sci fair

chemfreak

Im having a school science fair and would like some ideas, hopefully in chemistry or physics. REMEMBER Im in 6th grade. I don't mind anything up to eighth grade.

Well the first question would be what part of chemistry / physics interests you? This would help you decide what you should go for :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

You'll have to do a lot of research if you want a science project to be in the field of Chemistry and/or Physics. I recommend you to go googling for Fun Chemistry Projects. You can tell us some ideas if you have any, and we can help you expand the ideas. Ok?

You'll have to do a lot of research if you want a science project to be in the field of Chemistry and/or Physics. I recommend you to go googling for Fun Chemistry Projects[/u']. You can tell us some ideas if you have any, and we can help you expand the ideas. Ok?

Research is essential too any project even more so when it could be dealing with potentially harmful substances suck as those found in some expeciments in chemistry. Always research or you could one day find yourself in hospital because you failed to account for something :)

Good job EvoN1020v for pointing that out!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Always research or you could one day find yourself in hospital because you failed to accounrt for something :)

That's true, I have some experience from when I almost went to the hospital. Let's just say it involved a stick and a venomous snake. My point is that you should always research before you try to do something that you may not like the results of later on in life.

i think i have one. its not really in the aspects of science that i am inerested in,. But here we go. So im gonna compare the building codes of an earthquake prone area and that of a non- E.Q. area. Anybody like it?:confused:

ps: i live in Ca so it will be on the San Andreas

i think i have one. its not really in the aspects of science that i am inerested in' date='. But here we go. So im gonna compare the building codes of an earthquake prone area and that of a non- E.Q. area. Anybody like it?:confused:

ps: i live in Ca so it will be on the San Andreas[/quote']

Well, if you think you can do the project well then take it! Sometimes you need to sacrifice what you like for what you can do well :)

Good luck! Remember to post and let us know how your getting along :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

i think i have one. its not really in the aspects of science that i am inerested in' date='. But here we go. So im gonna compare the building codes of an earthquake prone area and that of a non- E.Q. area. Anybody like it?:confused:

ps: i live in Ca so it will be on the San Andreas[/quote']

What are you talking about? Earthquakes is a subject in science. Geography is the word for this field of science. I have one good idea: You should make a quicksand. Get a big barrell, and fill it with sand. Put a hose in the bottom of the barrell, using a regulator. (To turn the water on and off). Put a fake house or a brick if you prefer, on the top of the sand, and turn on the water. If there are a lot of sand, it will get abit longer for the house to move and sink. The more lesser sand there is, the faster the house will sink.

:: But I'm not sure if this is a "earthquake" experiment though ::

You should know that Japan's structure of their houses are very earthquake prone, because Japan have the tendancy to recieve powerful earthquake around 2 times a year (I think). Also, you should study the plates, and how earthquakes work.

Hope this helps. :)

• 3 weeks later...
i am 11. i like fire. i also like model rockets. if you add them all up you get my science fair project. building my own rocket engine.

Sounds fun.

I'm just wondering, how are you going to do this? Like what materials are you going to use and how will you assemble them?

My 200th Post! :)

There An Easy Way To Make Hydrogen Out Water And Sodium Chloride (Table Salt) But It A Little Dangerous. If You Did Not Know Hydrogen Is Flammable So If You Do Find Out How To Do It Don't Hurt Your Self.You Could Look Like These Guys

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .

• 3 weeks later...