The Addicting Games Thread

herpguy

I was addicted to several games. One was the Soldier of Fortune II multiplayer... I wasted hours and hours on that game. I was also addicted to the arcade section on IDF, and Runescape, a

I suppose I'm kind of addicted to this game, its not website based it is a mud.

My player was Created: Sun Apr 29 2001, Played: 2574h

"In computer gaming, a MUD (multi-user dungeon, dimension, or sometimes domain) is a multi-player computer game that combines elements of role-playing games, hack-and-slash style computer games, and social Internet Relay Chat channels. Typically running on a bulletin board system or Internet server, the game is text driven, where players read descriptions of rooms, objects, events, other characters, and computer-controlled creatures or non-player characters (NPCs) in a virtual world"

If using windows go to run, type in, mud.lab.net.au 3333 then enter and this should connect you to the game.

If you're using a UNIX shell account:

From the command prompt, type:

telnet 203.9.148.7 3333

MUDs are awsome. I play a less known one called kinslayer weel of time ( kinslayer.mine.nu : 2222 )

If you're using UNIX get Gnome-MUD!!! It has an auto mapper, color coded messages, and all kinds of cool stuff that zmud only wishes it had. The great thing about any open source MUD client is that you can code in bots to auto do stuff.

Two other games:

Wesnoth (strategy)

BZFlag (shooter)

They're both open source, fun, and run on any OS.

Oh, and you cant forget about mines!

I have been playing a game mod called Infiltration for the original Unreal Tournament since 2000. It's an uber realistic first person shooter with a fairly small community of die hard fans. Really cool game im very addicted to for over 6 years.

I also play all the total war games, by creative assembly. Really addicting games for history buffs.

Reminds me of when we were doing a maths exam and someone had their hand up for ages and teacher didn't notice, in the end she was like "sir..." and he was like "ye, one sec, I don't know how to pause this game of tetris"!!!

He literally didn't answer her question for 5mins because he was busy... and when he lost he was like "aww damn" and we were all sitting their silently doing our exam!... we all love our maths teacher!

Have you ever been addicted to a game on a website? Or have you found a fun game? Well now you can post the link to it here!

Mine:

Chopper Challenge

Escape

Jedi Trainer

I'll post more as I find more.

I was one of the first players on the old Gemstone game on the GEnie service. I left before they named the streets though! Anyone out there an old time Gemstoner?

I've played various MUDs & MUSHs and MMOGs, more recently WOW. I guess this makes me OCD?

WOW :eek:

Thanks, probably just beginners luck. I did get better with each go though. I'll see if I can beat it later on.

Here's a similar game, played it a few times (must admit the only game I got truly addicted to was Zelda 'Ocarina of Time' on the N64, which was years ago) not a die hard gamer myself, but have a go at this if you liked 'escape'

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/squares.html

The music sounds a bit like Daft Punk, albeit gets very repetitive after a while.

Not really a game, but I was obsessed with Drawball for awhile. I made the smiley face on the left side which has undergone continuous defacement since. It was supposed to be the smiley face the Commedian wore in Alan More's famous graphic novel Watchmen, the one that spawned the whole meme of bloody smiley faces.

A game that I fancy playing here and there is Counter Strike: Source. I am by no means addicted to this game, but I have spent a considerable amount of time shooting terrorists in the head.

The only game I am truly addicted to is In the Groove (Dance Dance Revolution on steroids). I unconsciously tap my feet to the steps in some of these songs, only to notice halfway through what my body is doing without me.

I love CS too. I play the online thing and its really fun to kill terrorist. Gives you a sense of accomplishment and a feeling that youve achieved something while in reality all you did was waste time.

Thats what i think when i play the game. :D