Happy Pi day!

RyanJ

I can't wait for a Brit to come on and say "no, the date is really 14/3, you weird Americans."

I'm from the UK - I don't care what date format is used as long as its the correct date...

Seems to me the last real Pi day was 3-14-1592 and the next won't be until 3-14-15926

If anyone is still here for the next real Pi Day one post at 5:35 AM :D

I shall add it to my to do list but don't hold your breath for a reply ;)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

At school we celebrated by measuring circle objects!!! It was awesome!!!:rolleyes: And you know what' date=' we even get to right a report about everything we know about pi!

At least we ate some pie :).[/quote']

Woo, Pi everywhere... and I have a new avatar to celebrate - thanks to penagate :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

If you calculate it on your PDA, you might get (wait for it...) BlackBerry Pi.

lol (Oh the puns!)

Today we had pi day in calc and i brought in a cherry pie. Another student bought it from me for three dollars and (guess what!) pied another student in the face. The other student and threw large parts of it around the room and made a real big mess. We have an awesome teacher though and we were all laughing. She did make them clean it up. It was awesome.

YAY pi day

By the way, and a little off the road.

Has anyone seen the movie Pi: Faith in Chaos?

It's very very interesting and very good. A little weird and is an independent film, but I'd deffinately recommend everyone watch it. I certainly enjoyed it. Seeing as I cannot stand star powered movies, this was right up my alley so to speak.

But definately check it out.

wat's pi day?????????????

y is pi such a popular number? other than the fact that it is used for many mathematical purposes' date=' wat's so special about pi that sets it aside from other known values?[/color']

Nothing people just like Pi... I personally love the fact its irrational but thats just me :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones