Make my shoes brand new

EvoN1020v

Dilute means you combine bleach with water? If so, by how many v/v%?
Are you using the washing machine? The bleach bottle should give recommended ratios, but it's normally like 1 part bleach to 32 parts water. Start out pretty weak, you can always go stronger if weak doesn't work (you'll regret it if you go too strong too fast).

I've washed leather tennis shoes in the washing machine before. If you use bleach dilute it greatly. They also make racks for the dryer so your shoes don't get beaten up.Not your underwear' date=' I meant the ink stain on your wood floor. Did that ever come out?

Btw, the bag burnt but your underwear didn't. Tres révoltant, mon ami.[/quote']

LOl... wow, I'm surprized you remembered that, I sure didn't. I never did anything to clean up the ink stain... mostly because I was lazy and because it was in my brother's room and not mine. haha. The ink just kind of wore away... bleached away by the sun? or maybe feet wore it away along with the floor finish. But, hey thanks for remembering. I thought you were insulting me, so maybe the burning bag of my soiled undies was premature... I clean it up right away.

Dilute means you combine bleach with water? If so, by how many v/v%?

hmmm, about 1/4 to 1/2 parts bleach to 1 parts water. I just put the mixture in one of those squeeze bottles so I can pump it into the test tube before discarding.

so the clothes began to break down instantly or after like how many number of washes?

I'd say it took about 3 exposures to the bleach... it took that long to make the correct effect in the clothes :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I'd say use some hydrogen peroxide solution (3%) and let the shoes soak in there for a while.

I got this anti-bacterial acne gel that have Benzoyl peroxide gel USP 5%. Can I decompose the chemical or it would be easier just go to the store and buy some hydrogen peroxide solution? [ce](H2O2)[/ce]

if your going with a peroxide, use H2O2. So much cheaper... I don't even know what benzoyl peroxide would do, but H2O2 will work for you plus it's unlikely to do irreversable damage to your shoes. If you look at a sporting goods store or some large shoe stores in malls, they sell little applicators specifically for whitening shoes. I can vouch for their effectivness also. Of course it is somewhat more satisfying when you use rough chemistry to acheive things ;-)

Are you insane? I'm not going to put my rather nice shoes in the washing machine!! It'll get all tore up and become into an useless junk!!! :eek:

Actually, unless you use some sort of alien washine machine that usually shreds your clothes, shoes would be relatively safe in there. Just throw them in with some towels if your worried.

Are you insane? I'm not going to put my rather nice shoes in the washing machine!! It'll get all tore up and become into an useless junk!!! :eek:
It's done all the time. The leathers used in athletic shoes are washable (otherwise they get pretty stinky). From what I've heard, It's the drying that's the tricky part. They need to dry fairly quickly, but not too hot and tumbling them is what tears them up because they keep scuffing each other. As I said, I have a special rack that holds them stationary in the center of the dryer, but I like ecoli's solution of washing and drying them with some towels.

I wash my leather Nikes, NewBalance and Reeboks that way. It should work for Converse as well.

I wash my leather Nikes' date=' NewBalance and Reeboks that way. It should work for Converse as well.[/quote']

I never expected anybody to know my brand of Converse. :eek:

See, I thought putting shoes in the washer is a crazy idea because I'm worrying about getting the inner cotton parts of the shoes wet. It would get all soggy and get ruined??

Thanks Phi for All and ecoli.

I never expected anybody to know my brand of Converse. :eek:
The picture you posted gave it away.

I googled for some info and this site http://www.comfortfeet.com/comfort-shoes-articles/converse-shoes.html says to just use a cloth dampened with lukewarm water and mild soap. It does not recommend using the washing machine. It's from a shoe retailer, not Converse, but it says this specifically about Converse.

So maybe don't use the washing machine. Sorry. :embarass: