Occupations in Science?

Illuminati

Alright, I already know I'm going into physics.

I plan to major in physics and double minor in business and mechanical engineering.

Yet, I have no idea of the job market. :confused:

So, could someone please enlighten me to the jobs available in the physics field?

Thankyou' date=' that is very enlightening.

However, a good amount of these require a doctoral, atleast all the high paying ones.

Heh, I'm going to be in school forever. :D[/quote']

It only seems like forever. Most traditional jobs are not all that high-paying. Not that you're poor or anything, but the real power of the advanced degree is interesting work.

It only seems like forever. Most traditional jobs are not all that high-paying. Not that you're poor or anything, but the real power of the advanced degree is interesting work.

I can imagine, however, I'm something of a reniassance man, I want to try a little of everything. :D

In addition to the 3 I mentioned above, I'd also like to dabble in psychiatry, electrical engineering, and computer programming (mainly game programming).

This is the reason why I think I'll be in school forever, lol.

I'm planning on majoring in electrical engineering and computer engineering or something of that sort. I'm taking physics hon this year and ap next year. Also, I doing calc ab this year and bc next year. What other classes should i look into. I'm in my junior year.

i have just returned from a fantastic mining engineering summer school with the university of NSW, when i do my degree im looking at mining engineering/physics degree. doing mining engineering means that you are almost cirtain that you will get a job your first year out of uni with a salary of 85,000 AU with paid holiday work while you are doing your degree.(in australia anyway, though i think the program is similar for all unis) doing mining engineering means that you have a huge range of things you can do within the industry, mine management, environmental, working with explosives, its all good.

hehehe, i'm really plugging mining engineering, but if u want to be cirtain of a job.

i know that explosive companies like Orica, have physicists employed for research its really cool, numerical moddeling of explosions ect. XD

that and u work all around the world, with the most massive equipment that any industry uses.