. If you mistake me as a conservative fundamentalist nut-job, you're quite wrong. I'm a nonbeliever, after all.

I disagree with your comments above COMPLETELY. Conservapedia is a total intellectual abomination which blatantly lies to people and twists facts to suit some closed minded purpose and support prejudiced ideologies.

Be nice. I said that I like some of their simpler explanations, as it helps those not so versed on some topics. Not that I like their factual inaccuracies. If you weren't so biased towards opposing the very mention of "conservapedia", perhaps you wouldn't have misjudged my intents.

It's like saying that the dictionary and encyclopedia are liberally biased and people need a christian dictionary and a conservative encyclopedia. How stupid can we get? We seem to continue pushing the edges of that proverbial envelope.

As I explained, I can't think of liberal biased links offhand. I can think of plenty elitist attitudes though. One need merely observe the hostility when there are attempts to add simpler explanations to math articles like this one. I only got a firm idea of the concept through a college friend of mine clarifying a few things.

As I explained, I can't think of liberal biased links offhand. I can think of plenty elitist attitudes though. One need merely observe the hostility when there are attempts to add simpler explanations to math articles like this one.

I can be as elitist and hostile as I choose. The fact remains that my statements about the site are accurate, and my disgust with it palpable.

I think we should take a step back a moment and really think about the fact that we are arguing whether Wikipedia is too elitist.

Yep. It's sort of like arguing whether one should have Milwaukee's Best or Old Milwaukee Light with veal.

The King Kong University is organizing a free weekly contest, with the purpose to spread the knowledge world-wide – Old Milwaukee Light rules!

This week question is:

Your crafts club is meeting at your house this evening and you forgot the pretzels. Do you a) give everyone an extra Old Milwaukee Light and hope they don't notice, b) give everyone two extra Old Milwaukee Lights, c) give everyone their own six-pack and suggest you all just **** the crafts, or d) all of the above.

I found the answer by searching the Old Milwaukee Light website, which is: The Excellence Center of Cheap Beer Thrills

And the link for that answer is: http://oml.tappa.kegga.sa/main/index.php?puke=beer4me

The King Saud University is organizing a free weekly contest, with the purpose to spread the knowledge world-wide – anyone can participate in it!

This week question is:

Ofakker (Think) in Arabic, a word embody the first Arabic letters of the words (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics), it's part of the logo of one of the knowledge centers in King Saud University … what is the name of that Center?

I found the answer by searching the King Saud University website, which is: The Excellence Center of Science and Mathematics Education

And the link for that answer is: <removed by iNow>

How is this relevant to the thread? Seems a bit of a canned meat product if you ask me.

The King Kong University is organizing a free weekly contest, with the purpose to spread the knowledge world-wide – Old Milwaukee Light rules!

This week question is:

Your crafts club is meeting at your house this evening and you forgot the pretzels. Do you a) give everyone an extra Old Milwaukee Light and hope they don't notice, b) give everyone two extra Old Milwaukee Lights, c) give everyone their own six-pack and suggest you all just **** the crafts, or d) all of the above.

I found the answer by searching the Old Milwaukee Light website, which is: The Excellence Center of Cheap Beer Thrills

And the link for that answer is: http://oml.tappa.kegga.sa/main/index.php?puke=beer4me

Excellent! But the link is broken. I was hoping to find out more about your University and your crazy club.

Do you know if they have belly dancing?