Oil Induced Ice Age

Zarkov

Many of the European countries don't treat their sewage and the water systems are no where near the scrutiny and protection of the US. The US is making small strides in cleaning up the water. Next will be the air and I hope along with you Zarkov that it's not to late.

Just aman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on, Aman, it's not too late to stop extinction, but the number of people that may become victims, will certainly strain some relations.

If people can keep their cool as others around them starve, LIFE on this planet may get through this trial.

Fingers crossed!

:)

I just got my latest National Geo. It sounds like the looming fresh water to people ratio is getting pretty sad in the next fifty years and you have to drink what you can get no matter what's in it or your body checks out in about six days. I've had to go several days in a real bad situation without water and I would have sucked it out of the pond scum if I could have found some.

Lots of wells dug more and more have all those nasty metals your talking about. We used to be able to survive on clean surface water or slowly filtered groundwater but now we suck it out of the ground with crap in it.

I live in Nebraska but I have to buy filtered water $1 a gallon for cooking or drinking here. I hope it's better there.

Just aman:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow Aman!

Yes life's good here, plenty to drink, cleanest in the world, but some of the croppers are complaining.

I will put in a pyramid soon if the slight lack of rain continues. But I have substantial storage in underground tanks, so I have no worries,

At the moment I drink direct rain water, basically enough keeps falling to keep supplies up.

At $1 a gallon water is quite a burden, but I have seen this type of buisness spring up everywhere.

With out a doubt clean unpolluted water is the most precious substance.

Have you thought about getting a water distiller. Better water, but worth it !

Water distillation or purification systems are pieces of crap or to damn expensive to maintain. When our water table is high the water is sweet. When it's low like now we have to buy water.

I'm too old to build a good system myself

The state of Nebrask actually has a plan for using 260 milk trucks to be commandeered in case of emergency for transport of water.

It's nice to know there is a plan.

Now we have rain again though so the drought is not as serious, thank God.

I'm suffering from mysterious health problems not related to the rest of my family history, but I lived in Central and South America for several years. I was in Santa Marta, Colombia in '74 when a nasty fly who bites was blown over the Andes from the Amazon by storms. The military drove up and down each street shooting DDT 100 ft in the air to kill the infestation. They would come into eating places while I was dining and spray peasants up and down with DDT to fight lice problems. The peasants would lift their arms and smile as they turned around. I saw it happen and was exposed to it. I lived on Beer and sodas and hoped for the best.

It really wasn't a good thing.

Just aman

Thanks for sharing that Aman, life can be cruel!

Glad to hear it is raining. Great!!!

In the West the fires are flaring again, and I read about a Tornado!!

You just keep on in there Aman, just being on the net talking to people is a wonderful thing to do.

In this way we all share, care, and learn, and just maybe we may prevent other people falling into some of the cruel traps set everywhere.

>) >) >)

Nat. Geo. for Oct. just came out to subscribers and it's got a lot about the state of the worlds health. I think the balence of it is in favor of a good outcome but the solution emphasizes change.

Just aman

PS. The Nat. Geo. special is going to open the mysteries of the pyramids in two weeks.

Thanks, Aman, I am waiting to see what is behind that brass door. It is intriguing, what on earth would they have a brass door right down the bottom of a very narrow shaft, that not even a monkey could get into ! :)

MOSCOW, Russia. CNN -- Millions of Muscovites have been advised to stay indoors as thick smoke from forest fires shrouded the city.

Schoolchildren were kept inside and officials warned that pregnant women and people with heart conditions should take extra precautions as the fires raged in peat bogs and forests around the rim of the capital.

CNN Weather anchor Guillermo Arduino described the smog as "unbearable" for Muscovites in one of the hottest summers on record.

He said the area had registered its lowest rainfall for 30 years and the smoke from the forest fires had been trapped by a heavy retaining layer of air which had settled over the city.

The carbon monoxide level is more than twice the maximum admissible concentration, the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry said.

In St Petersburg a similar haze hung over the city as peat bogs burned around Russia's second city.

Just as perspective

(CNN) -- A giant space rock that hit the Earth eons ago scattered high-velocity rubble over the planet, setting off wildfires that quickly spread over much of the equatorial region, North America and the Indian subcontinent, scientists announced this week.

The instant inferno, thought to have hastened the end of the dinosaurs, could have spared Europe, northern Asia, Antarctica and much of Australia, according to David Kring of the University of Arizona and Daniel Durda of the Southwest Research Institute.

The duo, who speculated that the mega-blazes needed only several days to spread around the world, said the horrific scenario followed the impact of a big space boulder in Chicxulub, Mexico.

An immense impact crater lies beneath the site in the Yucatan Peninsula. The blast, which took place 65 million years ago, heralded the end of the Cretaceous Period.

More than three-quarters of the plant and animal species on the planet did not survive the transition to the Tertiary Period, when mammals replaced dinosaurs as the dominant species.

The collision unleashed an estimated 10 billion times more energy than did the atomic bombs dropped on Japan, the scientists said.

"The material was launched around Earth," Kring said. "Then, because the Earth rotates, it turned beneath [the] plume of debris and the fires migrated westward. That's what caused the wildfire pattern."

"It all sounds reasonable. I certainly believe that there were wildfires. I'm revising a paper now that reports significant amounts of soot in KT sediments [which mark the geologic boundary between the Cretaceous and Tertiary Periods] from the central north Pacific, so fires must have been very widespread."

Are you saying a meteor has hit Russia, and we're all doomed?

Or are you just posting random articles and attempting to draw tenuous links like a NON-scientific type person?

What you seem to be building here has a name, Zark. It's called a 'house of cards'.

Sayonara, USA, is burning, Australia will be burning.... no not as bad as for the dinasaurs, but it will interfere with the oxygen / poisionous gases in the atmosphere. I am just dotting iii's and crossing ttt's and it seems you as well!

Howdy Zarkov,

I have to admit that if we don't get one of our regularly anticipated hurricanes soon in the Gulf of Mexico we are screwed. The crap runoff from the Mississippi has so many nutrients it is creating an anerobic river of water 60 miles wide and about 150 feet thick that is wiping out the shrimp and fish population. Without a good storm to stir up the gulf we are going to see a lot of death. We need something to shake up the water. Watch for it cus it's coming this time but we can't keep crossing our toes it will come again.

Just aman

MIAMI, Florida (Reuters) -- Tropical Storm Fay formed in the Gulf of Mexico on Thursday and threatened coastal areas of Texas and Louisiana with heavy rains.

Fay, the sixth tropical storm of the 2002 Atlantic hurricane season, was expected to cause a heavy surf along the Gulf coast and could dump up to 10 inches of rain on parts of Texas and Louisiana, forecasters at the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said.

Good luck :)

Water flow, and oxygen destructiom, are thought I had never really considered, both very important. Hope you keep well! :)