Military/Government Warriors that are closest to super human?

GrandMasterK

Statistically speaking if nothing else, who is more likely to generate the most dangerous men on earth? Or, creative scenario, if I had to choose one person to go on a mission you only see in the movies or video games, where would I be looking? SEALs? Green Berets? Black Ops Agents? Some foreign hardcore special forces unit I haven't heard of? Boxing Federation? Ultimate Fighting Championship? Kung-fu temple in china?

Clarify what you mean by "super human".

Does being handed a gun and shown how to use it properly qualify as "super human", or will stealth and the ability to fight unassisted be more important on your mission?

I mean, obviously you can pick any one of the Royal Commandos and they are going to be pretty dangerous with an assault rifle. But stick them in a forest full of ninjas, or put them in the octagon facing Chuck Liddell, and it's another story.

I'd say all arounder. Brains with deadly effective close quarter combat training and a sharp shooter with a myriad knowledgebase of weapons and gadgets. A survivor who might be able to tactically get himself out of something like a military base if he's captured. I'm not really asking who could do that, more of, who's more likely to be able to do those things and have those skills (based on the kinds of training they get and skill requirements). Jason Bourne seems to be good at everything. Do people even remotely as talented as that exist?

On a more classic level, James Bond is skilled at them all, and getting the girl. Someone like that, I guess is what's being looked for.

I'ma say Delta Force, but that's mostly because of familiarity. I'd be willing to bet the Israeli equivalent (presuming there was one) would probably be the best in the world. There may well be one, but I don't know for sure.

Statistically speaking if nothing else, who is more likely to generate the most dangerous men on earth? Or, creative scenario, if I had to choose one person to go on a mission you only see in the movies or video games, where would I be looking? SEALs? Green Berets? Black Ops Agents? Some foreign hardcore special forces unit I haven't heard of? Boxing Federation? Ultimate Fighting Championship? Kung-fu temple in china?

There’s only so much one person can really do all in all. I mean they do all kinds of training for all kinds of circumstances but you cant ever train a person or a group of them for any possible scenario. I have heard of groups of two people, of course trained by the U.S government that basically get paid to attempt to break security at nuclear facilities in the U.S. It was a PBS special and I don’t remember the count but using very primitive technology, such as a rope and a hook for instance they managed to steal radioactive material for instance, it was funny watching them run away with simulated stuff in a wheelbarrow.

We have stuff technology wise that can detect electricity, small to large scale and so on, stuff for weapons with munitions that have microprocessors in them, for foot soldier stuff. IF it were for one person that can do a lot of damage though, I would have to say a sniper really. Then again the ambush when used properly can continue a species persistence like the crocodile for a rather long period of time, so perhaps its really just that strategy and versions of such.:eyebrow::rolleyes: Special operations groups are not really trained with the idea in mind for them to go an be Rambo also, I mean you hear stories about that stuff, but in reality those groups are basically trained to do things you typically don’t want to make a massive footprint for, such as a hostage rescue scenario, or an assassination type scenario. The amount of training such people have to pass is rather extreme, and most all of its detailed to high extreme. Imagine having to be a medic in a special forces unit, a real field surgeon, as they would say it requires a person to be rather high speed and on the ball. Lastly its a team oreintated type of situation also, in that if you were getting trained to do security by say special forces, you wont really see any rambo stuff going on, its more or less highly organized team based stuff, not some guy taking an army in the open with his bow and grenade tipped arrows:D

I'd have to say the SAS.

Yours or ours? ;)

I'd hate to be against either. If I was against both, well, allow me to introduce the first place getter in the "How fast can you Surrender?" competition.:D

Yours or ours? ;)

I'd hate to be against either. If I was against both, well, allow me to introduce the first place getter in the "How fast can you Surrender?" competition.:D

Well, as they are both Her Majesties Armed Forces, I'd rate 'em equally:-)

Statistically speaking if nothing else, who is more likely to generate the most dangerous men on earth? edit: snip Some foreign hardcore special forces unit I haven't heard of?
Imagine the military throwing billions at a program that actually did everything it was supposed to do. Operatives covertly trained in every fighting style from the Mossad's Krav Maga to ninjutsu to the ultimate Unbuckled Swash with pirate cutlasses. Ninja Pirate Spies with no-limit DARPA gift certificates. The ultimate cleaners who never leave anyone around to talk. Completely successful missions with any loose ends explained away or blamed on the enemy.

I want these guys to be real. I want to believe at least some of the money we spend is effective and produces covert personnel who are always successful at being... covert. We'll never know, I guess.

and produces covert personnel who are always successful at being... covert. We'll never know, I guess.

If you did know, they wouldn't be a success would they? So, logically, the fact that you don't know shows that they do exist and are successful. ;)

For my next conspiracy theory.......

I want these guys to be real. I want to believe at least some of the money we spend is effective and produces covert personnel who are always successful at being... covert. We'll never know, I guess.

If you knew then its not a success....:)

Most nations have high speed-low drag, ruthless successful covert operators (do not believe otherwise). If I had to pick the baddest of the bunch I would have to say the Israelis.

Hand to hand training......I would go to a MMA dojo. :)