Oil Induced Ice Age

Zarkov

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically people with fixed ideas do not listen.

In theory it is easy to convince an ignorant person: in actual life, people not only object to offer themselves to be convinced, but hate the person who has convinced them.

Ancient Stoic Philosophy

Originally posted by Zarkov

The layer of oil is reducing water evaporation, decreasing rain fall and leading to massive droughts.

...and...
Basically the Greenhouse effect is happening but no real impact as yet (CO2 levels have gone up 100%+, methane 3X etc)> The consequences of this should be increased rainfall, this is not happening.

Oil slick theory would expect "HEAVY" rain / draught etc.......this is what is happening.

Direct contradiction.

The layer of oil is reducing water evaporation, decreasing rain fall and leading to massive droughts.

Ultimately there will be a heating up phase leading to a melt down of the polar ice caps.

Please explain why. You have said that the drought is caused by a lack of water evaporation - why does this lead to a warming phase? I do not see the link. Normally you would explain a warming phase to lead to drought - and this would be in specific climates, not globally.

There is a ?world wide increase in cloud.....but this cloud is sparse and most does not hold rain. It is a consequence of low humidities.

Rethink that. Both sentences cannot be true, and the first does not make sense.

I have been trying to alert professional people for at least 15 years!

You might say it's been your life's work.

There is an increase in greenhouse gases, but this is only having a marginal effect on the weather. The expected effects from greenhouse is increased rainfall, higher temperatures, THIS IS NOT happening.

The effects of an oil slick is drying out, erratic weather, more exrtreme rainfalls, winds, droughts, leading to mainly drought, globally.

Cloud cover...the clouds do not hold rain anymore, they are thin and sparse ( except of course for the massive "moonsoonal" type weather). So from space the cover is greater, but not with rain!

No it hasn't been any work, I have tried to alert professionals.......it is just simply frustrating watching it all unfold and people expecting rain, and knowing it won't happen, and hearing all the fantasy explanations. :)

Sorry Zarkov but your description of the weather sounds like normal rain and normal droughts. They,ve happened throughout history and lots worse have been caused by Earth phenomena in the past.

Since we have so much world information available now instantaneous, people think the world is really screwing up. It went on years ago when we didn't know about it.

Some of us just slept better.

It seems any advance in technology has someone using it to say we're catching this problem just in time and need to fix it right away.

:uhh: :rant: :rant:AAAH We're all gonna die! :flame:

Just aman

I don't see how clouds (which are water) can fail to hold rain (which is water).

I would dispute the fact that the earth is drying out most vehemently. The entire region in which I live was covered by a storm cloud dozens of miles across today - it still has not finished raining. Moments after leaving work I was enveloped by a near-liquid atmosphere as the heavens opened and I was drenched to the skin within seconds.

Oddly enough it was very hot. Strange, these drought thingies.

You are right Sayonara,

What is happening is the weather is becomming more unpredictable, more extreme.

It might not be too apparent in your area, but looking at the whole world, (it could just be our increases attention) there appears to be eithe extreme drying and or extreme rainfall!

It is just there to confuse the inocent! :)

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the world is covered mosly by water and the ocean currents stay the same and the jet streams don't change to much we'll be just fine. Piece of cake.

:toilet:

Theres to many things to blame.

Just aman

Well did any tell you of Ice Ages.

Spinning axis shifts, when the ice caps (counterbalances) melt.......Things might not be alright, no matter what we do!!!

It would be best to get an accurate understanding, rather than believe in pseudoscience!! What really COULD happen could wipe out our civilisation :(

We've had ice ages in the past and all it did was got places a lot colder. We've had shifts in magnetic fields that temporarily left us unshielded from cosmic rays. If we get too hot the Earth will heal by getting too cold. Maybe. All these can be argued because the

Earth is a volatile place. I think a little to volatile to let itself be lightly coated with anything for very long, much less oil.

:nono:

Just aman

I agree Aman. With us gone the Earth will keep on regardless.

An axial spin shift is another matter. We alread have a Chandler wobble, and a new axis through the Himalayas would cause a few worries re the flow of the sea. Just a thought, just Aman :)

Guest Hogslayer

Tell me more about those giant rabbits. Are these the ones which interfered with King Arthur's Grail quest? I think I saw a documentary on that. I believe they used some type of hand grenade to dispatch them :)

Originally posted by Hogslayer

Tell me more about those giant rabbits. Are these the ones which interfered with King Arthur's Grail quest? I think I saw a documentary on that. I believe they used some type of hand grenade to dispatch them :)

It was the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch. Unfortunately (a) it was the only one of its kind, and (b) the Giant Rabbits have adapted to it anyway.

So they ran out of grenades, so that is why I had the "killer" rabbit in my backyard!!

Australia is considering putting Pyramids across our arid regions, to produce pyramid water, either that or desalination units.

Serious concerns are being raised.

The oil on water theory is still being overlooked, even though a "greenhouse effect" response from the weather is not being realised!

Zarkov, you like simplicity, and I appreciate that.

Consider the following problem;

We know that all incoming enrgy to the earth is dissipated at a frequency in the near-IR spectrum. This is simply stefann-Bolzmann at work.

The idea is that UV radiation enters the atmosphere, strikes the earth, is absorbed, and is radiated as near-IR. Sure.

According to the greenhouse gas theory, certain wavelengths of IR are prevented from escaping, and serve to heat the atmosphere.

Sure, okay.

But, the same wavelengths which are prevented from escaping, are also now prevented from entering. And the amount of radiation in that spectrum is greater coming from the sun than the amount emanating from the earth. Thus, total input energy is decreased.

In addition, there was a fellow named Boyle who gave us a mechanism for measuring and predicting the effects of increased energy within the atmosphere. We refer to it as boyles law.

So this increase in energy is accomodated by an expanding atmosphere. The cooling effect is near-instantaneous even in human terms of time.

So the atmosphere regulates energy absorption and dissipation in itself, and overall, more solar enrgy results in less absorption.

So please tell me how anyone with any scientific leaning can repeat the term "greenhouse gas" without a snicker of contempt?

"the same wavelengths which are prevented from escaping, are also now prevented from entering"

This is not my version of events, you were going alright until this bit!

No "greenhouse gases, are supposed to prevent IR leaving, not stopping incommings!

The affect of the ":greenhouse effect" is marginal. The oil on the water affect is paramount. :)

I got to work on a biological survey ship out of Newport Harbor in Ca. I was fortunate enough to be recommended by my college to manage the surveys. We dredged, pulled core samples, took water samples from surface to bottom and recorded temperatures and currents. We were very thorough.

I am sure now 30yrs later that the equipment is much more sophisticated and tests much more precise. Is anybody else aware of this oil phenomena?

Just aman

:cool2: :cool2: Yes I did go to college.

Aman, the oil was first noted and analysed by micro layer marine biologists, and it was reported in the journals. It has since been reported in a number of publications I have viewed.

On one of the other forums a poster actually found an article referring to the oil.

I would like a solid reference as well, I am working on finding one. :)