Quotes!!! Lets make a BIG collection!

jvanhalderen

We suddenly had two posters starting threads in GD asking for a collection of quotes, which we've already started here. I've merged TimbaLanD's thread to this one, and removed GrandMasterK's thread which had no responses.

Character - bush
corner_tl.gif corner_tr.gif
tail.gif
I like my buddies from west Texas. I liked them when I was young, I liked them then I was middle-age, I liked them before I was president, and I like them during president, and I like them after president.
corner_bl.gif corner_br.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has to do it' date='

"No computer will ever need more than 640 KB of RAM" -- Gates, B.

Husmusen[/quote']

Along the same lines "six electronic digital computers would satisfy the computing needs of the United States." - Howard aiken, 1947 (approx. quote, can't remember the exact words)

• 2 weeks later...

"How many people watching believe that I can do it,I never know.But,what matters is that I believe." -unknown

"Woods are lovely dark and deep,

but I have promises to keep,

and miles to go before I sleep,

and miles to go before I sleep," -don't remember who

No matter how much it hurt, no matter how bad, if I just kept smiling...

-Soujirou

It doesn't matter. Use whatever technique you like. However. Once I've said I'll kill you, your death is assured.

-Kenshin

(Man!I like the confidence and attitude.)

Nothing is stronger than the will to live.

-Kenshin

The true answer comes not by fighting but by living your life, as you atone for your sins.

-Kenshin

The pain of wounds can be overcome with determination and preparation. For those who leave themselves to the fight, it is second nature.

-Kenshin

(means that if you behave like a warrior,you can overcome all the pains)

Surpassing your limits is what leads to excellence.Your limits aren't something that you decide yourself.

-Kenshin

The strength of the Kenshin I look up to. Not just the strength of the Hiten Mitsurugi school, but the strength to keep on living bearing the pain of the heart worse than death.

-Yahiko (me too)

Perfect" or "ultimate" are not the kind of words you can throw around lightly. Carry your stupid self-confidence too far and you're gonna get burned!

-Sano(worth remembring)

You can die anytime,but living takes courage.

-kenshin

"We won't go quietly into the night.We won't vanish without a fight,but,we are going to live,we are going to survive."

-from the movie "independence day".

"Heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in a sudden flight,they when their companions slept were toiling up in the night."

-longfelow

"Only impossible thing in this world is to defeat a person who never gives up.(apart from breaking the laws of physics)" -me

"IT's real fun to give 100% in a lost battle.And,if you win,you can stand at the top of the world and shout "I have been there,I have done all and I still survived to tell the tale" " -a friend

"Some people have biggest of bungalows,fastest of cars,pretiest of girls,loftiest of salaries and then they say that life is fair" -same friend

"What is the ultimate truth about ourselves? Various answers suggest themselves. We are a bit of stellar matter gone wrong. We are physical machinery - puppets that strut and talk and laugh and die as the hand of time pulls the strings beneath. But here is one elementary inescapable answer. We are that which asks the question. Whatever else there may be in our nature, responsibility towards truth is one of its attributes."

-Sir Arthur Eddington

• 3 years later...