What's up with New York?

atinymonkey

I've just seen pictures on the TV of thousands of people crouding up the New York streets after a power cut. Whats going on? Why are they all wandering around?

The BBC has just got correspondents taking pictures and filling in air time. Not very helpful. :-(

New York, New Jersey, Detroit, Ottawa and Toronto, Toledo. People are wandering around on the street because the subways are shut down, no traffic lights to control traffic, ferries, trams and trains are all shut down. Sucks for them :P

It's less interesting now. I've been listening to the Mayor droning on about a powerstation coming back online, he didn't make a lot of sense. Still funny to see so many people wandering round NY, apparently homeless people are directing traffic :D

the only possible use for a riot is for entertainment purposes, where you are trying to stop the riot (personally, I find rioters to be just stupid and would shoot them all if the law allowed for it)

other than that, they're boring;)

Dudde said in post #9 :

the only possible use for a riot is for entertainment purposes, where you are trying to stop the riot (personally, I find rioters to be just stupid and would shoot them all if the law allowed for it)

other than that, they're boring;)

actually, isn't rioting usually just a way for people to express themselves or a point of view? isn't that a better way of getting attention than traditional protesting. like holding up those signs and walking in circles? i always see groups holding up signs in downtown just marching all day. i never see any coverage on that. i see coverage on riots. they are fun to watch.

sepultallica said in post #14 :

actually, isn't rioting usually just a way for people to express themselves or a point of view?

O_o

good god, don't ever get between a group of artists!

rioting is the simple man's way of expressing themselves, if they think that rioting will solve it, then I'll just mozy on over to their house and start looting as a cause of the riot;)