What things might look like at the speed of light..

blike

Ewww neato! :)

some would even make cool wallpaper backdrops on yer pooter!

I`ve read about the idea of being able to see around corners before you even get ther too in a book called "Einsteins Universe" (Another good read).

I still can`t quite get my head around what that would look like though? or would it make you feel sick, or would we even see it as a function of our inabilty to comprehend it?

sweet pics tho :)

It's good imagination. I have a problem with the reality of it because if we change the speed of photons and try to keep the rest of reality intact and calibrated a camera to react in our frequency we still shouldn't have a photograph of anything recognizable.

I can see the "minds eye" going there but the presentations look to me like abstract art.

Just aman

Blike,

AFAIK it was just called "Einsteins Universe" but ya gotta appreciate I have over 2000 books in our bedroom and they`re all stacked up on shelves and against walls and not all are imediately apparant as to what they are (spine away from veiw at bottom of a pile), but WHEN I find it, I`ll post the details (If I haven`t lent it out?)

be sure though, I`ll post the details of it :)

Remember when it showed you seeing around corners in the movies on that site? Thats because you were catching the sideways moving light particles... If you were travelling at the speed of light in your car, you would not only see the headlights, but the bumper and the grill as well.

YT2095 said in post #15 :

LOL :)

I was thinking along the lines of that old question about what happens if you`re traveling in a car at light speed then turn your headlights on, what do you see?

(other than a load of Cops chasing you for speeding).

The speed of light is constant relative to all observers.

THe description from the warping tram video:

IIf we instead watch the tram go by, we see it warp according to the Terrel and other effects

What is a terrel effect?

I tried googling and it gave me non-physics stuff..

YT2095 said in post #15 :

LOL :)

I was thinking along the lines of that old question about what happens if you`re traveling in a car at light speed then turn your headlights on, what do you see?

(other than a load of Cops chasing you for speeding).

if you turn on your headlights and see cops, something's gone horribly awry