Oil Induced Ice Age

Zarkov

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aman, I remember those, the ups are really up and the downs i temp are really down.

What I have found is that we measure temperature incorrectly. If we measured water temperature ( the temp water in a closed contained gets to if left in the sun) it would be obvious what the radiation temperatures are that affect us.

No cloud in Tassie = 70 C even on a air temp day of 10 C

cloud = air temp could be -3 to 12 C

That's right Amann.

I think if we changed the way we measure temperature, ie used what I call "water temperature" to report conditions (instead of air temperature) we would understand more clearly the reasons why water evaporates or not at the same air temperature, and why we feel hot or why it gets cold all of a sudden.

This way of reporting temperature for humans (and LIFE) is more personal for us, since we are water creatures, we are not air creatures!

Love your party!! :) :)

Even ice has vapor pressure exposed to the atmosphere but cold air cannot hold as much moisture so the air must move to keep putting moisture in the atmosphere. I don't see the cycle affected by oil except that if oil capped the water it would aalso capture heat and evaporate water so The cycle would still be at an equilibrium.

Just aman

Originally posted by Zarkov

That's right Amann.

I think if we changed the way we measure temperature, ie used what I call "water temperature" to report conditions (instead of air temperature) we would understand more clearly the reasons why water evaporates or not at the same air temperature, and why we feel hot or why it gets cold all of a sudden.

This way of reporting temperature for humans (and LIFE) is more personal for us, since we are water creatures, we are not air creatures!

Love your party!! :) :)

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is exactly how global temps are measured; a bucket of water, not the air. There are other methods, and all are correlated (like troposphere radiation, etc) and that is where the disputes arise.

Why does that burst my bubble, it is a good idea!

The temperatures that are published are air temperatures, and air temperature by itself has little influence on water evaporation.

Can you find a link to that Hogslayer :)

HONG KONG, China - CNN- Flooding that has claimed an estimated 1,800 lives across Asia is worsening, with forecasters predicting conditions to deteriorate further over the next few days.

New deaths have been reported in Vietnam and Nepal in recent days, and more rain is forecast, officials said.

Rivers in Bangladesh's Brahmaputra River basin, fed by rains and floodwaters from neighboring India, continued to rise, the Flood Forecasting and Warning Center said in Dhaka.

Large parts of South Asia have been devastated by monsoonal flooding over the past two months, while low-lying regions in Thailand, Vietnam and China have also been hard hit.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) -- Wildfires driven by warm, dry weather in May and August, have burned more than 2 million acres (800,000 hectares) of forest in Alaska this summer, almost three times the annual average, state officials said on Monday.

The list of extreme weather this year alnoe is extreme :)

That's fantastic, a bright light, but it certainly has been a wild summer in the Northern Hemisphere.

Down here in the South, we may have to get prepared, there is drought in both Tasmania and and Australia. Oh well count our blessings :)

Originally posted by aman

I hear China has a whole lake rising so high it will displace maybe millions. Maybe they should free thier people.

Just aman

Or give them all enought paper to make origami boats!

First I ought to learn to spell. Thanks for being patient

Maybe all the rains will wash that damned brown cloud of crap out of the sky over Asia. It looks like God looked down and saw what was going on and wiped his butt with their sky. The same with Los Angeles back in the '60s and '70s. Things could be so much better with a few more good people. Maybe a lot more.

The pollution is from too many people.

Just aman

Oh, it is really interesting living in this time in history. There is never a dull moment, and hopefully all our worries are only concerns, and the Good will prevail and we all the peoples of the world will get it together, and clean up the planet!

Crosses fingers and legs!!

:)

Hey Cobbber, Tassie weather is becomming the best in the world, the four seasons, warm summer, warm winter, just right.

The Antartic is calving ice berges, like really big ones, I will see if I can find the sizes, but over the last immediate years, there has been something like 25, all state size, and getting bigger each time!!!

The Artic is evaporating directly, creating floods.

The northern hemisphere is really copping it, and down south, there is only Australia that has both stable government and stable climate. AND I am here!

Guess what we are the dirty THREE

Canada,

Australia and

the USA !!!

What will the world do if it is the layer of oil that is causing the chaos!!!

Asia, Europe etc all use massive numbers of cars!!

Oh, industry has it's fault, but if it's not "greenhouse gases" then there has to be a whole rethink !

Just a thought, just Aman !!