Strongest Possible Acid?

ed84c

The weirdest things I've seen on eBay is an aircraft carrier (real deal, it was sold for a couple of million dollars I think) and The Scream for 9 million £, which was most likely a fake. :)

And jsatan, it's always good to see that people sell their virginities, just like in the good old days. :D

"You can buy almost anything on eBay, a gift to all.

You got that right. However, I haven't found a good Geiger counter there yet. :(

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol. i saw that aircraft carrier...it was real. also, they sold a town in california i think, for a million bucks. i've seen toenail clippings. one guy was going to tatoo his head whatever the highest bidded wanted and keep his head shaved for a year for all to see. when i checked it it was like..30 grand. lol.

wouldnt all acids do this, isnt slaked lime alkaline?
most acids would clean patios and paths yes, but you have to think about the end results, Ground or pet toxicicity, later effects on the cement paving etc....

not to mention Cost!.

slaked lime or AKA calcium Hydroxide is indeed basic, I don`t see your point though?

most acids would clean patios and paths yes, but you have to think about the end results,
powerful (VERY POWERFUL!) water sprayers will clean patios and paths of 99% of dust and dirt which accumulates on patios over the years.

(attached is an image of my patio half way through jet water cleaning... i'll just add that although the old/dirty part looks bad it really didnt seem it until you see the new/clean bit to compare it to, trust me, it looks normal until you have a comparison picture like this! it just didnt seem dirty at all, then we did this!!)

Garden Patio.jpg

you get more than just dust and dirt, some times rust and all sorts growing deep down.

I wonder what the new cifficbang (sp) is, it cleans coin just like hc does, but so does most things.

@5614

Please be less negative.

antimony pentafluoride isn't an acid.

One of my friends studying chemistry at university further explained the situation to me:

You said antimony pentafluoride isn't an acid,but he believes (not having studied it intensely), that it IS a Lewis acid. However that is not relevant to this discussion.

The reason it is not a normal acid is because it doesnt make H3O+ in water, thats where the acid loses a proton to water, and forms a conjugate base, I.E:

{H2SO4 + H2O ----> H3O+ + HSO4-}

The presence of H3O+ makes a solution acidic, in Antimony Pentafluoride though, the conjugate base is EXTREMELY stable, so you end up with free protons running round in solution - something that never usually happens, because they cant exist on their own so you end up with:

{HF + SbF5 ------> SbF6- + H+}.

I should also specify that HF is a liquid, and not aqueous

Once again, I hope this explanation helps.